Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel bad for the Chef not having sufficient prep space, etc.   

These passengers are so obnoxious.   I hope the Captain holds to what he said he is going to do at the very end of the show.

I agree. I can't believe the woman said this is her vacation and she is captain of the ship.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s not very exciting as it’s only one flower…hopefully someone can convert it, if you can’t watch it.

IMG_3863.MOV

Thank you for posting the video.  I saw there was actually a second flower opening behind the one in front.  It must be incredible when your dad's wall of plants blooms all at once.  

I tried to post a response to you earlier but my solar keyboard battery died.  Andy had to get me up and running again.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

Thank you for posting the video.  I saw there was actually a second flower opening behind the one in front.  It must be incredible when your dad's wall of plants blooms all at once.  

I tried to post a response to you earlier but my solar keyboard battery died.  Andy had to get me up and running again.  

6DEE7F4B-62F6-4001-87E1-62FE770F037B.thumb.jpeg.d565f1095d4729244a53ac6b7a4c6edc.jpeg

Some of the flowers that bloomed over two nights at dad’s friends garden.  29 first night and 53 second night.  Dad was too busy enjoying his  to think of taking photos but yes they covered an entire outdoor wall that he can see from his kitchen and looked spectacular too.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

6DEE7F4B-62F6-4001-87E1-62FE770F037B.thumb.jpeg.d565f1095d4729244a53ac6b7a4c6edc.jpeg

Some of the flowers that bloomed over two nights at dad’s friends garden.  29 first night and 53 second night.  Dad was too busy enjoying his  to think of taking photos but yes they covered an entire outdoor wall that he can see from his kitchen and looked spectacular too.

Wow.  I like that his plant seems to grow upright. The stems on mine get so long that they droop down towards the floor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

StanleyandGus long time no see, hope all is well

Everything is fine-  I was travelling, first to Scotland and then spent some time in Toronto with my younger son. Scotland was great- it was to see family, but lots of sightseeing got done!

I now have Thor, my older son’s German Shepherd with me, as his “Dad” is deployed for forest fire support in BC. We will probably have him for about 4- 6 weeks, unless it rains copiously!

It’s hard to keep up with this thread, so I will rejoin now! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

In 2006 I used the clone tool.  This time I mainly used the Remove tool.  It is found along with the Healing tools.  On one spot Content Aware Fill worked.  Any artifacts were easily cleaned up with the Remove tool.  

Thank you I learned something new today!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I prefer the old style reunions where everyone was in the same room.

I totally agree but I think it's hard to get everyone together as some have moved to other yachts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you I learned something new today!

Have you tried the Neural Filters yet?  There are several options.  I used colorized on the following black and white pic taken in the 50's of my older brother and sister.  It took about 5 or ten minutes to get it to look like this! Amazing to me.  I love the skin tone. Could of done better but it was a quick try.

8x10-2-BobSue.thumb.jpg.6a856e753433803d8667cb238f3b253b.jpg

• Like 16

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

ok, all, I've been asked by a couple of people whether I'll be doing a trip report from Istanbul, Cappadocia, Rome, Positano & Florence next month.  My questions to you guys are: 1) do people actually want this given that once again it's not a cruise 2) if so, should I do a semi live or a full report at the end like I used to do? 3) do I post from the Turkey port forum on cc?

I love as much as you have time to share.  Vicarious travelling is not quite as good as the real thing, but I enjoy it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have enjoyed photography for a long time.  I also have used Photoshop since the 90s to retouch.  I have been going through old pics which I may overshare.  In 2006 a friend wanted me to retouch some of the photos he took while visiting Cambodia.  Here is one of the originals.

1_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.ef9c2bbd595a36949a1f69346106abfc.jpeg

I wanted to surprise him by removing all the people from his temple picture.  Back then it was not an easy task but once started I would be determined to get it done.  It took hours to get it right.  Here was the finished product from 2006.

2_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.0713206e3b6fbd97e63b3788d536d37b.jpeg

I was curious how long it would take me with Photoshop now.  A reminder, a lot is new to me now so if I try this a few months from now it would probably take half the time but I spent about 30 minutes on the original today and this is how it came put.  So fun.

1_FAV100_0786Cambodiafinal.thumb.jpeg.cf3f29686c89b82249155879937d58ab.jpeg

That is amazing.  I love the way you have changed the sky too.  

My only experience of removing objects was when youngest was called to the bar and her boyfriend took photos.  He didn’t notice that besside her was one of those yellow slippery surface warnings that cleaners leave around.  I found a free app that did a bit of a removal job.  Nothing as smart at this.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you tried the Neural Filters yet?  There are several options.  I used colorized on the following black and white pic taken in the 50's of my older brother and sister.  It took about 5 or ten minutes to get it to look like this! Amazing to me.  I love the skin tone. Could of done better but it was a quick try.

Is this you John?   I definitely see family resemblance with this photo and Caden.

Yesterday, grandson and I headed to Keystone Safari while Susan concentrated on kicking Covid. 

Note to self, these camels will take a playful nip when feeding them. 

IMG_8145.thumb.jpeg.d56105b70e2f9cfdc7b20f614ef7171d.jpeg

IMG_8170.thumb.jpeg.a4b1cb9dcfe032375f4dd6d0b51ccdfa.jpeg

Grandson just finished feeding the giraffe.  You may just get your hand licked doing this. 

IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.5f40f44fa19ced77eb6e414e707035c9.jpeg

I never noticed these statues in the woods before. 

IMG_8151.thumb.jpeg.84d9ba87da463617e9ba7e8db358838f.jpeg

Reindeer loved the carrots 

IMG_8163.thumb.jpeg.6579796926197d3dc225c3b9291c3b63.jpeg

Another note to self.  Don’t go in the pen with a cup of food, unless you want to be jumped on by the animals. 

IMG_8171.thumb.jpeg.c8b96b4de20e8bf9db7ffacb586a8995.jpeg

We had a good outing, just the two of us.  

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 62°F and raining heavily here.

No rain for us, but I love our cooler mornings.  It is 65°, and I have had the doors and windows open to cool the house for the day.  Although it is supposed to get to mid 80’s today, our house will not get above 70 with all our tree cover.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

The Oasis TA is still pending. We’ve had so many unexpected expenses come up lately (insert me accidentally backing into the garage door 😬)!

That must be a thing this year (cars and garage doors).  My son was in a rush 3 months ago to load up and take my grandson to camp at school.  He left the rear trunk up on his Tesla X, and crushed the deck lid and garage door that was up at the time.  

Garage door is fixed, but he is still waiting on a new deck lid for his Tesla.  That is one expensive part.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You are way ahead of me but I want to experiment with this. I have a lot of old b&w family photos that this would be great for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

No rain for us, but I love our cooler mornings.  It is 65°, and I have had the doors and windows open to cool the house for the day.  Although it is supposed to get to mid 80’s today, our house will not get above 70 with all our tree cover.

Dallas should hit 108 today , pool water not that refreshing.

Edited by George C
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Has anyone seen @brillohead Debbi post lately?  I don't recall if she posts in here or on Bella's thread.  Hope all is well and that she is just busy with work.

Debbi, Brillo is doing fine.  She works night shift.  Example I texted to make sure its OK to post she is working and she responded at 3:38am.  I know her humor is still fine. I sent her a 2004  picture of my daughters eating cookies and she laughed and warned of games played.

Lakeside2004-152LighthouseCookies.jpg.aaf3125b4499c519a9b4162ad7703ef5.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I found a free app that did a bit of a removal job.  Nothing as smart at this.  

It's amazing some of the editing that can be done on a phone.  My Samsung editing have an erase feature that works great.