Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Been there done that.  Definitely a drinking moment for sure.  At least you didn't loan the government money all year.  😒

It would be nice if they would let me keep a bit of what I work for.🙄🤨

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It would be nice if they would let me keep a bit of what I work for.🙄🤨

I just want to be able to use the "kids" as deductions.  Lol.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I’m sitting on a plane to FLL and board the Celebrity Equinox to Lisbon.  Hope we cruise together before too long.  Take care, this too will pass. Hugs.

Have a great time on Equinox!

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

My husband visited Long Beach on business quite a few times before we moved to Santa Clarita in 2006 . I would go with him often . We cruised out of San Pedro in 2023 and believe me or not you are going to be bored staying in San Pedro . The Tiki bar Dave referenced is within walking distance of the Long Beach Westin which @Jimbo has also mentioned.  Laguna Beach is very nice and with a rental car should not be a problem. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton .  

This October , we are staying one night at the Crowne Plaza . Last year , we stayed at the Doubletree. It’s because , we’ve been there , done that.  I’m sure , you have your itinerary planned and know what you want to do. 

This being our first time cruising out of LA I’m sure we will learn a lot. Nervous about renting a car and driving in LA especially if we go to some Tiki Bars. I’ll look at Westin and maybe we will change our reservations. We figured one day we would take a tour of the Queen Mary or tour the USS Iowa.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Those scheduling people at Southwest have been busy trying to annoy me.  

Yesterday, they made two changes to our flight to San Francisco.  The first change, they moved our departure time up by about 10 minutes.  I thought, ok, I can live with that.  Then, about 2 hours later, they send this.  

IMG_0936.thumb.jpeg.2f1e41b5aee8aa9d9bbec90627d1fe97.jpeg

New times, new plane, new flight!  So now, instead of a change in Chicago, we have one in Denver.  And that new departure time got moved to 5am, which would mean getting up at 2am to be ready for a drive to the airport.  Not happening, so we booked a hotel at the airport.  

Now, I wake up this morning to see that our flights to and from Myrtle Beach this summer were changed. Differences of 10 minutes to 1.5 hours.  Can’t wait to see if they change again later today. 

I am fairly confident they will change our flights to and from our Utopia cruise. 

Maybe they are reshuffling the fleet to find planes that haven’t had parts fall off. 

Boy that’s frustrating. I would hate those times.

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do make quarterly payments. Let's just say my estimates were "slightly" off last year. Very untypical of me.🙄😑😢🤧

I feel your pain. We are paying more this year because of Linda’s freelance legal work. 

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We figured one day we would take a tour of the Queen Mary or tour the USS Iowa.

I'd love to tour the QM. Back when Iowa was still in service I got to spend a day aboard with a friend who was a corpsman on the ship. I got to see and crawl through some of the coolest places. I'll never forget that day.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd love to tour the QM. Back when Iowa was still in service I got to spend a day aboard with a friend who was a corpsman on the ship. I got to see and crawl through some of the coolest places. I'll never forget that day.

Yes I am torn between which one to tour. Maybe Iowa first as I’ve have never been on a Navy warship. Maybe tour the QM on our next visit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I am torn between which one to tour. Maybe Iowa first as I’ve have never been on a Navy warship. Maybe tour the QM on our next visit.

If the Iowa is anything like the USS Alabama I would tour it first. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

My husband visited Long Beach on business quite a few times before we moved to Santa Clarita in 2006 . I would go with him often . We cruised out of San Pedro in 2023 and believe me or not you are going to be bored staying in San Pedro . The Tiki bar Dave referenced is within walking distance of the Long Beach Westin which @Jimbo has also mentioned.  Laguna Beach is very nice and with a rental car should not be a problem. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton .  

This October , we are staying one night at the Crowne Plaza . Last year , we stayed at the Doubletree. It’s because , we’ve been there , done that.  I’m sure , you have your itinerary planned and know what you want to do. 

Agree 100%   stay in Long Beach, much nicer area. No need for a rental car when you can just Uber everywhere you want to go that is not in walking distance.

I wouldn't bother with a rental car, that is for sure.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time on Equinox!

This being our first time cruising out of LA I’m sure we will learn a lot. Nervous about renting a car and driving in LA especially if we go to some Tiki Bars. I’ll look at Westin and maybe we will change our reservations. We figured one day we would take a tour of the Queen Mary or tour the USS Iowa.

I feel your pain. We are paying more this year because of Linda’s freelance legal work. 

We have stayed at the Westin in Long Beach. Long long time ago. There was a bus/shuttle across the road that took you to other places. I also remember walking everywhere.

And have also stayed at Crown Plaza in San Pedro. It was OK hotel for a night. Quite walkable to restaurants across. Would have picked the DT but read that it is a bit remote and would need a car. I don't know if it has been developed more now. We were there in 2016.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Great minds, etc. Waited a day to see the reviews....

image.thumb.jpeg.3f23b08cca0deb4ef8259266c95eede2.jpeg

I’ve just started this series and having a little trouble getting into it, but sticking with it in the hope it hooks me at some point.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We have stayed at the Westin in Long Beach. Long long time ago. There was a bus/shuttle across the road that took you to other places. I also remember walking everywhere.

And have also stayed at Crown Plaza in San Pedro. It was OK hotel for a night. Quite walkable to restaurants across. Would have picked the DT but read that it is a bit remote and would need a car. I don't know if it has been developed more now. We were there in 2016.

Would love to but after seeing the price tag at over $1400 for two nights I think we will need to stay at the Double Tree at $485 for two nights.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Would love to but after seeing the price tag at over $1400 for two nights I think we will need to stay at the Double Tree at $485 for two nights.

😱 OMG $1400!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

😱 OMG $1400!!!!!

I will check off and on before our sailing but I knew it would be more expensive than the Double Tree but not that much.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So yesterday, our youngest grandchild, William, became a teenager, since he celebrated his 13th Birthday!🎈

Happy Birthday to William, your newest teen grandson.  May all his birthday wishes come true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Great minds, etc. Waited a day to see the reviews....

image.thumb.jpeg.3f23b08cca0deb4ef8259266c95eede2.jpeg

I was surprised how quickly I got it.  I put a reserve on it when it showed up on our library website.  The next day they called and said it was ready for pickup.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi Lenny.  I watched the entire series with my son.  We loved it. I loved all the 80s references. Honestly, hard to say if you would like it or not.

I added it to my shows to watch bucket list.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we watched the series.  I would recommend you check it out.  Not for everyone but you may enjoy.

I just posted to our Australian friend that I added it to my movie/series bucket list.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So yesterday, our youngest grandchild, William, became a teenager, since he celebrated his 13th Birthday!🎈

Happy Birthday to William.Do you remember when you were 13 ?

When I was 13 I began traveling by subway to Coney Island and Manhattan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1