Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Indeed. Lindt is in fact my favorite. I like to keep a little in the cubby for those special times 🙂

Lindt is made in the US now and just doesn’t seem to be as good. I would get something different if I went to Switzerland, not something I can buy here in BJ’s. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

The Wall Street Journal has an article in today’s paper about post-museum meals.  It mentions the Bemelmans Bar at the Carlyle hotel. “ It’s a nice place to have a martini, listen to some music and talk to a friend “.  If I’m remembering correctly it is where Woody Allen used to play the clarinet.  

Yes they get lots of great musicians, Herb Albert and his wife played there a year or two ago , extremely small place holds about 150 and not cheap. 

Just got back from the movies watched a extremely funny spy spoof with a fantastic cast Argyle , also has a cute cat in cast, highly recommend.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Lindt is made in the US now and just doesn’t seem to be as good. I would get something different if I went to Switzerland, not something I can buy here in BJ’s. 

Just checked and mine still say Made in Switzerland and are delicious. Hope this doesn’t change but I’m sure I could find a decent replacement 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should have told you from the beginning what was going on. Lying and setting expectations that can't be met is what causes ill will. I bet if they had been honest about the situation from the beginning we might have never heard that there was ever a problem. 

Honesty is always the best policy.    They were probably searching all over the ship for more cords and finally someone found one.   Maybe they unplugged a speaker😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Just checked and mine still say Made in Switzerland and are delicious. Hope this doesn’t change but I’m sure I could find a decent replacement 

They are headquartered in Stratham, New Hampshire. I drive by the entrance quite frequently on the way to my Mom’s house. They used to have a factory store in the plant with chocolate seconds, like empty truffle shells or broken bars etc. I think we just had too much of it. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Winter here in Berks County, PA

Winter here too, but not enough to make hearty campers break down their tent. 

IMG_0670.jpeg.5d59b47818a113ec43c15266363b6fe5.jpeg

Only got about 3” of snow. 

IMG_0671.thumb.jpeg.50a05b12084c2c6258a375b6ad41fd3c.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 16

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They are headquartered in Stratham, New Hampshire. I drive by the entrance quite frequently on the way to my Mom’s house. They used to have a factory store in the plant with chocolate seconds, like empty truffle shells or broken bars etc. I think we just had too much of it. 🙂

Exactly, I was just looking it up.  My cousin took my mother and me there once . I must have bought too many because my mom gave me the look. 

If I were in Switzerland, I would try the many chocolate shops with their wonderful displays.  I still remember decades later Dallmeyers in Munich .  Germany makes great chocolates , too. 

• Like 3

I am looking for some advice.  My Dentist that I went to for many years retired last year and the guy that bought his practice is nice but also seems to be focused on selling extras.   

I do not have any issues with my teeth or gums.  In fact I have never had a cavity and the previous Dentist prior to retiring told me to just keep up with what I am doing as I have great teeth.     

The new Dentist scheduled me this Tuesday for a deep clean (as preventive maintenance) which I understand can be rather invasive of gums.   They set up two (2) separate appointments 2 weeks apart so he can do one side of the mouth then other side so I won't have discomfort from doing the whole mouth at once.    

I am a bit nervous about doing this deep clean.   Has anyone ever had one?    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am looking for some advice.  My Dentist that I went to for many years retired last year and the guy that bought his practice is nice but also seems to be focused on selling extras.   

I do not have any issues with my teeth or gums.  In fact I have never had a cavity and the previous Dentist prior to retiring told me to just keep up with what I am doing as I have great teeth.     

The new Dentist scheduled me this Tuesday for a deep clean (as preventive maintenance) which I understand can be rather invasive of gums.   They set up two (2) separate appointments 2 weeks apart so he can do one side of the mouth then other side so I won't have discomfort from doing the whole mouth at once.    

Last Friday in fact . My dentist also sold his practice and the new guy’s hygienist told me I needed a deep cleaning.  She scheduled two appointments.  When, I showed up up I told her to do both sides of my mouth at once . She would have to check with my insurance. She did both at once and also laser treatment to kill bacteria. Don’t they have amoxicillin for that ? Nobody’s ever asked that , she replied. Upsell ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should have told you from the beginning what was going on. Lying and setting expectations that can't be met is what causes ill will. I bet if they had been honest about the situation from the beginning we might have never heard that there was ever a problem. 

Absolutely, had I been informed I’d have been more patient. As it was it seemed I was getting the run around. Thankfully it is resolved. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

it affected both teams and there was no blame associated with it to either team. The kickers are not allowed to warm up with game balls where they could have noticed it. Both kickers on each team missed field goals and the problem was fixed by the second half not affecting the outcome. No conspiracy here.

I learned something new today.  I hadn’t heard of this, but it seems to have worked out in the end. 

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a very bad opinions on dentists. My last dentist was always trying to have me have extras. At one point he thought I needed a crown. I went to another dentist who said it was not necessary. The deep cleaning is not that bad and could maybe help. I’d be weary. May be time to try and find a dentist that will care for you not them.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Last Friday in fact . My dentist also sold his practice and the new guy’s hygienist told me I needed a deep cleaning.  She scheduled two appointments.  When, I showed up up I told her to do both sides of my mouth at once . She would have to check with my insurance. She did both at once and also laser treatment to kill bacteria. Don’t they have amoxicillin for that ? Nobody’s ever asked that , she replied. Upsell ? 

Was it painful?    Would you do again?    

I'm unsure whether I want to keep my appointments or is this all an upsell for the new guy just starting out?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

She did both at once and also laser treatment to kill bacteria. Don’t they have amoxicillin for that ? Nobody’s ever asked that , she replied. Upsell ? 

Isn’t one’s mouth always creating bacteria?  If that is the case shouldn’t this be done once a day?  After reading about it just now, maybe there is something to it. 

Still feels like the upsell of nitrogen in car tires VS regular tire pump air. 

• Like 3

So quick pivot on our pre-cruise vacation plans, an advantage of driving vs flying.  The weather doesn’t look great for Anna Maria Island. Rain our first day, then highs of 68 and 70.  Not really beach weather.  So instead, after Jacksonville Beach we’re headed to the Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood Beach over on the east coast and just far enough south for some warmer temperatures.  
@h20skibum we’re hoping to try out the Rustic Inn you often mention and will also look for some other spots in Ft Lauderdale or maybe head down to Miami/Miami Beach.  

• Like 10

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Was it painful?    Would you did again?    

I'm unsure whether I want to keep my appointments or is this all an upsell for the new guy just starting out?

It was the second time that I’ve had this procedure. I’m way older than you are . Your gums are sore and slightly swollen depending on the how much work they have to do.  She gave me instructions on how to brush my teeth , salt rinse and over the counter meds . The laser treatment I could smell burning flesh .   

It is nothing to stay away from , my friend had no discomfort at all. It is a hit on the wallet, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Was it painful?    Would you do again?    

Ask for a cost estimate up front too in case this is something your insurance won’t cover and may be 100% your own cost

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

we’re hoping to try out the Rustic Inn you often mention and will also look for some other spots in Ft Lauderdale or maybe head down to Miami/Miami Beach

If you have never been to Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlor, it is worth the trip.  Portions are huge.  Just do a search for it.  It is listed in Dania Beach, but I think it is part of the Hollywood area.  

• Thanks 1