Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks Great!   Poor frogs😪

Will the camper/RV fit in the garage?

We had to buy a tadpole for our Koi Pond yesterday.  About 2 or 3 years ago, we were thrilled to find a baby Koi was born that Spring.  For the next 2 or 3 years, I would look to see if there were any new offspring, but never happened.  This Spring, I was excited to see we had a new member in our Pond.  About a month ago, I saw another small fish.  Wow!  That was exciting, but we now had a total of 10 fish.  That's enough for the size of our Pond.  I would wait for the new small black fish to come out from under the rocks to eat.  Great entertainment for me..lol!  It's actually so relaxing to just sit by the Pond and watch the fish.  Very Zen.  While I was sitting there last week, I saw another little black fish.  Uh oh!  We now have to take steps to stop the population from exploding;  we now have 11 Koi.  

Last month while at the Koi store, I saw a tank full of tadpoles, and I was told that people buy them to keep the fish population from expanding.  They live in the Pond with the fish and eat any roe that the fish lay.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had to buy a tadpole for our Koi Pond yesterday.  About 2 or 3 years ago, we were thrilled to find a baby Koi was born that Spring.  For the next 2 or 3 years, I would look to see if there were any new offspring, but never happened.  This Spring, I was excited to see we had a new member in our Pond.  About a month ago, I saw another small fish.  Wow!  That was exciting, but we now had a total of 10 fish.  That's enough for the size of our Pond.  I would wait for the new small black fish to come out from under the rocks to eat.  Great entertainment for me..lol!  It's actually so relaxing to just sit by the Pond and watch the fish.  Very Zen.  While I was sitting there last week, I saw another little black fish.  Uh oh!  We now have to take steps to stop the population from exploding;  we now have 11 Koi.  

Last month while at the Koi store, I saw a tank full of tadpoles, and I was told that people buy them to keep the fish population from expanding.  They live in the Pond with the fish and eat any roe that the fish lay.

Sounds like a lot of fun to watch as well as relaxing and peaceful.    Now if only we didn't have some such horrible humidity and could you spend more time outside.    . 

Our neighbor has a Koi pond and in the past he used to have a guy come once a year to clean the pond.    He used to donate the "extras" to this guy as he would give them some of his new customers that were getting new ponds installed.     

They definitely have some frogs that hang around as I occasionally have one or two visit our yard and hear them but I immediately steer them back towards the neighbors house so our cats don't play or eat them.

• Like 3

Eric received a call today that a good friend since high school days passed away from kidney failure.   He was born with one kidney and didn't know this until he became very sick several years ago.   

He has been doing dialysis for 6 or 7 years while waiting for a kidney transplant.    We last him this winter and he was not well then but remained hopeful.    Dialysis for that many years definitely took a toll on his body.   He was so thin and pale when we last saw him.    Very sad as he once was a very fit person, was a Fireman for over 25 yrs as well as fitness fanatic that was in excellent shape.   

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric received a call today that a good friend since high school days passed away from kidney failure.   He was born with one kidney and didn't know this until he became very sick several years ago.   

He has been doing dialysis for 6 or 7 years while waiting for a kidney transplant.    We last him this winter and he was not well then but remained hopeful.    Dialysis for that many years definitely took a toll on his body.   He was so thin and pale when we last saw him.    Very sad as he once was a very fit person, was a Fireman for over 25 yrs as well as fitness fanatic that was in excellent shape.   

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

Give Eric a hug from me and let him know that I am very sorry for the loss of his very dear friend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

Sorry for the loss of Eric’s friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

I am so very sorry to hear of Eric's dear friend Bill passing away after so many years of being on dialysis.  So sad that he never got the chance of receiving a new kidney.  Rest in Peace, Bill.🙏

((Hugs)) to Eric.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

My condolences for Eric's friend Bill and to all his loving family and friends.

c03dfa23c5a7c9c9277fc7df775b006d.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday afternoon, I had just parked my car and I looked up and saw this lady heading my way.  Didn’t recognise her, so I started replying to a phone message.  Next thing, same lady was at my driver’s side door with her car key fob in her hand and trying to open my door.  I made eye contact and raised my eyebrows.  She was startled and then extremely apologetic.  Her car was parked directly behind mine.  Oops.  I will admit that I’ve done the same in a carpark but thankfully the car was empty at the time…

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

May Bill Rest in Peace🙏

Debbie this is one of those posts that I feel weird hitting the "like" button.  I am so sorry for the passing of Eric's friend, Bill.  May his memory be a blessing and may he rest in peace.

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yesterday afternoon, I had just parked my car and I looked up and saw this lady heading my way.  Didn’t recognise her, so I started replying to a phone message.  Next thing, same lady was at my driver’s side door with her car key fob in her hand and trying to open my door.  I made eye contact and raised my eyebrows.  She was startled and then extremely apologetic.  Her car was parked directly behind mine.  Oops.  I will admit that I’ve done the same in a carpark but thankfully the car was empty at the time…

One time in NY, I exited a bagel store, got into my van and got very confused since something was off.  The van I was sitting in was an exact copy of my van which was parked next to the one I was in.  I froze and quickly exited.  Can you imagine what would have happened if the owner came to his/her car?  Another reason to lock your car even if you intend to be gone a short time.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Eric says Thank you Everyone for sending their condolences.    

He phoned Bill's Son before Dinner and learned that Bill had been given a last minute hail mary opportunity to receive a kidney but had refused it as Doctor's weren't sure he would survive the surgery since his body / heart had become so weak.   He passed it up saying "give it to someone younger  "   He was only 63 yrs old.    We all broke into tears hearing that.  

Bill's Girlfriend is a nurse at the hospital where he died and everyone made sure he passed peacefully.

His Son will call the firehouse that he retired from tomorrow and let them know that if they want to be part of the service that would be great but Bill did not want a large funeral with all the "bells and whistles".     His Son is a volunteer Fireman at the same firehouse.   

Gloomy night here in our house (weather and mood).    

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Many years ago my wife parked near a takeout food place .I went inside and left with two large bags partially covering my eyes.I opened the car door ,sat down in the front passenger seat and of course it was not my car.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago my wife parked near a takeout food place .I went inside and left with two large bags partially covering my eyes.I opened the car door ,sat down in the front passenger seat and of course it was not my car.

Was anyone in the car?    If so, did they like the food you picked up?😁

• Haha 3

Quick trip this weekend to Santa Barbara CA for the celebration of life for my uncle.  

When I was 16, my aunt and uncle came up to Seattle from SB for a visit.  My uncle loved baseball, and bought tickets for a 3 game Angels/Mariners series for many of us up here (probably 15 family members total).  I didn't feel like going (probably because of a girl), so my dad told me that I had to tell Uncle Russ that I didn't want to go.  I got on the phone and told him, and after a short pause he said, "Larry, have you ever heard the old saying 'a promise made is a debt unpaid'?"  That's all he said, no lectures, no "dude, I paid for this ticket".  Of course, I ended up going.  And I can't count the number of times in the 40+ years since then that I've thought of him saying that.  Some life lessons are just that, and stay with you forever.  

Of course, with the sadness comes the chance to gather with all my cousins and their families and tell stories of the summer vacations of our youth down in SB.  Saying goodbye to a good man, but all in all a good weekend of family and happy memories.

• Like 22