Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I posted cruise reviews only on another site.

I have posted many Hotel and restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor.

I have been posting on Trip Advisor too.I also post occasionally on Cruise Addicts .Another person who posts on this thread posts there ,mainly to me over the years but almost never posts to me on this thread which I have yet to understand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I think it was a couple of years ago, Cruise Critic was doing some IT maintenance or something crashed…anyway…when I tried to log in I got “page unavailable” and since I have Big Brain (what my friends call me; it’s not a compliment… it means I overthink everything) I thought horrifiedly what that could mean.  I didn’t have email addresses of anyone on Dani’s thread…all my friends to talk to and commiserate with…all gone.  Gulp!  Thank goodness it was a temporary annoyance…nothing permanent.  I don’t know what I would do without you guys.

How is the leg? Did you have surgery yet?

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yup

3 in a row. 

I’m glad it happened. But still surprised it did. 

Next week will be very interesting. 

I was okay with who left last night .I expected the team from Amazing Race to win but I was rooting for the two soldiers 

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I also thought it would be fun to be on Survivor.  Then the reality of the fact that I hate to camp, hate to be dirty, hate to be hungry and dislike idiots kept me from ever thinking about applying.  I told my husband we could do Amazing Race if they had a version that had no physical challenges, no dancing or singing challenges and no memorization challenges. We are pretty good at navigation and puzzles.  Lol

A niece of a guy I know won Amazing Race a few years ago.She was a Lawyer from NY that everyone I know who watched the show including me rooted for her to lose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You'd think after the first 3, numbers 4 and 5 wouldn't be so over confident.  I haven't watched Survivor in at least 10 years & I "unintentionally " watched about 30 minutes of it a few weeks ago. I instantly hated everyone they interviewed - the manipulative one, the lazy one, the wishy-washy one, the over-confident one, and the one that has an axe to grind over some perceived minor slight (LOL, sorry, I can't remember names). 

I can see myself being sucked back into being a regular viewer again. 🙂 Especially after seeing the recaps here

I gave up watching for a few years then returned.I tend to root for the people from LI and those who are with the FDNY and NYPD.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Not being a Debbie Downer, but maybe overthinking- AKA -Big Brain 2.

We used to watch Survivor when it first aired on TV.

But, I wondered how “real” the situations really were.

Maybe there were trailers or, possibly, a resort nearby and off camera where the contestants could get a break from filming.

Just a thought. Not trying to spoil  anyone’s viewing pleasure. 
Thinking some of these reality shows are not quite totally reality.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

The best friends of one of my son in laws parents were on Amazing Race in season 4 or 5.They were an elderly couple from Arizona who did fairly well.A LI school teacher won about 3 years ago .He is a friend of one of my neighbors and told her that nothing is rigged or scripted.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

How is the leg? Did you have surgery yet?

Had the surgery Tuesday.  Didn’t have any pain when I just had the cast over the fractures…now I do.  Was at first hoping my OTC extra-strength acetaminophen would help… but last night realized…nope…need the hydrocodone acetaminophen.  Now leg feels better…except I’ve got massive bruising on the back of my leg/knee.  I have an ice pack around the top of the cast to reduce swelling.  First follow up visit is next Thursday.  In the meantime George and I are developing a routine with the challenges.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Not being a Debbie Downer, but maybe overthinking- AKA -Big Brain 2.

We used to watch Survivor when it first aired on TV.

But, I wondered how “real” the situations really were.

Maybe there were trailers or, possibly, a resort nearby and off camera where the contestants could get a break from filming.

Just a thought. Not trying to spoil  anyone’s viewing pleasure. 
Thinking some of these reality shows are not quite totally reality.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

When you posted about the loss of your baby I was not able to post to you.52 years ago my dearest female friend of over 60 years lost her baby.She never talks about it in my presence and has never been the same since.It took great courage for you to post that .I know my friend could never do that.

• Like 4

Thank you Lenny.

I am sorry for your friend.

Close friends and family know about Christopher John.

Some friends and colleagues are not aware  of our loss.

People deal with grief in many ways.

Our faith has seen us through. 
We believe we will see him again in heaven.

I think of him as our guardian angel.

Not that we no longer think of him and love him, but we are blessed with many children in our lives, especially our “adopted” grandchildren who keep us young(er).

Our GS was just initiated into the National Honor Society.

Our GD plays the bass in the school orchestra and was given first chair in a recent concert given by a LI regional student orchestra. 
Beyond being good students , they are good people with kind and generous hearts!

We are grateful.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

This came as a surprise....Our anniversary is in September but some kind soul at Celebrity decided it will also be celebrated today.....

20240516_114548.jpg

20240516_114511.jpg

Congratulations on your anniversary.😊 I wonder which couple is actually celebrating today in a plain, austere cabin with no decorations.🙃

• Haha 14

57 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you Lenny.

I am sorry for your friend.

Close friends and family know about Christopher John.

Some friends and colleagues are not aware  of our loss.

People deal with grief in many ways.

Our faith has seen us through. 
We believe we will see him again in heaven.

I think of him as our guardian angel.

Not that we no longer think of him and love him, but we are blessed with many children in our lives, especially our “adopted” grandchildren who keep us young(er).

Our GS was just initiated into the National Honor Society.

Our GD plays the bass in the school orchestra and was given first chair in a recent concert given by a LI regional student orchestra. 
Beyond being good students , they are good people with kind and generous hearts!

We are grateful.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Christopher John will always be near you MJ.

Pauline especially has seen mediums one to one and our parents and other family members came through with messages only known to us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I had posted a few weeks ago that Harmony had diverted to Cozumel because Captain James had to be transferred to a hospital. I just read on another site that he has passed away. Prayers to his family. 

That is so sad.

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was quite happy with the outcome too. I wonder who Maria will try to team up with now?  This is certainly the season of blindsides.

I now want Maria off!!! I sure hope either Charlie or Kenzie wind up the winner next week.  

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I am just amazed at the over confidence when some players feel they are invincible from being voted off—— have a safety net (idol), then do not play it. 

Years ago when survivor was just a new show I thought it would be fun to be on. 

But I quickly came to reality when they ate bugs…………..

Not for me. 
Now after 47 seasons how the twist and turns we see makes one needing to be an expert at deception. 

Overconfidence is right!!😁

I never once thought that I would like to be on Survivor, but I've always thought that either one of my twin daughters (or both) would do well on that show.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

I also thought it would be fun to be on Survivor.  Then the reality of the fact that I hate to camp, hate to be dirty, hate to be hungry and dislike idiots kept me from ever thinking about applying.  I told my husband we could do Amazing Race if they had a version that had no physical challenges, no dancing or singing challenges and no memorization challenges. We are pretty good at navigation and puzzles.  Lol

You are too funny, Karen!!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Congratulations on your anniversary.😊 I wonder which couple is actually celebrating today in a plain, austere cabin with no decorations.🙃

May have received a upgrade just before the sailing and is maybe enjoying a large suite for their anniversary. If so I would give up a decorations in that case with no  problem.

@Sea Dog       HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!!!!!🎈

I hope you are having the best day!!  Cheers!!❤️

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I had posted a few weeks ago that Harmony had diverted to Cozumel because Captain James had to be transferred to a hospital. I just read on another site that he has passed away. Prayers to his family. 

How awful!  May he Rest in Peace🙏🛳️

• Like 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog       HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!!!!!🎈

I hope you are having the best day!!  Cheers!!❤️

Thank you Maryann! Will be going out to a nice steak dinner with Linda and son Jonathan!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1