Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photos @Jimbo.  Definitely would be too cold for the WJ patio on your sailing.  The colors in your iceberg and sunset photos are gorgeous.

@sgmn  I think tonight and tomorrow are going to be a bit rocky.  Should sleep like babies.

Happy Anniversary!!

We are hoping our flight from Boston to Philly goes as planned.  I have to be back at work Monday morning.

Do you want to meet somewhere tomorrow?  Maybe diamond lounge in the morning?

That would be fab, how about 10am in DL or if that's crowded the VCL ? Just getting early morning coffee and Seas are quite big. It was really rocking last night, thought I would sleep better but I didn't 

I only have Internet till around 9.30. I've got a red tee shirt on and navy trousers 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@sgmn. Did you hear about the medical emergency yesterday on CocoCay?  A woman was evacuated by a sea plane near the jet ski area near Chill Island.

I saw the plane and said to Eric that must be an expensive excursion.  I had no idea it was a medical evacuation.

Oh no how awful

No I didn't hear about it or see the plane. Hope everyone is OK 

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

That would be fab, how about 10am in DL or if that's crowded the VCL ? Just getting early morning coffee and Seas are quite big. It was really rocking last night, thought I would sleep better but I didn't 

I only have Internet till around 9.30. I've got a red tee shirt on and navy trousers 

10 am sounds good.   

I'm wearing black shorts with a bedazzled flip flop tshirt

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 7:08 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Last night was the second to last of the hockey tryout games. One more tonight at 8, hours from home.

Football season begins today. It probably won't be a strong season, but it is what it is. Owen is game day dressed. 

IMG_9594.thumb.jpeg.404ede051e7f66cf7f68f88318eb86ee.jpeg

Has anyone ever told Owen that he resembles the Mets baseball player Bret Baty ?

We're back in town, and I see that I am 25 pages behind.  Jim and I had a nice time visiting my oldest sister in Scottsdale for 5 days.  Our flights both going to and coming from were good.  It helps that we sit on opposite aisle seats instead of being scrunched in middle seats like I was in last year🤨

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We're back in town, and I see that I am 25 pages behind.  Jim and I had a nice time visiting my oldest sister in Scottsdale for 5 days.  Our flights both going to and coming from were good.  It helps that we sit on opposite aisle seats instead of being scrunched in middle seats like I was in last year🤨

Welcome back ,glad that you had a nice time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome home!   Hope you had a great time visiting family.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 9:53 PM, mets07 said:

A few of my pics from Nuuk, Greenland today:

20230920_075946.thumb.jpg.969223d0d8619f9e78ebc24e123c6644.jpg

20230920_103606.thumb.jpg.9b190d62f17e3cfe53914df4743d6b51.jpg

20230920_135455.thumb.jpg.e7decfd2061f027551463879f4555858.jpg

20230920_114934.thumb.jpg.12c59df68073db93020b48632c98e5b6.jpg

20230920_114949.thumb.jpg.4eb37f2b2fc0038e111a21a714786c83.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!

On 9/20/2023 at 9:56 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you find relief soon.  It is hard to find a good Dentist.  Sending  best wishes for success with your extractions.

I was sad to hear our Dentist is retiring end of this year.

Ours also.  Not looking forward to his retirement, they always say come right in, we'll fit you in in emergencies.  Once he retires, I'll be looking into dentists in our area in NJ

On 9/21/2023 at 8:07 AM, Keksie said:

Sunrise this morning.

Resized_20230921_063146.thumb.jpeg.a78d26aa1b594f72b2fb92738925954a.jpeg

WOW!!!!  This actually looks like a watercolor painting to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

So a few pics of our cruise. Unfortunately we don't have an underwater camera so couldn't take any photos of the amazing underwater sea life were seen in Curaçao,  Bonaire and coco Cay 

On a Chinese junk to the underwater park in Bonaire 

20230918_080211.thumb.jpg.937074237ced7abe787166143ad39ee0.jpg

Gary surprised me with room decorations and Champers for our anniversary 

20230920_140319.thumb.jpg.c9c124ee5e399a9475b4524e606c167f.jpg

view from our room this morning 

20230922_073316.thumb.jpg.11b502f1d4b58159d6471f821e9b2989.jpg

Happy Anniversary, Sue and Gary!!💕🥂🎉💕

Please tell me about the underwater park in Bonaire?  Was this a cruise excursion, or privately booked?  I'll be there in March on the Beyond,

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sue and I finally met this morning in lounge.   Our guys were both sleeping due rough seas last night.   

She is a lovely person🥰  Wish we has met sooner but was really nice to meet today.  We chatted for a while.

Glad to hear you got to meet up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are hoping our flight from Boston to Philly goes as planned.  I have to be back at work Monday morning.

Safe travels tomorrow, Debbie and Eric!✈️

17 hours ago, mets07 said:

From Greenland today:

We took a long hike by this lake. See Jewel of the Seas in the far  distance. 

20230922_095247.thumb.jpg.bbaae80ccb156fd68e882d1519cb7f0e.jpg

20230922_093415.thumb.jpg.c097252ca264dafacd6f8a17b61c7510.jpg

Jewel...

20230922_132820.thumb.jpg.233e28fd21288902cdb7e1bb6b3de8f2.jpg

From the tender returning to ship...

20230922_151021.thumb.jpg.9664d35eeb6ede5a761b7815ebcc0aaa.jpg

Lovely pictures!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Welcome back ,glad that you had a nice time.

Thank you, Lenny!

53 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy you enjoyed your trip!  We always get aisle seats also.  Bathroom trips much easier!!

Thanks Marietta!  It certainly does make it easier😉

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome home!   Hope you had a great time visiting family.

Thank you, Debbie.  It was good to see everyone.  We were able to see 3 of my nieces and a nephew while there.  It's been an extremely long time since seeing everyone.

• Like 3

Say it ain’t so!!   @Sunshine3601 or @sgmn or @Jimbo, or anyone else sailing now.  Has Royal completely done away with the Apple blossom desert?   After they switched from that raisin filled apple pie to the Apple blossom, that was one of Susan’s favorite deserts.  She can’t eat anything with raisins in, because she is highly allergic to them.

Her sister and BIL are on Liberty this week, and she told her that was one of her favorites.  They haven’t seen it on their menu (not even the kid menu).  Sure enough, I pulled up their sailing on the app, and I don’t see it any night.  I also looked at our December Symphony sailing, and I don’t see it there either, although the menu wouldn’t be correct this far out.

I may have to sweet talk our waiters to bring some pie from JRs.  They have done that before when their pies had raisins, and JRs didn’t. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sue and I finally met this morning in lounge.   Our guys were both sleeping due rough seas last night.   

She is a lovely person🥰  Wish we has met sooner but was really nice to meet today.  We chatted for a while.

Ah, that's great that the two of you got to meet this morning!  I hope you all had a really great and memorable cruise.  Safe travels to the four of you tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Say it ain’t so!!   @Sunshine3601 or @sgmn or @Jimbo, or anyone else sailing now.  Has Royal completely done away with the Apple blossom desert?   After they switched from that raisin filled apple pie to the Apple blossom, that was one of Susan’s favorite deserts.  She can’t eat anything with raisins in, because she is highly allergic to them.

Her sister and BIL are on Liberty this week, and she told her that was one of her favorites.  They haven’t seen it on their menu (not even the kid menu).  Sure enough, I pulled up their sailing on the app, and I don’t see it any night.  I also looked at our December Symphony sailing, and I don’t see it there either, although the menu wouldn’t be correct this far out.

I may have to sweet talk our waiters to bring some pie from JRs.  They have done that before when their pies had raisins, and JRs didn’t. 

Food options on this ship aren't that great,we may not going back to the MDR the rest of the cruise.

Drinks are good though.

20230923_140806.jpg

20230923_134202.jpg

20230923_131915.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Apple Blossom has been available at lunch in the MDR.  It has also been seen in CK on most nights when we sailed Oasis.

• Like 5