Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Being the nosy gossip that I am, of course I'm interested in what/who you guys were debating 

Was it on the short-lived thread created by the pretend Pinnacle dude that was sharing WC info that he, uh, "re-purposed" from somewhere & someone else?

Nothing to do with that. 

Missing the parent of the puppy.   Must be hard to be away from pets and family for 274 days.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nothing to do with that. 

Missing the parent of the puppy.   Must be hard to be away from pets and family for 274 days.

Ah, gotcha.

And it depends. For some people, 274 days might not be enough if they don't like their family & pets. 🤣🤣

I kid.  The idea of sailing around the world is pretty cool,  not to mention the one time opportunity to visit many unique ports that Royal normally doesn't call on. Personally, I don't know if I could do it. In addition to missing friends, family & pets, I'd be missing my peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches on toasted white bread & can of Campbell's Chunky Soup by the 3rd week.

Plus, 9 months of whatever Sorrento-like pizza is on Serenade?  The horror! 😱😉😇

But then again, the opportunity to feel like what it's like to be Super Mario, if only for a short time is appealing too

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, gotcha.

And it depends. For some people, 274 days might not be enough if they don't like their family & pets. 🤣🤣

I kid.  The idea of sailing around the world is pretty cool,  not to mention the one time opportunity to visit many unique ports that Royal normally doesn't call on. Personally, I don't know if I could do it. In addition to missing friends, family & pets, I'd be missing my peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches on toasted white bread & can of Campbell's Chunky Soup by the 3rd week.

But then again, the opportunity to feel like what it's like to be Super Mario, if only for a short time is appealing too

When the WC was first announced.   Eric said to me "don't even think about it"  hard no for him.  

I would love to do it but feel I would miss too many comforts of home and tire of being onboard after 2 or 3 months.   

The longest we have been on ships is 2 separate cruises for just under a month each.   Both were on Serenade.

I would love to do the first 63 day segment.  Great itinerary, IMO.   But the job I started Jul 2022 cannot be done remotely.   Previous job we had remote option for 12+/- yrs.

PBJ is probably available onboard, just won't be the same as making at home.

I would miss grabbing a spoonful of ice cream in the middle of the night.😇

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Also, I've only briefly glanced at some of the WC threads so if there is drama happening over there, I'm missing it.  

*** heading over to them now ***  FOMO! 😄

Be prepared to tell them how much you paid for your car, house, BMW and how much is in your 401k🫣

• Haha 14

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear Jim had a good doctor's visit Maryann.

Thank you so much, Graham!🥰

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was born on December 12,1895.I have been thinking today about all the things he experienced in life such as seeing the first automobiles,airplanes,in home radios and televisions ,the first pandemic ,the First World War ,in home typewriters ,electric fans and likely many other things .He was born in Poland ,had a 4th.grade education ,arrived in the US in 1913.He retired in 1961 as President of a division of one of the largest American Labor Unions 

Awesome!!   Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, gotcha.

It is on my bucket list for my next life.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The idea of sailing around the world is pretty cool,  not to mention the one time opportunity to visit many unique ports that Royal normally doesn't call on. Personally, I don't know if I could do it. In addition to missing friends, family & pets, I'd be missing my peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches on toasted white bread & can of Campbell's Chunky Soup by the 3rd week.

Plus, 9 months of whatever Sorrento-like pizza is on Serenade?  The horror! 😱

I’ve just had to post an emergency supply of Vegemite to DD…..she was having withdrawals 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I would never consider a vacation for more than a couple of weeks if we had pets.

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When we did month long cruises that was the hardest part for me.   

My wife made me cancel our 4 days in NYC next week when our cat miraculously returned after being missing for 7 weeks....she didn't both of us to be away for even that long so soon (okay, I may not have put up much of a fight).

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

This was a couple of weeks ago at the lake house.  I was working on the Airstream getting it ready for our big trip in January.  I noticed out the window that there was juvenile bald eagle sitting on the tree right off our deck.  So, I shot a quick video. That tree limb is the favorite an adult bald eagle.  

IMG_5560.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Timmy is a beauty but wouldn't want those sharp nails on my car.

That's cute how Timmy stood between you watching.   Sad he was hit by a car.😪

LOL. Bill didn't want Timmy on his truck making scratches. (He is really picky about the cars) Early on, he went out and tried spraying him with the garden hose in mist mode...and Timmy made such god-awful shrieking, screaming and flapping noises that all of the nearby neighbors came out of their homes to see what animal was being tortured. 😄☺️ Bill was really embarrassed and turned off the water and slunk back inside. Timmy just shook himself off and looked smug. And stayed on the truck. 

We just gave up after that and he buffed any scratches out. He was a funny bird. ☺️

• Haha 11

And without further cluttering up the World Cruise thread, I would like to thank you all for your toilet advice! 😄(As odd as that sounds). With the best of intentions for frequent visits to the other house, we were tied up for some time with mom's cats and their medical issues. The first time it was Grey Kittyy and fluid therapy. We left the toilet lids down, and all of the toilets had nasty black mold in the bowls when we able to return in 8 months. And then the next time, we left the lids up, and didn't have the mold problem. And we don't seem to have an evaporation problem. Then Bobby was sick, so that was another 3 months. And they were kind of grungy. 

We went up in October, with every intention of going back in November. I left the faucet on drip, because we have a flat rate water bill, so the pipes won't freeze. Thankfully. And then car and more home renovation stuff happened. I don't know when we will get back up. 

But I am going to try putting a little bleach in them and maybe plastic wrap next time. I appreciate the information. ☺️

• Like 5

On 12/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, BonTexasNY said:

By now, I'm a Medicare expert.  Ask me anything.

Bonnie. I'm not Dave, but I have a couple of questions. May I ask why you chose Medigap Plan N, instead of G or even C, which provide more coverage? They include some out of the country care. 

And secondly, are you trying to switch from an Advantage Plan which usually includes your part D drug coverage? Medigap needs an individual Part D. Aren't you penalized by trying to add Part D at a later date? 

A friend had some questions, so I was just curious about the decision process. Thanks. 

Just catching up.☺️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Bonnie. I'm not Dave, but I have a couple of questions. May I ask why you chose Medigap Plan N, instead of G or even C, which provide more coverage? They include some out of the country care. 

And secondly, are you trying to switch from an Advantage Plan which usually includes your part D drug coverage? Medigap needs an individual Part D. Aren't you penalized by trying to add Part D at a later date? 

A friend had some questions, so I was just curious about the decision process. Thanks. 

Just catching up.☺️ 

Pretty obvious that politicians had their hand in designing the system as it now is.

• Like 5

On 12/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

I really enjoyed us doing it together.  Even though I really enjoy doing lives It's getting to be more of a challenge for me.  I am thankful and looking forward to the Icon live. @cruisinghawg agreed to get one started and others on the roll call will join in. There will be a lot of new stuff to cover.

There will definitely be a lot of us helping with the posting

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well the kittens have all gone to their forever homes.  They are settling in and taking over their respective homes.  Reba was spayed yesterday and is recovering I one of our bathrooms.  I am so happy that they all have good homes.

Those kittens were so cute, I know it must have been hard to part with them. But it's good you gave them a good start in life and could find nice homes for them.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, derorim said:

Those kittens were so cute, I know it must have been hard to part with them. But it's good you gave them a good start in life and could find nice homes for them.

They were cute.  It was hard but they were getting to be a handful at the end.  

• Like 7