Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been on a water taxi anywhere.One of the best reasons for going to a Caribbean island for me was to walk from the port to downtown .Even as recently as 2017 when I was walking with a cane I still walked from the port in St.Maarten to downtown.Many of the locals told me that I would not be able to do it and I took it as a challenge.

I really enjoy the walk into town from the port on St. Maarten.

• Like 2

This one is for you @lenquixote66

BC290355-0E15-4A5E-BFD4-6A98044CE5D4.thumb.jpeg.3e7d9c1a5515e3ce2b53fe20cbdbd837.jpeg

And on for @harryfat1

EE44C284-ADE6-4429-94A5-BD77ED9A34F2.thumb.jpeg.964db23cd7f137c26121c18c0805bb5d.jpeg

No pics for @Sea Dog but a sincere thank you for recommending Gulmohar’s. I was like a kid in a candy store. Should have taken a picture of the wall of Bourbon. They had just about everything, except Pappy (they do get it occasionally). Prices were great. Original Blanton’s for $75…better than the ships duty free. Sold. They also had gold for $135 and Straight from the Barrel and Special Reserve. They were a little over $200, don’t recall the specific price. I also picked up a Jefferson’s Ocean for $85. Lots of great deals on stuff that I can get at home (e.g a liter of Buffalo Trace for $20) but I decided to only buy what I can’t get at home. Micheline had to drag me away. Gives me a good reason to look forward to the end of the cruise. 

edit:  oops. Forgot the pics. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been on a water taxi anywhere.One of the best reasons for going to a Caribbean island for me was to walk from the port to downtown .Even as recently as 2017 when I was walking with a cane I still walked from the port in St.Maarten to downtown.Many of the locals told me that I would not be able to do it and I took it as a challenge.

The best water taxi we have ever been on, with a great "tour guide" that was so informational, welcoming, and hilarious (he was the little boat's captain and only crew)....was the Boston harbor water taxi.  What a great tour in it's own right, and super easy to go from cruise ship to town without the hassle.  🤗

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

. Life IS good. 

Love that pic. Cheers!

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have the same thing but in a t-shirt. I only wear it in certain crowds. 

Me too. I've gotten some strange looks while wearing it.

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really enjoy the walk into town from the port on St. Maarten.

Love just doing a beach day on Grand Bay. You can get in the water, lounge or go shop.

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was like a kid in a candy store. Should have taken a picture of the wall of Bourbon.  

I knew you would love it. I'm like a kid in a candy store too. Great price on the Blanton's. Looks like I will be getting a bottle too.

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, tastes like bad cough syrup to me.  Has to be an acquired taste I guess.  😉 

I would not like that. I don't mind sweet but not like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m getting fish tacos and Micheline is getting burger. We’ve had jerk chicken here before which was good. They forgot to put our order in with the kitchen so they just comped us another round of drinks. Our time on the beach may be napping. 😁

image.thumb.jpg.001fb44c46ab0fbdc6a3b15d04ecd3a3.jpg

Love it. And a beautiful sunny warm/hot day. Life is good.  🍻😎👍

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have been to St.Maarten about 20 times,usually the Dutch side.At one time we used to go on cruises in December,January and February and many store owners knew us and welcomed us warmly.I am not referring to jewelry stores .The only place we wanted to go to and never got there was the Star Wars Museum.

We never grow tired of St. Maarten. The weather has always been great and you can't beat the color of the water and sand. Come on March! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That is pretty much what we ended up doing most of the time.  Water taxi to town early, shop, (pick up a new hat 😉 )..walk around, pick up our liquor (best prices and selection still at town pier just before the taxis), and back to ship for uncrowded ship lunch.  🙂 

Though the last two times, we have done a guided food and history tour around the whole island starting at the Dutch cheese shop.  Great excursion, limited to 10-12 customers.  Great fun!  Booked online, not through the ship.  Not sure if offered now.  

So sick of that water taxi pre recorded, "Hello, I said Hello...". Her voice irritates my short nerve!   What floors me is the tip jar when you purchase your water taxi wristbands from the girl that if she smiled her face would crack and the tip jar for the quick ride over to Philipsburg by two dudes that don't smile or say a damn thing. Other than that, all is good. Last couple of visits we walked into town and back to the ship.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did the walk from port to downtown too. It wasn’t bad.  We got to breath in the cloud of pot as we passed a small group of young ones.  So relaxing 😎 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

This one is for you @lenquixote66

BC290355-0E15-4A5E-BFD4-6A98044CE5D4.thumb.jpeg.3e7d9c1a5515e3ce2b53fe20cbdbd837.jpeg

And on for @harryfat1

EE44C284-ADE6-4429-94A5-BD77ED9A34F2.thumb.jpeg.964db23cd7f137c26121c18c0805bb5d.jpeg

No pics for @Sea Dog but a sincere thank you for recommending Gulmohar’s. I was like a kid in a candy store. Should have taken a picture of the wall of Bourbon. They had just about everything, except Pappy (they do get it occasionally). Prices were great. Original Blanton’s for $75…better than the ships duty free. Sold. They also had gold for $135 and Straight from the Barrel and Special Reserve. They were a little over $200, don’t recall the specific price. I also picked up a Jefferson’s Ocean for $85. Lots of great deals on stuff that I can get at home (e.g a liter of Buffalo Trace for $20) but I decided to only buy what I can’t get at home. Micheline had to drag me away. Gives me a good reason to look forward to the end of the cruise. 

edit:  oops. Forgot the pics. 

Nowadays we just buy things not sold at home , still have a bottle of white Hennessy, which taste about the same as regular Hennessy. 

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My view today, from Disney’s Beach Club. Waiting for our room to be ready.  Everyone has arrived safely. Life IS good. 

65571D05-3990-4004-B173-AE8B80147D1E.jpeg

I probably missed you posting this but will you be there 10/1 when they start the 50th year celebration?  I bet they already have decorations for it.  The family, especially my youngest daughter, plans to go during this time.  

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sunshine3601 You were right one thing led to another.

Put this together in the last couple of days. Supplies bought at Lowes.

20210922_150527.jpg

20210922_150536.jpg

20210922_150553.jpg

You did a Great Job!     Looks perfect and I am sure you will enjoy having for the fall evenings😍

Now I have to save all these posts that say I was Right about something and give copies of them to Eric - HA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Any neat plans with your winnings? 🙂

On my wife’s birthday July 4th she won a thousand dollar jackpot playing video poker on Celebrity Edge , we both won besides that , one of the only times we returned from cruise with more money than we had boarding.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When I search the show, what season and what number show should I be looking for?

I have only watched the show a few times.

You want Season 6 episode 13.

I laughed when Lexi complained about how poor people took advantage of her wealth. She's only worth about $50,000, mostly from this show.

• Like 2