Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Odd weather day here today. Started with rain, then changed to fog, then brief sun and humid. Now a new air mass seems to be moving in.  It is breezy and the humidity is dropping.

7:15 PM on the beach...

20230628_190957.thumb.jpg.cad3b03f37484961a2be30aaab2f5866.jpg

20230628_191002.thumb.jpg.9e828f2837356b5b304bcf7a28519733.jpg

20230628_191009.thumb.jpg.bffa261db887534b254b0c90b2466839.jpg

20230628_191022.thumb.jpg.835d670046fb46d9cf4b6b5b5c11ff06.jpg

• Like 22

@HBE4 Reading posts here, it seems that TMJ is a common ailment where a person is going through a stressful situation.

I no longer need the night guard as I have used other stress relieving solutions. 
I also remember chewing a lot of gum, which I no longer do.

Give the night guard a try-it may get more comfortable as you use it.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

PS Hoping the air quality doesn’t affect our part of LI. I am feeling better and plan to visit friends tomorrow.

I just spoke with a friend in my golf group. I am not up to playing a round yet, but I hope the air quality doesn’t affect their game tomorrow.

Hoping the air quality is good for you in your neck of the woods!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My poor daughter, the one who lost her husband, can’t catch a break.  She has been suffering with jaw and ear pain.  They extracted her wisdom tooth last week but everything flared up again.  She is now back at the oral surgeon.  Hoping they figure out what is going on.

How have she and the boys been managing?

• Like 1

@Ocean BoyThey have their bad days.  Father’s Day was especially hard for them, especially her daughter.  She told me that she and her brother couldn’t celebrate Father’s Day😢 I told her she has grandpa and her uncles and she can remember her dad.  It is hitting my daughter now,  after staying so strong she is being hit hard with the reality of it all.   We are all here for them and I thank you for asking.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Ocean BoyThey have their bad days.  Father’s Day was especially hard for them, especially her daughter.  She told me that she and her brother couldn’t celebrate Father’s Day😢 I told her she has grandpa and her uncles and she can remember her dad.  It is hitting my daughter now,  after staying so strong she is being hit hard with the reality of it all.   We are all here for them and I thank you for asking.

Sorry, I didn't remember she has a daughter. For some reason I remembered it as two boys.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thar sucks! Ours went off for an hour or so for who knows why.It was a beautiful day here yesterday no rain.

I got our generator  out so my Wife Donna could continue to use the computer for her work from home job.

Another beautiful day here again,sitting on the forch porch listening to the birds and watching all the rabbits running around back and forth.

Electricity was restored around 12:30 pm.   Good thing Eric is now retired and was home to take care of everything while I went to work this morning 😄

Peco guy told him there was a large branch a street over pulling on the main cord to the transformer just enough to have it shut off.  

We only ended up with some minor water puddles near the sump pump put which is located in the work bench area.   Eric cleaned it up with shop vac.    All good now.

Next time we won't believe their estimated times and just hook up generator.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I actually have two turntables.  A Dual 1228 and a Technics SL-D3.   Hmm, for some reason, these are now listed in the vintage category, much like me.

FWIW, they do still make turntables, with some good ones in the $200 to $600 range. 

My daughters bought me one a few years ago as I have several hundred LP’s ,45’s and 78’s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie’s vet called me yesterday afternoon with her pathology report.  Unfortunately she had a malignant fibrosarcoma.  Good news was early detection enabled her to get totally clear margins.  (Means vet is sure she removed all of it.)  It was an 11% grade…not sure exactly what that translates to except low grade.

Reading about it sounds like reoccurrence is likely even though this one was completely removed.  Reoccurring potentially anywhere.  So I’m supposed to be on the lookout for any more lumps.  She said she could refer me to a veterinary oncologist but I’m not sure radiation would be indicated if the growth was totally removed…as I was told.  I suspect for some further knowledge of what options might be available down the road…if needed.  I’ll ask for further clarification on Monday when I take Minnie to have her sutures removed.

I appreciate and love Minnie every minute of every day so this diagnosis doesn’t change my appreciation for what she brings to my life…it just makes it more poignant.

I hesitated to post this as I am aware so many of you are dealing with much larger issues and I don’t mean to sound insensitive.

Thanks for the update. You are not insensitive at all. You know how many of us feel about the fur kids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have a suspicion, because of someone who reacted to one of my posts on the Bella thread, that someone may have played Monopoly recently and lost. If my suspicion is fact, and this person is in jail, I hope someone is home to feed the DOG. Have I included enough clues?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a suspicion, because of someone who reacted to one of my posts on the Bella thread, that someone may have played Monopoly recently and lost. If my suspicion is fact, and this person is in jail, I hope someone is home to feed the DOG. Have I included enough clues?

Would that mean no jokes on the humor thread too?

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie’s vet called me yesterday afternoon with her pathology report.  Unfortunately she had a malignant fibrosarcoma.  Good news was early detection enabled her to get totally clear margins.  (Means vet is sure she removed all of it.)  It was an 11% grade…not sure exactly what that translates to except low grade.

Reading about it sounds like reoccurrence is likely even though this one was completely removed.  Reoccurring potentially anywhere.  So I’m supposed to be on the lookout for any more lumps.  She said she could refer me to a veterinary oncologist but I’m not sure radiation would be indicated if the growth was totally removed…as I was told.  I suspect for some further knowledge of what options might be available down the road…if needed.  I’ll ask for further clarification on Monday when I take Minnie to have her sutures removed.

I appreciate and love Minnie every minute of every day so this diagnosis doesn’t change my appreciation for what she brings to my life…it just makes it more poignant.

I hesitated to post this as I am aware so many of you are dealing with much larger issues and I don’t mean to sound insensitive.

Glad to hear Mermaid Minnie's margins were clear.   They are our babies and we all will do whatever we can to keep them healthy and happy.  

Sending happy thoughts for you and Minnie😻

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

🙏 for your daughter and her children. Grieving is difficult enough for an adult, I can't even imagine what it's like as a child.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would that mean no jokes on the humor thread too?

I guess he finally found the end of that very long leash he was given when the humor thread was moved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I rarely post pictures/ puns that are affecting people’s life style or personal preferences. And there are many out there regarding the people/ as well as families that are dealing with the Titan submarine event. 
Those comments do not belong on social media. And I wish somehow they can be prohibited. 
My prayers go out to all impacted. 

But. This smoky event impacting so many lives, that I never fathomed it could occur, or even know about it. 

As an ex smoker ( soon to be 12 years smoke free). I can see now the impact I had on others lives with secondhand smoke. And it took this cartoon to make me realize I was not only harming myself but others. 

That is why I am posting. 
I was stupid and needed to grow up. 

I have no bitterness against Canada, it happens.  They are suffering worse than us. 

I hope it blows over quick. 

I opted not to post. 
Because I would be as guilty as some 

Use your imagination 

Be safe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1