Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, derorim said:

Awww, poor little Miata.  I used to have a red one.  But I never drove with the top down and the windows up.  🙂  I did, however drive with the top down, windows down, and heat on.

While in high school, a friend of mine drove the two of us around in her new convertible, also with the top down windows down, and the heat on.😁

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have a great cruise @TravelGirlinDallas

I read you were having bad storms over on your end of the state, with flooding.   They say there were two or three people killed in the flooding. 

oh, that sausage with peppers and onions sounds good.  

Yes, very sad for those impacted about 10 minutes away from where we live.    They say we had approx. 6 to 7 inches of rain in a 45 minute period!    That's insane.   

Thank god we were home when it happened as we frequently travel the road near the creek where this happened.  Our neighborhood street had a steady stream of water rushing down it, never seen that much on our street.    our yard is saturated and it's been raining on and off all morning with heavy rains expected again this afternoon.     There is no where for all this water to go, everything is saturated.     Thank god we were home when it happened as we frequently travel the road near the creek where this happened.

3 or 4 cars swept away, 4 people dead and 3 missing people including a 2 yr old girl and a 9 month old baby (their vehicle was empty when they found it about 1.5 miles from where it was swept away from).    They have had over 100 people searching since last night.  🙏🙏🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm glad @TravelGirlinDallasBethany and family are missing our Sunday monsoon like torrential rain.  4% chance of rain in Galveston with sunny skies for the afternoon.  Sounds like it will be a nice sail-a-way.

We had almost no rain, lots of wind and dark skies.

We saw the new Tom Cruise mission impossible movie yesterday, very entertaining.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Lenny.  He is coming home today.  We are going to get him soon.

Excellent news!    Time for the Happy Dance.   I know he will be Very happy to be back home. 🥰 Hopefully traffic isn't too bad for your trip.    Good luck

Please let Charlie know that Eric and I are thinking about him and sending him happy thoughts and a big hug (from me anyway, Eric's usually not a guy hugger - LOL!).   (((((( ❤️))))))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

While in high school, a friend of mine drove the two of us around in her new convertible, also with the top down windows down, and the heat on.😁

I only had two friends in HS who drove cars and neither was a convertible.

• Haha 1

I was randomly trying to find something on tv to pass the time while i was checking my emails.  I found Joseph’s amazing technicolor dreamcoat (Donny Osmond was Joseph).   It reminded me of why this thread was started.  We used to have free streaming of plays and musicals to keep us entertained. Joseph was one of the shows i watched.   I loved this endeavor, but really such a long time ago.  How far we have come. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had almost no rain, lots of wind and dark skies.

We saw the new Tom Cruise mission impossible movie yesterday, very entertaining.

Seriously?  We had torrential heavy rain with lots of winds for approx. 20 minutes.  I'm approx. 17 minutes from where you are. I googled. 🤔

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Seriously?  We had torrential heavy rain with lots of winds for approx. 20 minutes.  I'm approx. 17 minutes from where you are. I googled. 🤔

Yes it was strange sky was dark for hours you could hear the thunder but almost no rain . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You really have to wonder about SW airlines open seating.  When it is just the two of us, it isn’t a problem. It can be a problem when a family is traveling with young children.  Evidently, they think it would be okay to seat a child over 6 with strangers.  Families with kids 6 or younger can board a little earlier.  

So when I checked in for our return flight, at the exact minute you could, we all got the dreaded “C” boarding group.  We paid the extra fee to upgrade to the A1-15 group, so we would be able to seat the kids with us.  

All 6 of us were on the same booking number, so you would think that we would all be grouped in sequence.  Wrong!   Somehow, SW put an extra kid between my daughter and her kids, and that kid’s mother was behind them.  Definitely a screwy system.  

Totally agree. I hate their cattle call boarding system. I like assigned seats.

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh my, when I read this I checked the weather at home and it must have been a doozy! Nice to have the rain, though. We spent the night at Brian’s parents’ house north of Houston. Headed to the port now!

Have a great cruise Bethany!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree. I hate their cattle call boarding system. I like assigned seating.

So do I which is why I prefer JetBlue when they are a viable option. JB's included internet doesn't hurt either.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been raining here since 9 AM.

The rain and non-stop tornado warnings/watches have been going all day long!  My DH has been trying to fly out of BOS all day.  His last shot at getting out of there is American in about an hour.  He sat on a plane for almost three hours before they had to go back to the gate because they had been out on the taxiway for too long.  Deplaned and didn't reboard as he wasn't going to make his connection.  Decided he was going to drive but then his TA finally picked up after a two hour hold and he got on a flight.  Of course, he was already in the Ted Williams tunnel, so he had to loop back to the airport and is back waiting.  If this flight doesn't go, he is coming home.  His 8am meeting isn't looking too good right now.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So do I which is why I prefer JetBlue when they are a viable option. JB's included internet doesn't hurt either.

We only have I think one flight out of KC on Jet Blue and it goes to Boston. I am hoping the Jet Blue will add more flights as I have heard good things about them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We only have I think one flight out of KC on Jet Blue and it goes to Boston. I am hoping the Jet Blue will add more flights as I have heard good things about them.

We fly first , I really was against spending the extra but at 6’4” with a bad knee the extra room is great , free drinks and no charge for luggage isn’t bad either . I rather travel less but go with first.

• Like 4

Just now, George C said:

We fly first , I really was against spending the extra but at 6’4” with a bad knee the extra room is great , free drinks and no charge for luggage isn’t bad either . I rather travel less but go with first.

I hope to some day. I wish we could afford first class. I am 5’7” and find even coach has hardly any leg room for me.

• Like 3