Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/2/2023 at 1:21 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This is my favorite thing about Galveston. We didn't see them when we sailed Allure in July, though. I guess we weren't looking at the right time.

We used to see the dolphins every time after boarding in Galveston. The last few years, we haven't. I read a newspaper article a few years back questioning the decrease in numbers at/near the Galveston port. So happy to hear that some folks have seen them recently. I worry that industrial pollution, etc, might harm them.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

My cancer treatments are now complete.  Currently still not eating since my throat is still swollen shut, but that seems to going down quickly, I actually had some pudding by mouth this morning. And I actually able to talk a little.

My goal now to is to eat a complete meal by mouth. And get rid of the feeding tube in my stomach.

Sailing on 10/14 now is looking doable.

Which is also my 80th birthday. 

That is good to hear.  I hope you continue to improve.  

wishing you an early happy birthday on the 14th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

My cancer treatments are now complete.  Currently still not eating since my throat is still swollen shut, but that seems to going down quickly, I actually had some pudding by mouth this morning. And I actually able to talk a little.

My goal now to is to eat a complete meal by mouth. And get rid of the feeding tube in my stomach.

Great news!  What are your doctors saying about the outcome of the treatments?  I hope you're able to enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Fantastic news.  had not seen you post in a while and was wondering...

30 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thank you for the update and pleased to read that treatment is over and you are heading towards being able to eat a meal.  Best wishes for your upcoming  80th  birthday cruise.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Fantastic news.  had not seen you post in a while and was wondering...

I did get confused for a bit, had to call time out. but all is well now, definitely not sailing on 10/07.  Just had to be sure. Thanks for your help. Please cancel.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The charger that RC found and brought to us seems to be working.  It is a challenge with the control on the right side.  I have already ran over our Solo cruiser's toes and hit into some chairs.  Although I am not getting what I want I am content.   Life is better when we can be content.  It's a blessing just to get out on a cruise. 

We were hanging out in the Solarium hot tube where I met another person from the area I grew up in Ohio.  It was fun talking with him.  When I went to leave I couldn't get out of the Hot tube! My new friend and a couple more others came over and helped me out!  So many kind people. 

John, you are a wonderful example of turning lemons into lemonade.  Continue to enjoy your cruise with family and kind friends.

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Breakfast in the Windjammer. Was able to get my Corn Beef Hash. 

20231003_101934.thumb.jpg.60884aeae1084d9de8da9f0534e42b29.jpg

Be still my heart....LOX!!   BUT with cream cheese please 😋 That yellow stuff (cheese?) next to the eggs looks like a heart. 

59 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

We used to see the dolphins every time after boarding in Galveston. The last few years, we haven't. I read a newspaper article a few years back questioning the decrease in numbers at/near the Galveston port. So happy to hear that some folks have seen them recently. I worry that industrial pollution, etc, might harm them.

We saw dolphins in February in Galveston, always a delightful sight.  Hope you'll see them on your next cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

That's awesome news!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

John, you are a wonderful example of turning lemons into lemonade.  Continue to enjoy your cruise with family and kind friends.

Be still my heart....LOX!!   BUT with cream cheese please 😋 That yellow stuff (cheese?) next to the eggs looks like a heart. 

We saw dolphins in February in Galveston, always a delightful sight.  Hope you'll see them on your next cruise!

I am really looking forward to sailing from Galveston again next month, have not sailed from there in about 6 years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friends who are Yankee fans never liked Gerardi.

I liked Giriadi as a player. Always called a good game, including David Cone's perfect game. Known more for his defensive skills, he did have a few bit hits including the game-winning, World Series-clinching Game 6 in 1996 against one of the best pitchers at the time, Greg Maddux. 

As a manager, meh. It seemed like the first couple of years were good but he was too rigid and by-the-book. A pitcher could have a shutout but as soon as he reached the "magical" 100-pitch count, Giradi would always pull him out & turn it over to the bullpen. Blew more than a few games that way. Plus, it seemed like he was very uptight and I think that translated into a uptight clubhouse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I liked Giriadi as a player. Always called a good game, including David Cone's perfect game. Known more for his defensive skills, he did have a few bit hits including the game-winning, World Series-clinching Game 6 in 1996 against one of the best pitchers at the time, Greg Maddux. 

As a manager, meh. It seemed like the first couple of years were good but he was too rigid and by-the-book. A pitcher could have a shutout but as soon as he reached the "magical" 100-pitch count, Giradi would always pull him out & turn it over to the bullpen. Blew more than a few games that way. Plus, it seemed like he was very uptight and I think that translated into a uptight clubhouse.

Giriadi doesn’t drink , I don’t trust people who don’t drink 😁😁😁

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Most excellent news! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Giriadi doesn’t drink , I don’t trust people who don’t drink 😁😁😁

Coincidentally,  I was wearing this "Old Guys Rule" t-shirt the other day.  Not sure if John Wayne actually said that but it seems like he would. 

20231003_1931112.thumb.jpg.1e241e3caec175a6415d597b460e822f.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great to hear about the charger.  I am guessing that Sharon and your friends are giving you a wide berth when walking together.

I usually let them walk in front.   They are enjoying not having to push the transport chair/rollator.  I wish I had video of hitting the chairs out by the pool.   At least noone was in them.  I guess part of it was getting excited to get to the ice cream!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Awesome! sounds like things are on the right track now!

Today has been great.  After the Hot Tub I spent some time on the balcony while Sharon went shopping. 

image.thumb.png.5145a9e9d766595d002a14e20be8d92f.png

While hanging out they brought a snack by the room.

image.thumb.png.76e251075565ad7d51aa207ee8da4e4c.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I usually let them walk in front.   They are enjoying not having to push the transport chair/rollator.  I wish I had video of hitting the chairs out by the pool.   At least noone was in them.  I guess part of it was getting excited to get to the ice cream!

I have faith, by the end of the cruise you'll be fully ambidextrous.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

So happy for you that the treatments are done. Are you still planning on sailing with us on the 21st? I hope to see you.

• Like 2