Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you 😊 

We try not to say no. Life is quite tough with babies, toddlers and dogs plus work, so we try and help out as much as we can, plus of course it's means we get to build deep relationships with our grandkids. 

Unfortunately we haven't got a pet passport for Molly but we have a dog/house sitter who will look after her while we're away. 

Have a wonderful time on your Road Trip!  

My Mom was there for me with my girls, most especially when both twins had high fevers at 3 months old and cried nonstop.  I've driven up to Massachusetts and babysat weekly while my daughter was doing student teaching.  I have wonderful memories of baby Erin and I going for walks.  Baby Erin just became an RN this past week!  We are beyond excited as well as so very proud of her!!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Lunch today was at Wicked Tuna at the 2nd Avenue Pier. 

A tall Blue Moon

IMG_7977.thumb.jpeg.506e777db6bb3b594b5e6473ed96c9a8.jpeg

and a Shrimp Po’Boy for me.  

IMG_7979.thumb.jpeg.1afa7c163541746dc36f45cb7540ba89.jpeg

Granddaughter is learning some of my bad habits.  A Banana Pudding Cheesecake for her. 

IMG_7980.thumb.jpeg.9ecef7e220beceae918ccee25e144fb7.jpeg

Don’t remember what this sushi was, but my daughter says it was good.  

IMG_7978.thumb.jpeg.bd15a0f390773bdb4e12235e60da8615.jpeg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful time on your Road Trip!  

My Mom was there for me with my girls, most especially when both twins had high fevers at 3 months old and cried nonstop.  I've driven up to Massachusetts and babysat weekly while my daughter was doing student teaching.  I have wonderful memories of baby Erin and I going for walks.  Baby Erin just became an RN this past week!  We are beyond excited as well as so very proud of her!!!

Oh wow, twins and high fevers, you must of been at your wits end.

Isaac was born with bilateral club feet but the treatment at St Georges in London was fantastic and he's doing really well.  Just has to wear boots and braces at night now. More of a problem is his multiple allergies which makes us a little wary about giving him anything new or eating in cafes.   Most prepared foods seem to have one or other of his allergies. 

Family is everything and we woudn't want it any other way. To see our two year old g/sons eyes light up when we come into the house is worth all the gold in the world.

We both worked full time when our kids were small and it was a juggling act sorting out child care. We got a lot of help from my mum and I feel I'm just paying it back. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

This happened last weekend. 5 games and tourney champs. They all played great.  The second largest hit was by Owen with a triple to the fence.  That was until his teammate, right after, hit a home run.  First ever for our team. One of the dad’s said if Owen had hit a bit more right he might have had one too.  Would have been cool but it’s a group effort.

Edit to add, only wood bats at this age. 

image0.thumb.jpeg.a30c495ccb8b79247b5194595f644e60.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 24

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This happened last weekend. 5 games and tourney champs. They all played great.  The second largest hit was by Owen with a triple to the fence.  That was until his teammate, right after, hit a home run.  First ever for our team. One of the dad’s said if Owen had hit a bit more right he might have had one too.  Would have been cool but it’s a group effort.

Edit to add, wood bats at this age. 

image0.thumb.jpeg.a30c495ccb8b79247b5194595f644e60.jpeg

cm-chat-media-video-1:0296a85e-b63b-47ac-b249-9b5fe7bc79eb:8790:0:0.mov 7.91 MB · 0 downloads

Congrats!  LOVE going old school and using wood bats at that age.  I was one of two on our team who used them through high school.    

• Like 2

So what do you do after a weekend of ball, you play more ball.  Last night we played at a local diamond where the turf was from where the Toronto Blue Jays play. The turf they had played on. Somehow we pulled out another win, even with 4 players not available to pitch.

IMG_0073.thumb.jpeg.781145edce99ab0f2aa32f71eda038d2.jpeg

Each bull pen is the same. 

IMG_0075.thumb.jpeg.88ab20a5a69546593f17d1a144547e1c.jpeg

Owen and one of his coaches. 

IMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.4fdf1e2a9c37a0000e618b71c36089b3.jpeg

Really nice dugouts. 

IMG_0108.thumb.jpeg.5ae4405391ae6a4a48ad0b0e40635bab.jpeg

Bleachers a bit before first pitch. 

IMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.e35b02b51a299018afea37f0d18c6887.jpeg

Post game chat. 

IMG_0115.thumb.jpeg.edfeff62048a04bcf9aa69ad5d4ea0a3.jpeg

Owen wanted to be filmed so Lisa obliged.  He got another triple, with it rolling to the fence. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 18

Back from Maine, missed two weeks, but will start catching up tomorrow. 
meanwhile, a question:

if you park in the terminal at Pt Canaveral, do the porters take your luggage to your car?

We always park at ParkPortCanaveral, and the porters take our luggage to the bus. 
And  by the way, they are giving a 50% discount up till July 31 for cruises till June 2024. . Minimum 4 day cruise. 

• Like 4

Just an update (no need for well wishes or anything it's just part of life getting older) as Linda is now scheduled to have hand surgery Friday on her right thumb where she has no cartilage and severe arthritis. I guess they will cut a tendon in her arm and roll it up and use it as cartilage for her thumb. She will not be able to lift anything with that hand for 3 months. She should be ready to go for our October cruise. 

I meet with knee surgeon next week but I am very doubtful I can get a total knee replacement scheduled with enough time to rehab before our cruise. So I may have to get some more injections to tie me over until after. I'm in a lot of pain and it is tough walking now after the previous injections have worn off but hey I'm used to pain so I will grin and bear it.

Not looking for any sympathy or anything as I just like keeping my dear friends here updated on whats going on, since I will playing nurse to Linda. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am this Friday. That will be no fun.

Cheers!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just an update (no need for well wishes or anything it's just part of life getting older) as Linda is now scheduled to have hand surgery Friday on her right thumb where she has no cartilage and severe arthritis. I guess they will cut a tendon in her arm and roll it up and use it as cartilage for her thumb. She will not be able to lift anything with that hand for 3 months. She should be ready to go for our October cruise. 

I meet with knee surgeon next week but I am very doubtful I can get a total knee replacement scheduled with enough time to rehab before our cruise. So I may have to get some more injections to tie me over until after. I'm in a lot of pain and it is tough walking now after the previous injections have worn off but hey I'm used to pain so I will grin and bear it.

Not looking for any sympathy or anything as I just like keeping my dear friends here updated on whats going on, since I will playing nurse to Linda. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am this Friday. That will be no fun.

Cheers!

Wishing Linda the best of luck and a quick recovery from her surgery. As long as she can lift a glass by October….!  
I also hope you can get those extra injections to tide you over until then.  If not and you’re still having problems you know you can count on us for whatever you need! 

• Like 8

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

Wishing Linda the best of luck and a quick recovery from her surgery. As long as she can lift a glass by October….!  
I also hope you can get those extra injections to tide you over until then.  If not and you’re still having problems you know you can count on us for whatever you need! 

Thanks Deb! Just being on a ship in the Caribbean will be good therapy for us.

• Like 7

@A&L_Ont

Congratulations on Owens baseball skills. It means so much for our children to succeed  when the parents are there, it really boosts their spirits when they say “ Did you see that….   “
Also, as excellent parents you guys would not miss it for the world. 

@Sea Dog

First of all prayers for your wife, as she undergoes hand surgery.

Greg, I am glad you feel comfortable sharing your daily living events with us. 
This site got me through COVID, as a newly retiree. Especially so since the spouse is a Respiratory Therapist, and we lost so many of what we thought were friends. Guess they thought you could get it from a text message 

Take care. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sea Dog said:

@Lionesss Thanks Sue. I feel very comfortable sharing my life with my dear friends here. 

Yes so true. 
I am on that other social media site and probably post about 5 comments a month. Also I am administrator on 2 of our next three cruises. 

And let me tell you, we really need to be thankful of the respect and professionalism displayed here. 
There are about 7 posters that are just so rude and know everything. Well they do get it right about 10% of the time. 
If you state a fact that can be verified taking a picture and posting it, they will still contradict, or just be stupid. 
They look to cause conflict. 

Once again very thankful for what we share. 

One day, I’ll really catch up on the thread. 
But for now. 
Be safe

Take care

Prayers for all 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Luckynana  Congratulations to Erin.  I hope she enjoys her very first week as a RN

@A&L_Ont Congratulations to Owen & the team

@Sea Dog All the best to Linda   

@sgmn Love that Gary is following the road trip from a favourite movie.  Hope you share details of the trip when you return.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Yes so true. 
I am on that other social media site and probably post about 5 comments a month. Also I am administrator on 2 of our next three cruises. 

And let me tell you, we really need to be thankful of the respect and professionalism displayed here. 
There are about 7 posters that are just so rude and know everything. Well they do get it right about 10% of the time. 
If you state a fact that can be verified taking a picture and posting it, they will still contradict, or just be stupid. 
They look to cause conflict. 

Once again very thankful for what we share. 

One day, I’ll really catch up on the thread. 
But for now. 
Be safe

Take care

Prayers for all 

Totally agree. It’s amazing how well people can get along when respecting kindness. Being nice is the key.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1