Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are sailing in 11 days, 10/2 on Symphony.  If you can join us we would love it.  Prices are great right now.  We have already used some OBC.  Before we pasted on the big slides at Cococay but not this time!  I spend a lot of time on slides on Harmony so this should be fun.  Wish they had an elevator 😂.

‘We also got a internet package.  I am guessing if we win the RoyalUP bid on the GS we will be credited back for the package.

Sharon knows I am getting excited for this cruise and it is making her nervous.  She says what if I test positive. She knows I usually am not that excited until we are flying to the port but it’s been  2 years!  

I would love to join you but cannot.     I am sure you will have an amazing cruise and should do just fine with testing.     

She didn't test positive when you actually had covid this summer so both should be good to go.

That will be really sweet if you win your bid for a GS.    

I know those water slides look like lots of fun, I remember us watching as they were building them and saying I hope they are putting an elevator in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, and we had a killer deal on both legs as well.  Drats.  

No...could have switched I guess, but the way things are going, we are simply not booking any more new cruises until things return to a semi normal state (if that is possible)....or at least feel comfortable with starting to cruise again.  

Oh well, need to get our home office remodeled...looks like a good time to do it.  Weather is great in Florida in Feb./March.  😉 

Now with yet more cancellations just last week (B2B2B Allure for our Fall Med/TA) and no guarantees on the promise of being switched to Wonder which is taking it's place.... we are getting very gun shy.  😮 

Can't rely on the Land Yacht...can't rely on cruises not being cancelled.  Yup, rental homes are getting more and more of a sweet deal for us.  At least some trips are working out.  😉 

You've more than proven how wonderful land vacations can be.  I still can't get your lobster pictures out of my mind!!

3 hours ago, George C said:

Someone we meet on a couple of rccl cruises and lives in Dallas area was trying to see if we could get Derek in Dallas for a show , he wasn’t successful, I know he also got married since last time we saw him.

I peeked in his social media page, which I am forbidden to name in here.  Yes, Derek married in 2012 and seems to appear at different venues in San Antonio.

I posted the following yesterday but it was removed.  I'll try again wording differently.

My friend's 95 year old mother in law caught ummmm the C virus before she was jabbed and again caught it a 2nd time after being jabbed twice.  She's in a nursing home and 14 other residents caught it as well.  My friend's MIL has no symptoms and just finished her quarantine.  Employees must show proof of vaccine.  Not sure about testing.  Goes to show how contagious it is.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

You've more than proven how wonderful land vacations can be.  I still can't get your lobster pictures out of my mind!!

I peeked in his social media page, which I am forbidden to name in here.  Yes, Derek married in 2012 and seems to appear at different venues in San Antonio.

I posted the following yesterday but it was removed.  I'll try again wording differently.

My friend's 95 year old mother in law caught ummmm the C virus before she was jabbed and again caught it a 2nd time after being jabbed twice.  She's in a nursing home and 14 other residents caught it as well.  My friend's MIL has no symptoms and just finished her quarantine.  Employees must show proof of vaccine.  Not sure about testing.  Goes to show how contagious it is.

Another way to look at:      Also goes to show how well the vaccine is working that a 95 yr old woman survived covid a 2nd time since she was vaccinated😍

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Mmmm...I am already missing that fresh steamed lobster ....and lobster/crab rolls.  But if your mind happens to stray...I could help you out here.  😄  

20210617_180507.jpg

20210617_182826.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I forgot to mention. I finally tried the roasted garlic.  Yesterday I made a bacon and tomato sandwich and then spread a bulb of roasted garlic 🧄 on the bread.  Not bad but was expecting more of a garlic taste.  I then  decided to just eat it alone.  I really like it like that.  Roasting really makes it mild. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Mmmm...I am already missing that fresh steamed lobster ....and lobster/crab rolls.  But if your mind happens to stray...I could help you out here.  😄  

Thanks for the pics.  I love Maine lobster.  I have never had a lobster roll but plan on trying my first at Hooked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I forgot to mention. I finally tried the roasted garlic.  Yesterday I made a bacon and tomato sandwich and then spread a bulb of roasted garlic 🧄 on the bread.  Not bad but was expecting more of a garlic taste.  I then  decided to just eat it alone.  I really like it like that.  Roasting really makes it mild. 

Yes, it does give it a different taste and supposedly it is easier to digest than regular garlic.    Try it on some pizza, make garlic bread, add to sauces, etc etc etc - so many ways you can use it.   

1 hour ago, island lady said:

20210617_180507.jpg

20210617_182826.jpg

I didn’t know my nose had an imagination, but it just thought it smelled those lobsters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it does give it a different taste and supposedly it is easier to digest than regular garlic.    Try it on some pizza, make garlic bread, add to sauces, etc etc etc - so many ways you can use it.   

I plan to try the roasted garlic in mashed potatoes.  I use it a lot in my homemade pizza sauce.  Last week my daughter came over and we used the tomatoes and garlic to make tomato sauce for spaghetti.  When making garlic bread do you make the bread then spread garlic butter all over it or some how blend it in the bread.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I plan to try the roasted garlic in mashed potatoes.  I use it a lot in my homemade pizza sauce.  Last week my daughter came over and we used the tomatoes and garlic to make tomato sauce for spaghetti.  When making garlic bread do you make the bread then spread garlic butter all over it or some how blend it in the bread.  

Roasted garlic is great in mashed potatoes.  

I usually mix the garlic with butter and parsley then spread over the bread and put in toaster oven for  couple minutes.

I never thought of blending into dough before baking bread but that sounds good too.   I may try that with some dinner rolls.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My guys prefer a stronger garlic taste for garlic bread.  They like roasted garlic spread on toasted baguettes too but prefer when I mix minced garlic into butter with some salt and pepper, oregano and parmesan cheese.  I make a compound butter of that and then spread it on scala bread that I cut in half lengthwise.  Sprinkle a little more parm and in the oven until toasty and bubbly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

but prefer when I mix minced garlic into butter with some salt and pepper, oregano and parmesan cheese.  I make a compound butter of that and then spread it on scala bread that I cut in half lengthwise.  Sprinkle a little more parm and in the oven until toasty and bubbly.

Winner! I have to try this. Sounds delicious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

20210617_180507.jpg

20210617_182826.jpg

OOOOOOOO just as good as the first time I saw those lobsters.  I can actually almost taste them.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another way to look at:      Also goes to show how well the vaccine is working that a 95 yr old woman survived covid a 2nd time since she was vaccinated😍

Absolutely!  Even though she was asymptomatic the first time before her vaccines, it has been proven that vaccines do help to keep people off ventilators and out of the hospitals.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My guys prefer a stronger garlic taste for garlic bread.  They like roasted garlic spread on toasted baguettes too but prefer when I mix minced garlic into butter with some salt and pepper, oregano and parmesan cheese.  I make a compound butter of that and then spread it on scala bread that I cut in half lengthwise.  Sprinkle a little more parm and in the oven until toasty and bubbly.

I like a stronger garlic taste too.  I like making onion potato chip dip.  I substitute garlic powder with raw garlic.  I do the same when I make pesto.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yummy!!   Now I'm craving garlic bread🤪

• Like 3