Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our forecast for tonight. Hockey game at 9:30 tonight at the tip of the arrow. We live near the base of the arrow. Normally we’d be home by midnight. Heavy winds and snow are the call. Fingers crossed that the game is cancelled. 

Tomorrow I have to have my mom to the hospital at 7:30 for her hip surgery consultation. It’s going to be a long night and day for me.

IMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.acf713c4f93c342092efc48da17c9a0d.jpeg

Good luck. Even without the weather it would have been a long night & day. Hopefully the storm will shift & the snow fall will be far less. And tomorrows consultation will be quick with a warm, yummy breakfast afterwards, after a safe drive on clear roads.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it through the night.  I was worried about the basement but all good so far🤞. Still raining but warm.  Now we are dealing with the blood pressure issue again.  Charlie felt weak and had stomach issues.  He took his pressure and it was so low.  It goes high then low, no rhyme or reason.  I guess I should be happy with a dry basement🥴

Since you posted this 3 hours ago, I do hope that Charlie's BP is back to normal.

Good to hear that your basement is dry after all of this wind and rain.

We've gone from tropical outside to cold and more wind here.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our forecast for tonight. Hockey game at 9:30 tonight at the tip of the arrow. We live near the base of the arrow. Normally we’d be home by midnight. Heavy winds and snow are the call. Fingers crossed that the game is cancelled. 

Tomorrow I have to have my mom to the hospital at 7:30 for her hip surgery consultation. It’s going to be a long night and day for me.

IMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.acf713c4f93c342092efc48da17c9a0d.jpeg

9:30 tonight??  Are these games always this late?

I do hope Owen's game does get cancelled.  I hate going out at night when it's cold.  We have Ryan's Band Concert tomorrow evening, and his Wrestling match Wednesday night.  Luckily for us, the school is just around the corner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

62 degrees just outside of Boston right now too. This storm is really tropical. If it was a classic winter storm, we would be buried in snow. No white Christmas up here this year. 

MSC Meraviglia was re routed up north from NYC, It's  in Boston right now for 2 days. So is it great right now there for touring?

Their  ship was suppose to go south on a BAHAMAS cruise. I'm betting they are not liking going North!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

9:30 tonight??  Are these games always this late?

I do hope Owen's game does get cancelled.  I hate going out at night when it's cold.  We have Ryan's Band Concert tomorrow evening, and his Wrestling match Wednesday night.  Luckily for us, the school is just around the corner.

It's ice time thing I'm sure All kids can't have the early ice times. Availability issues for all leagues and ages I'm sure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

MSC Meraviglia was re routed up north from NYC, It's  in Boston right now for 2 days. So is it great right now there for touring?

Their  ship was suppose to go south on a BAHAMAS cruise. I'm betting they are not liking going North!

I love leaving from New York City but not in December, my MSc December cruise will leave from Miami 😁😁

• Like 4

We're having great weather here in the Dallas area.  Mid 60s, bright, beautiful sunshine, no rain.  Seems so much warmer here than when the temp was the same in NY.  No jacket needed here, just a long sleeve shirt. 

@DaniDanielle Glad Charlie's bp has stabilized.  

@lenquixote66 Lenny, hope your bp has also stabilized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wind and rain has finally died down in the last half hour or so. I ran out to do a few errands earlier, lots of flooded intersections and small tree branches down but nothing too bad.  We never lost power and hoping it stays that way 🤞.  My daughter in the next town over had her front storm door torn right off the house, it’s laying on her front steps.  Our daughter up in Mass had a few sections of vinyl siding torn off their house.  I hate to think if this had been a snow event!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That’s too bad. I keep checking the outage map for updates and our restoration time keeps getting pushed out. I hope they get to her issue soon. My Mom up in NH is out too. 

I sure hope it gets turned back on soon.  Your poor Mom!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The wind and rain has finally died down in the last half hour or so. I ran out to do a few errands earlier, lots of flooded intersections and small tree branches down but nothing too bad.  We never lost power and hoping it stays that way 🤞.  My daughter in the next town over had her front storm door torn right off the house, it’s laying on her front steps.  Our daughter up in Mass had a few sections of vinyl siding torn off their house.  I hate to think if this had been a snow event!

I'm always afraid of the storm door getting torn off during wind storms on our front door, as well as one of the doors to our 3 Season room.  The door on the 3 Season room has to be pulled shut all of the time, and that isn't always done around here.🤔

Both of your daughters really got hit hard between the storm door coming off on one house, and the vinyl siding being torn off on your other daughters home.  How is your pregnant daughter feeling?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I sure hope it gets turned back on soon.  Your poor Mom!

My Mom got hers back about a half hour ago, thankfully. I told her to get her dinner together just in case it goes out again. She keeps her house ridiculously warm, so with the mild temperature today, she was okay. I couldn’t get her and bring her here because we are still out and my house us only 63 right now.  If it was still out in the morning, I was going to take her out of there, likely to my sisters since she has a whole house generator.  My DH is on his way home from work and we will go out to eat and charge devices.  Our most recent estimated restoration time has come and gone and now status is “reassessing repairs”.  Time will tell, nothing we can do.  Others have it much worse than us, at least we have no damage as far as I can tell. Just a little water that I have dealt with.  🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm always afraid of the storm door getting torn off during wind storms on our front door, as well as one of the doors to our 3 Season room.  The door on the 3 Season room has to be pulled shut all of the time, and that isn't always done around here.🤔

Both of your daughters really got hit hard between the storm door coming off on one house, and the vinyl siding being torn off on your other daughters home.  How is your pregnant daughter feeling?

Jessica feels great now that she has passed the 12 week point, thanks for asking Maryann.  We were very excited to learn recently that they are having a boy!  Both were convinced it was going to be another girl.  

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Jessica feels great now that she has passed the 12 week point, thanks for asking Maryann.  We were very excited to learn recently that they are having a boy!  Both were convinced it was going to be another girl.  

Congratulations Deb and Andy!  How very exciting!  Will this be your 3rd grandson?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're having great weather here in the Dallas area.  Mid 60s, bright, beautiful sunshine, no rain.  Seems so much warmer here than when the temp was the same in NY.  No jacket needed here, just a long sleeve shirt. 

@DaniDanielle Glad Charlie's bp has stabilized.  

@lenquixote66 Lenny, hope your bp has also stabilized.

Thanks,Bonnie