Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the tip, Debi. So much to do on turn around day.  Move all our stuff to our new cabin, make reservations for one specialty dinner, get checked off at Muster, check MDR to see where our table will be. 

Depending on where they have the B2Bers meet to get off the ship, you may be able to check your new table assignment at the same time -- they often have you meet in the MDR, and your table assignment will be printed on your new card that they hand out to you there.

Also, whenever I've done a B2B, the headwaiter has come around and asked me my seating preference for the next cruise, so if you want a specific table/location (two-top near the window, etc.), you can just ask for it. 

As for specialty dining, they may let you make that reservation the first week, too.

Note that they often don't have the muster stations manned until they start general boarding for the second cruise.  There can be a lag of anywhere from 15-60 minutes from when you reboard until they start boarding everyone else, so don't make a special trip to get beeped in at your muster station until you know for sure that the stations are open.  (I learned this one the hard way on an Oasis class ship when my muster station was on the complete opposite end of the ship from where I was hanging out.... walked there after reboarding and it was a ghost town and I had to return later.  I got my steps in that day!)

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

AND, I checked the 14 day weather forecast for our ports of call only to discover RAIN for all stops.  Not just rain but more than 50-60% chance of T-Storms.  Oy!

The 10-day forecast for my current B2B was an 80%+ chance of rain/storms literally every single day.... but the only rain we actually experienced so far was a shower before we even docked in Cozumel, a 5-minute sprinkle in the middle of the afternoon in Costa Maya, plus an overcast day at sea with no rain. (Remember that a 50% chance of rain is just saying that there's a 50% chance it will rain AT SOME POINT that day, not that it will rain for more than 50% of the day.)  

These tropical areas get lots of little spurts of rain that are over before they start... I think some of our Florida residents in this thread have recently mentioned that it can be raining in the front yard and sunny in the back yard at the same time! 😁

• Like 6

My son has been on a business trip to the far east this month.  We have been getting lots of nice photos from him.  We have been able to keep in touch, even though there has been a 12-13 hour time difference. 

This week, he is in Tokyo.  Before that, he was in Singapore and in Shanghai.  

When he sent this photo, I asked if that was his company car to get around in. 

IMG_9432.thumb.jpeg.e453247a4c58cc69e9db017d2f34c86c.jpeg

He just said “I wish!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@taznremmy Congrats from me too!

Thanks for the tip, Debi. So much to do on turn around day.  Move all our stuff to our new cabin, make reservations for one specialty dinner, get checked off at Muster, check MDR to see where our table will be.  I'm glad I was able to reserve spots for all entertainment shows on both cruises.

AND, I checked the 14 day weather forecast for our ports of call only to discover RAIN for all stops.  Not just rain but more than 50-60% chance of T-Storms.  Oy!

Bon Voyage Bonnie! Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.
Congratulations on becoming Diamond.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Depending on where they have the B2Bers meet to get off the ship, you may be able to check your new table assignment at the same time -- they often have you meet in the MDR, and your table assignment will be printed on your new card that they hand out to you there.

Also, whenever I've done a B2B, the headwaiter has come around and asked me my seating preference for the next cruise, so if you want a specific table/location (two-top near the window, etc.), you can just ask for it. 

As for specialty dining, they may let you make that reservation the first week, too.

Note that they often don't have the muster stations manned until they start general boarding for the second cruise.  There can be a lag of anywhere from 15-60 minutes from when you reboard until they start boarding everyone else, so don't make a special trip to get beeped in at your muster station until you know for sure that the stations are open.  (I learned this one the hard way on an Oasis class ship when my muster station was on the complete opposite end of the ship from where I was hanging out.... walked there after reboarding and it was a ghost town and I had to return later.  I got my steps in that day!)

The 10-day forecast for my current B2B was an 80%+ chance of rain/storms literally every single day.... but the only rain we actually experienced so far was a shower before we even docked in Cozumel, a 5-minute sprinkle in the middle of the afternoon in Costa Maya, plus an overcast day at sea with no rain. (Remember that a 50% chance of rain is just saying that there's a 50% chance it will rain AT SOME POINT that day, not that it will rain for more than 50% of the day.)  

These tropical areas get lots of little spurts of rain that are over before they start... I think some of our Florida residents in this thread have recently mentioned that it can be raining in the front yard and sunny in the back yard at the same time! 😁

Debi, your advice is always spot on and well received!

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Bon Voyage Bonnie! Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.
Congratulations on becoming Diamond.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

From here also

And thank you too Marietta! 

Happy Birthday to your son.  May all his birthday wishes come true.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debi, your advice is always spot on and well received!

Thank you!

And thank you too Marietta! 

Happy Birthday to your son.  May all his birthday wishes come true.

Congratulations on being diamond, what ship Harmony?

my two monsters, while they look very innocent, one was attacking my feet in bed this morning, while they always have a couple of bowls of kitten food they like to eat newspapers , strange kittens

image.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This morning I woke up with my entire body shaking.My BP was 191/70.I immediately took my BP medication and an hour later it was down to 141/60.

I had an 11:00 appointment scheduled with my Neurologist due to foot numbness that kept me confined to my bedroom the past 4 days.The doctor prescribed Gabapentin 100mg, 3 times a day stating it was the only medication that would address the numbness immediately.I was on the medication in 2018 but stopped it because it was causing extreme dizziness.

Spending the week in San Antonio with our daughter…one last visit before she moves to Albany, NY in December.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.773f4a19206a603c419fa23619b41a1e.jpeg

Of course it wouldn’t be a trip without trying to find a couple bottles I can’t find in WA.  Scored an Eagle Rare store pick, a Russel’s Reserve store pick, and a backup EHT single barrel.  

IMG_5007.thumb.jpeg.e52f2da43ac89ce0b0ea5a061a2d6842.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations on being diamond, what ship Harmony?

my two monsters, while they look very innocent, one was attacking my feet in bed this morning, while they always have a couple of bowls of kitten food they like to eat newspapers , strange kittens

image.jpeg

Yes, Harmony.  Your two "monsters" look like they're physically joined at the hip. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Spending the week in San Antonio with our daughter…one last visit before she moves to Albany, NY in December.

Of course it wouldn’t be a trip without trying to find a couple bottles I can’t find in WA.  Scored an Eagle Rare store pick, a Russel’s Reserve store pick, and a backup EHT single barrel.  

Which of those two beautiful ladies is your daughter? 😉

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yikes Albany in the winter, you can buy her snow shovel for Christmas 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Very nice haul!  

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Great picture if your family Larry!

• Like 3