Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The girls were initially wary…the wheelchair, the cast…the angst.  But things have returned to normal.  Minnie thinks the new chair is for her since they match perfectly!

IMG_6005.thumb.jpeg.aa71c00875b197d8d973c4c5e15794ca.jpeg

And my sweet Diana…

IMG_6006.thumb.jpeg.9e1e1d60a091fa7863c2d8ce7a21a163.jpeg

Isn't it amazing how pets know when you aren't feeling well?  And if your cats are anything like cats that we've had, Minnie doesn't just THINK that the new chair is for her, she knows it beyond a shadow of a doubt.  I hope that you heal quickly.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some pictures of the Emporium Marketplace.  Even here ygey have subdivided the searing into may different areas to it does not feel as busy. 

The tables are always set with napkins, cutlery, salt and pepper grinders and water glasses.  Have a seat and a host will be by in minutes to take your drink order and it's there waiting by the time you get back with your food. 

Wait a minute.... did you say PEPPER GRINDERS??? ON EVERY TABLE???

RCL could take notes and learn a thing or 2 😉

BTW, Thanks for your pics.  This ship looks great.

dp

• Like 4

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The girls were initially wary…the wheelchair, the cast…the angst.  But things have returned to normal.  Minnie thinks the new chair is for her since they match perfectly!

IMG_6005.thumb.jpeg.aa71c00875b197d8d973c4c5e15794ca.jpeg

And my sweet Diana…

IMG_6006.thumb.jpeg.9e1e1d60a091fa7863c2d8ce7a21a163.jpeg

Glad to see you made it home safely and you are being taken care of by all.  Hoping you can in to see a Dr soon and get through all this.

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is that the Love Course at Barefoot Resort?  Fun course.  I've had to chip sideways with my ball right up against the ruins. 😬

Yes it is, notice the heart shaped bunkers.  DH said he picked that one special to show his love for mothers day, I just laughed.  I don't keep score when I golf and will pick up a ball if I dont like where it is although that is getting more rare to have to do that. One of these days soon I will have to start.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Jimbo  We just returned from a trip to Spain. We originally were going to do the TA on Oasis and then spend 6 nights on land. We got an incredible deal on the TA but we ended up cancelling bc it was just too many days away from home. So instead of about 20 nights away we were away 12 and saw a lot more of Spain. We decided that for now, in this stage of life, we won't do cruises in Europe and will do only land based. One exception would be Croatia--we did that in the fall with Azamara and it was amazing and in 9 days we saw so much more than we would have in a land based trip. We drove a car for the first half of this trip when we were in smaller towns/cities and then dropped off car and did Barcelona and Madrid via train. We have found trains in Europe to be very easy. It seems like you do a lot of road trips at home, so not sure if you'd want to think about doing Europe that way as well--we've used trains only on our trips to Norway and Italy and now did half of Spain but realized we could have done all of our trip just with trains except for one rural location. We have used Rick Steves guides for day tour in Italy and use his guides for our own touring. Another tour group we have known people to use is Trafalgar. My only slight reservation with a Rick Steves full tour would be the accommodations--we stay in simple places on our own often but prefer to pick those out on our own. And definitely pack as light as possible and try to do laundry--there is a lot of lugging the bags around unless you are doing a very high end tour. Last year the train to Lake Como was a nightmare with larger bags and we'll only do the carry on size bags and back pack from now on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Day 10- 4/18/2024- Hakodate, Japan

A view of the city.  You can see our ship.

IMG_4059.thumb.jpeg.1a1c81227d7ba8213b6a9fc6b866f756.jpeg

This whole time in Japan, this is the first time that I have seen a church.  

IMG_4063.thumb.jpeg.b0695e0321021aa11158e3ddc68cf77b.jpeg

Onuma Park- known for its picturesque, island dotted lakes surrounded by birch and maple forests and the majestic volcano, Mt. Komagatake.

IMG_4067.thumb.jpeg.863e76bc353499a66c3ddd30985321b1.jpeg

IMG_4069.thumb.jpeg.7d432774e985cff0dbd211832691368b.jpeg

IMG_4071.thumb.jpeg.6b5d3f2a6b6be5a6fdc9ae7c83656181.jpeg

The pictures of the lake are gorgeous, Helen.  Especially the first two.  If they were mine, I'd probably get them printed on canvas.

Did you see what denomination the Church is?

Lots of rabbits and bunnies in our area , couple live in my backyard, my sister has a more interesting animals she saw a mother mountain lion and two cubs playing together, she has a perfect view of the mountains in the Denver area.

image.thumb.jpeg.c7181505071fba629f108636d04ca4c1.jpeg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Rh negative antibodies. 

I am Rh negative. O-     I wonder if they don't give it to the men because women who have RH negative have been given the Rhogam shot?  I was given the shot both times after delivering, and a shot after my miscarriage (I understand that I was given the Rhogam shot after my miscarriage, in case I got pregnant again)

• Like 4

Which cousin has a better behind?

Good morning from Coco Cay. Two biggies on the island. No crowding. Plenty of loungers. The only blaring music on the island that I am hearing is coming from the Wonder aqua show rehearsal going on. Reminds me of our discussions of noise levels in shows, some while back.

20240513_105029.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I didn't want the full force of a large jet so I decided to try it with a private jet taking off.  I realized later that the engines on a private jet are often as powerful as full sized commercial jets.  The force immediately knocked me off the rock that I was standing on. Hat blown into the water, sunglasses nearly so.  I was sacrificing everything else but making sure that I held onto the DSLR around my neck.  Glad I did it, definitely won't be doing it again. 

I held onto the fence across the street even though there was a sign telling us that it was forbidden.  But there were a few others doing the same so being the lemming that I am......

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Lots of rabbits and bunnies in our area , couple live in my backyard, my sister has a more interesting animals she saw a mother mountain lion and two cubs playing together, she has a perfect view of the mountains in the Denver area.

Yesterday I thought I saw a fox running across my neighbors yard.  Reddish/orange color, long bushy tail sticking straight back. Tail was almost the length of the animal. It was middle of the day & he kinda scurried trying to get out of sight as soon as possible.

But I've seen foxes in the past and this one much taller. Very tall, almost the size of a German Shepard.  I know we have coyotes in the area as I've heard them yipping at night from nearby woods. Do coyotes come in red? I always thought their tails stick straight down. Is there such a thing as a fox/coyote hybrid?

Either way, I haven't seen a rabbit in my yard in years.   I've searched for a picture & this is the best I can some up with. About this size but more reddish/rusty color and tail sticking straight back and a bit longer.

coyote-4-768x512.jpg.0b55512f6708525ce399ba735662a4d1.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Which cousin has a better behind?

20240513_105029.jpg

The Beyond!

I love Oasis-class but all the beauty is on the inside. For outside, they look ungainly. Like an apartment building propped onto a barge.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 5/11/2024 at 2:53 PM, Tree_skier said:

Do you buy your wife a present for Mother's Day?

My husband always gives me a gift, and he also takes our 13yo shopping to choose a gift. Even though I am not HIS mother, I am the mother of his child, and he appreciates that. I have always done the same for him for Father's Day. ♥️

As for accumulating "things", our gifts these days to each other are often either consumables (nice chocolate/coffee, etc) or experiences. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, George C said:

Nice pool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

OB no toes to compare yet. Just sneakers. Let's see your pink sneakers! 🤣

20240513_111601.jpg

I do not own a pair of pink sneakers. These will have to make due.

20240513_121941.thumb.jpg.d4ed182d902c0f41cc0be8222d143bfa.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

40 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Beyond!

I love Oasis-class but all the beauty is on the inside. For outside, they look ungainly. Like an apartment building propped onto a barge.

Too bad Beyond has the scaffolding attached to the side.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I held onto the fence across the street even though there was a sign telling us that it was forbidden.  But there were a few others doing the same so being the lemming that I am......

Surfing the fence!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, Amazon, Wayfair, QVC among others.  Let your fingers do the walking.

Even though I post on here and send an occasional e-mail the keys on my computer and iPad are very difficult for me to use because I have Dupuytren’s Contracture.Talking on a phone or voice talking on line is very difficult because of hand and face tremors.Speakerfone is also difficult because I slur my speech and my words do not always come our clear.My Stage 4 Parkinsons is now nearly Stage 5 and everything is getting worse.That is why I am not on line as much as I used to be.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you to all who posted kind thoughts. @Arzeena Thank you for your input. I wish you Bon Voyage!

Hoping you post your thoughts here about the Beyond as it is one of the relatively new ships in the Celebrity fleet.

Just sharing some cruise news too !

DH and I have been wanting to take a cruise from NYC to Quebec this Fall. I searched most of the usual cruise lines including RCL and found that most are going out of Boston which required round trip airfare to Boston and an overnight hotel stay. Then, I found that Cunard has a round trip NYC to Quebec with an overnight in Quebec!

We booked the cruise on the QM2 early this AM.

So looking forward to this!

We did a transatlantic on the QE2 in 2001. We are familiar with the Cunard way of cruising, although they have made changes in the cruise style since 23 (!) years ago.

The ship stops in Portland ME, so we can visit our niece   who lives there.

Now I need to look at my "fancy" dresses and see if my DH would like to wear a dinner jacket at least for one of the gala nights.

The cruise is set for September. 

🤞that we stay well and in somewhat good shape until then.😊

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

We cruised from Bayonne to Canada in 2013 on Celebrity.It was a great cruise.It had a stop in Portland ,Me .and an overnight in Quebec City.

Our first cruise,in 1973 was on the Cunard Ambassador.I am sure you will have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like a beautiful day.

Perfect weather today. We timed getting to Sunset Beach Bar pretty good and saw the large planes we had planned to see. There was a good crosswind and the airbus from Prague had to go around again. Couple more pictures from my cellphone. Will post more when we get home if my DH got any better ones with his DSLR. 

IMG_7417.thumb.jpeg.118eccf861aa1b3f739f59b97c0a20ef.jpeg

IMG_7413.thumb.jpeg.00693bf73051ff6dd34d0ac2d67817d1.jpeg

IMG_7403.thumb.jpeg.0045c09fe4998d4a2f1e877ba4d82fc1.jpeg

IMG_7402.thumb.jpeg.a5ebc221d9c2f27a71161ed2e9c1619d.jpeg

• Like 16