Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

And just like that, our Summer of Fun has come to an end.  Up at 3:30 am to take our son and grandson to the airport for their flight home to California.  We will have our other two grandkids tomorrow, before they go back to school on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, we were all together for a final cookout and group hug.  

IMG_7296.thumb.jpeg.06cb53d6fc1baa76ce6d77ab21b4f311.jpeg

I am not sure if Ricky was a willing participant?

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

It’s just crazy that there isn’t just simple health insurance coverage for all of Medicare recipients.

I also just signed up for the Medicare Aetna PPO Advantage Plan for my part C & D.  I’m happy to read that you’re not having any problems with it.  I’ve read that there are less problems with Advantage Plans if you’re in a large metropolitan area.  

It is my understanding that I have a year to try the Advantage plan and can change to traditional Medicare supplements if I’m not happy with my plan.  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

You can change insurance plans every year during the open enrollment period. It runs approximately from October to December and becomes affective in January.

Medicare used to be simple. However, it is a government run program. What more could anyone need to know to understand why it is so complex?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

They missed a port so  they have plenty of time and  are cruising very slowly back to  New Jersey.

Reading your response to my post made me realize I was a victim of auto correct and my post has Sympathy instead or Symphony.   Or maybe I had a typo....whoopsie

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Amsterdam, lock 1. Turned away. Awaiting Plan B or C. Drifting 7 miles out

FB_IMG_1723956906003.thumb.jpg.5f383139f6d71d724f81e0de35c2ba1f.jpg

Screenshot_20240818_065311_Maps.thumb.jpg.d371d21c3f8264f3c3ab535f8bc40720.jpg

Other pier seems occupied 

20240818_074357.thumb.jpg.80b48342fdb709cb0cb7481b3b89ed02.jpg

I am sorry this is happening to you guys. I haven’t really read up on all this. Are they just protesting cruise ships or is there something else they don’t like?

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am sorry this is happening to you guys. I haven’t really read up on all this. Are they just protesting cruise ships or is there something else they don’t like?

I know you weren’t asking me Greg, but from what I have read, it is specifically cruise ships.  It is an environmental group. 
I’m surprised the police haven’t stepped in.

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I know you weren’t asking me Greg, but from what I have read, it is specifically cruise ships.  It is an environmental group. 

Thanks Pat. I was responding to Laura’s original post but thanks for filling me in. Yes I am surprised the police haven’t gotten involved too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I, too, am surprised that there is no police intervention.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

According to the reports I have read the first day the police arrived but since the protesters were not causing harm to anyone they were not removed.  One can hope the ones that glued themselves in place lost some skin in the process.  The second day I guess the police did remove some protesters.  I am not surprised that the protesters are allowed to disrupt cruise ships since Amsterdam is limiting cruise ships and eventually will ban them all together.  

• Like 3

We have  Miss ZZZZZOEY our granddaughter till Wednesday as a mini vacation ( for her parents that is). 

With all the pre season college football socials, dinners and media they asked if we could bring her home from The  Football Hall of Fame scrimmage. 

And of course we said yes. 
So they grabbed her pre-packed suitcase (hmmmm came prepared). Knew we would take her. 
Off we went — granddaughter, suitcase and binky. 
She fell asleep 1 mile on the trip home and slept till we pulled in the driveway 1 hour 10 min drive. 

Daughter says put her to bed by 9pm and she’ll sleep till 9 or 10am. 

Yup

At 6:30 am today she starts imitating animals. 
Yup

WOOF, MEOW, OINK OINK , and BUZZZZZZZ like a bee. 

She got the grandma look. 
Laid back down till 7:05. 

Yup 

Didnt sleep in 

So, after we freshened up and ate breakfast—-play time. 

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.5ce3cab7af97b001a9a348632050864c.jpeg

Her favorite Disney book is 

Beauty and the Beast. 

Last night she was  chasing the cat. 
Cat not happy. 

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.67b489083513809028df3909e33a5919.jpeg

Later

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I suspect Sympathy OTS is rocking and rolling today because of Ernesto.  They are due to arrive at Cape Liberty, NJ tomorrow morning.    

They need some sympathy indeed.😉😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

According to the reports I have read the first day the police arrived but since the protesters were not causing harm to anyone they were not removed.  One can hope the ones that glued themselves in place lost some skin in the process.  The second day I guess the police did remove some protesters.  I am not surprised that the protesters are allowed to disrupt cruise ships since Amsterdam is limiting cruise ships and eventually will ban them all together.  

I, also, read how they glued and chained themselves to the bridge and gate.   How stupid to glue yourself!!!     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

We have  Miss ZZZZZOEY our granddaughter till Wednesday as a mini vacation ( for her parents that is). 

With all the pre season college football socials, dinners and media they asked if we could bring her home from The  Football Hall of Fame scrimmage. 

And of course we said yes. 
So they grabbed her pre-packed suitcase (hmmmm came prepared). Knew we would take her. 
Off we went — granddaughter, suitcase and binky. 
She fell asleep 1 mile on the trip home and slept till we pulled in the driveway 1 hour 10 min drive. 

Daughter says put her to bed by 9pm and she’ll sleep till 9 or 10am. 

Yup

At 6:30 am today she starts imitating animals. 
Yup

WOOF, MEOW, OINK OINK , and BUZZZZZZZ like a bee. 

She got the grandma look. 
Laid back down till 7:05. 

Yup 

Didnt sleep in 

So, after we freshened up and ate breakfast—-play time. 

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.5ce3cab7af97b001a9a348632050864c.jpeg

Her favorite Disney book is 

Beauty and the Beast. 

Last night she was  chasing the cat. 
Cat not happy. 

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.67b489083513809028df3909e33a5919.jpeg

Later

She sure is a Cutie.  Sounds like lots of fun!!!    Enjoy😊

Someday soon maybe she will enjoy a family cruise.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

We must have read the same article.  
I don’t understand their statement that the protesters were not causing harm to anyone. Maybe not physical, but explain that to all the employees at the terminal that have not been able to work. 
It is 6:15 pm on Amsterdam and the last email I received from Royal was sent about 2 hours ago and told me how excited they to see me tomorrow in Amsterdam. 🤞

• Like 8

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I could be wrong but seems like Siam is the flavored child here.

Siam is just so friendly, my wife fell asleep on the couch and woke up to find Siam purring on her lap . Loki is improving. They love all there toys and new cat condo.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Have fun Sue.  I can’t believe how much she has grown.  Seems like yesterday you were showing off those newborn photos.  

Take it from me, they grow up really fast. 

• Like 2