Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just got back from my grandson’s graduation. He won general excellence for being the number one graduate!  He was also valedictorian and had everyone in tears when he said he would give up all that he won to have his dad back.  He made us so proud❤️IMG_2351.thumb.jpeg.5f611bad932ca1adfdd2ab61105790d8.jpeg

Congratulations Marietta on your Valedictorian Grandson!!! He has certainly made you and Charlie extremely proud Grandparents.   Your daughter is doing an amazing job raising your grandchildren.   Your Grandson sure is one bright kid!!

17 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Happy 9th Birthday to your Grandson Zachary!  He sure is a cutie!!

My Grandfather was a  Zachary, and one of my nephew's is also a Zachary.

• Thanks 1

@Arzeena, @DaniDanielle, @dani negreanu

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Susan. 

We drove to a Strawberry Festival today, then we will meet our daughter and her family to celebrate, since yesterday was busy with other obligations.  

Nothing like a festival gyro. 

IMG_1277.thumb.jpeg.32ccb92ea38672980656d0805c7b970d.jpeg

One of the favorites at this festival is Amish made donuts.  The line was pretty long. 

IMG_1278.thumb.jpeg.9dce8dec7fb7c6894a1a2d999b217591.jpeg

I would have taken some photos, but the Amish don’t like photos taken. I swear their donuts are about a foot diameter, and they looked fantastic. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Today is not a good day. My wife Maureen passed away this morning.

OMG.  I am so very sorry.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

• Like 2

@h20skibum  Wishing Susan a Happy Birthday today!  

Your gyro looks scrumptious, and what better way to top it off then with a nice large donut!  Beautiful day for a Birthday, as well as an outing outside!

• Like 2

I have a question, which I am sure with the depth of cruising experience on here some one can answer.

We have booked a cruise to the ABC islands in April of 2025. Then we found out that Radiance is going to do a Panama Canal cruise in October of 2025. We have a courtesy hold on an aft balcony, because there don’t seem to be any Grand Suites left. That expires in 3 days.

So, my son…he is single and relies on us to look after his (enormous) German Shepherd (he’s a nice dog, that’s not an issue) He is almost certainly going to be deployed overseas in 2025, for at least 6 months. The transition point is June or July, so we would lose one cruise, which is fine.

I know the deposit will be lost, but what is the best way to keep one cruise? And can we transfer any money, minus the deposit, to the other cruise?

It would be nice if my son could absolutely say when his deployment is, but he doesn’t know, and probably won’t until August.

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Today is not a good day. My wife Maureen passed away this morning.

I’m so terribly sorry.  Please accept my condolences.  I hope you have friends and family to help you at this difficult time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m sure you already posted it at some point, but would you mind sharing your ratios for the 

P, P, O and G juices? This would be great (or dangerous) to keep handy in the fridge. 

@Sea Dog Greg sorry to hear of another health concern with the spots on your head.  I hope that cream does the job, even if unpleasant at first.  Maybe you need to start wearing a bandana - pirate style 🙂!

Here is what I copied and pasted from Bob's original post about his recipe.

"It was the more modern version that I did a lot of experimenting to get the juices to match what I remember from Hawaii.  I'll usually make a batch of PPOG juice (pineapple, passion fruit, orange, guava) so that it's easy to create and serve several drinks.  I then add the rest of the ingredients right before serving.

PPOG Juice:

2 oz passionfruit juice

1.5 oz guava juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz pineapple juice

The Goya brand of passion fruit and guava are available in stores near me.  You can also order from Amazon.  Mix the PPOG juice with 0.5 oz Orgeat syrup and 1.5 oz Jamaican rum in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and shake well..about 15 seconds.  Dump pour into a tiki glass.  Add a 0.5 oz dark rum floater on top (I just use Myer's) to give it the layered look.  Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint".

Enjoy!

Good idea on the bandana. THis pirate dog likes that idea.

58 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  Hang in there, Greg!  You're getting lots of good advice from your friends on CC!  This too shall pass!

Thank you Maryann.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I know the deposit will be lost, but what is the best way to keep one cruise?

Did you book a suite? Or with a non refundable deposit?

May be, at least, you can book the Panama canal cruise with a refundable deposit, and then -- cancel without any loss (if you're not booking a suite).

I know, from reading posts here and there, that people were able to move deposits.... worth a try, but my advice above to book the PC with a refundable deposit will give you a win-win 😎

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Did you book a suite? Or with a non refundable deposit?

May be, at least, you can book the Panama canal cruise with a refundable deposit, and then -- cancel without any loss (if you're not booking a suite).

I know, from reading posts here and there, that people were able to move deposits.... worth a try, but my advice above to book the PC with a refundable deposit will give you a win-win 😎

The ABC islands is in a Grand Suite. A refundable deposit makes sense for the PC cruise; thanks!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I have a question, which I am sure with the depth of cruising experience on here some one can answer.

We have booked a cruise to the ABC islands in April of 2025. Then we found out that Radiance is going to do a Panama Canal cruise in October of 2025. We have a courtesy hold on an aft balcony, because there don’t seem to be any Grand Suites left. That expires in 3 days.

So, my son…he is single and relies on us to look after his (enormous) German Shepherd (he’s a nice dog, that’s not an issue) He is almost certainly going to be deployed overseas in 2025, for at least 6 months. The transition point is June or July, so we would lose one cruise, which is fine.

I know the deposit will be lost, but what is the best way to keep one cruise? And can we transfer any money, minus the deposit, to the other cruise?

It would be nice if my son could absolutely say when his deployment is, but he doesn’t know, and probably won’t until August.

We have moved deposits before final payment. Once had to pay a fee of $100  for a NRD (cannot remember if it was Royal or X) which was "absorbed" in the invoice of the new ship and sail date. After final payment, they did not do anything.

You can do a Refundable deposit, but I was told that it is good (money back) till final payment only. I cannot explain this very clearly, sorry.
If you are booked with a TA in a group, it may be different.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

The ABC islands is in a Grand Suite. A refundable deposit makes sense for the PC cruise; thanks!

If you outright cancel a cruise, you will lose the (non-refundable) deposit. You can transfer your (non-refundable) deposit to another sailing, there is a $100 p/p fee and the remaining deposit will go towards the new cruise. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m sure you already posted it at some point, but would you mind sharing your ratios for the 

P, P, O and G juices? This would be great (or dangerous) to keep handy in the fridge. 

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is what I copied and pasted from Bob's original post about his recipe.

"It was the more modern version that I did a lot of experimenting to get the juices to match what I remember from Hawaii.  I'll usually make a batch of PPOG juice (pineapple, passion fruit, orange, guava) so that it's easy to create and serve several drinks.  I then add the rest of the ingredients right before serving.

PPOG Juice:

2 oz passionfruit juice

1.5 oz guava juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz pineapple juice

The Goya brand of passion fruit and guava are available in stores near me.  You can also order from Amazon.  Mix the PPOG juice with 0.5 oz Orgeat syrup and 1.5 oz Jamaican rum in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and shake well..about 15 seconds.  Dump pour into a tiki glass.  Add a 0.5 oz dark rum floater on top (I just use Myer's) to give it the layered look.  Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint".

Enjoy!

Thanks Greg.  The note that I have shows the same PPOG ratios but using 1 oz light rum and 1 oz Jamaican rum instead of 1.5 oz Jamaican rum.  I'm not sure if I later updated what I posted here, or maybe I posted the most recent version (above) and forgot to update my notes??  Either way should be great Deb.  The mix of light and Jamaican rum will have a slightly higher alcohol content and you'll probably taste less rum and more of the juice mix, while the 1.5 oz Jamaican rum version will have slightly more of the funky Jamaican flavor.  Take your pick.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks Greg.  The note that I have shows the same PPOG ratios but using 1 oz light rum and 1 oz Jamaican rum instead of 1.5 oz Jamaican rum.  I'm not sure if I later updated what I posted here, or maybe I posted the most recent version (above) and forgot to update my notes??  Either way should be great Deb.  The mix of light and Jamaican rum will have a slightly higher alcohol content and you'll probably taste less rum and more of the juice mix, while the 1.5 oz Jamaican rum version will have slightly more of the funky Jamaican flavor.  Take your pick.  

I think 2oz of rum will help tame all the sweetness of the PPOG mixture. I did make the ultimate Mai Tai recipe from Kevin Crossman’s website. I think I liked the Ultimate just a little bit better as it wasn’t as sweet but I need to redo your recipe using the light rum and Jamaican rums.

• Like 3