Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just pulled into St Maarten. Explorer is docked next to us and both Rhapsody and Vision are anchored off shore. Grandeur heading in right now. Not sure if she’s on a revenue cruise or just moving for some other reason. Lots of banging and cutting noise from Explorer. Looks like she’s getting a minor facelift. 

Beautiful day today. We sailed by Tropical Storm Peter yesterday. It was windy but not bad enough to close any decks. You could lose your ghat though if not careful. All in all, not a problem. 

15F4D767-5742-476D-AA95-AF33491D895D.thumb.jpeg.765f817715cc1b87f86017e53dc2e11d.jpeg

01980BDB-D084-4A9C-BE4C-134C348C9516.thumb.jpeg.3313c49754096ec659f641bfcaa6296e.jpeg

E738981C-337C-4479-8DD7-783B6BE01185.thumb.jpeg.70fc2dfc4d43eae150c10bfb9d2a0317.jpeg

She looks naked with the pools drained and no people!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds like a great day. I am well and wish you the same. Cheers!

Just spoke to the eye infirmary and finally I am booked in tomorrow at 14.45pm to get a cataract operation.

I had a phacovitrectomy op on my other eye in February and hopefully this will finally balance my eye's.

Graham.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, singinalot said:

it's cc, not you 😞  I find the only way I can get anything to work properly on cc is using icognito mode on my browser 

That is usually an indication that you need to clear cookies.  I had that problem with another website I regularly use and would clear cookies and the problem went away.  I'm not an IT expert but someone who is suggested that to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just pulled into St Maarten. Explorer is docked next to us and both Rhapsody and Vision are anchored off shore. Grandeur heading in right now. Not sure if she’s on a revenue cruise or just moving for some other reason. Lots of banging and cutting noise from Explorer. Looks like she’s getting a minor facelift.

15F4D767-5742-476D-AA95-AF33491D895D.thumb.jpeg.765f817715cc1b87f86017e53dc2e11d.jpeg

The first RCI ship that I sailed on docked at one of my favorite islands. Have a great day!

• Like 3

The following is an excerpt from our local online TV news station report.

But first a side note.

We knew they were having trouble getting "spirits' for a couple weeks and noticed it when we went out to dinner and they said they have everything but a limited supply of bourbon, and beers.  Tons of craft beer (YUK).

Well in order to resolve the holiday gift giving season and yes the DD and new SIL are moving back to OHIO!!!!!!!!!   Tomorrow as a matter of fact.  Brandon will be joining the athletic department at Miami of Ohio as one of their coaches, specializing in conditioning and training and will over see a number of various sports. And DD was hired into a dream job, that finally pays $$$$.

They rented one of the bigest U-Hauls known (accumulated a ton of stuff) to man.  

And in it they stopped at the local liquor store (There like the ABC stores in Hawaii Any-Block and Corner------Hence ABC) and stocked up on------------ Peach crown Royal, Buffalo trace.......... (They did not mind and they rarely drink, so more to buy for others)  (Heck they told me they feel like a remake of Smokey and the Bandit).

Need I say we will be visiting soon to obtain our order.

Here is the article:

The pandemic is affecting how customers and valley businesses are getting their top-shelf liquor and beer.

If you're looking to enjoy your favorite top-shelf beverage you might be out of luck, shelves are becoming bare of certain brands in many stores across our region, the state, and country. From Crown Royal to bourbon it might not be on your store shelves.

"With the rise in sales comes a lack of products, especially from France, a lot of cognacs, and brandies, a lot of tequilas from Mexico are difficult to keep in stock," said Al Franceschelli owner of A&C Beverage in Youngstown.

Franceschelli added, "The consumption since the pandemic took place a year and a half ago has increased dramatically. Our store had a 40 percent increase in sales since the pandemic."

"You'll get 25 to 30 cases of Hennessy and it will be gone in one day. Some people are driving from Cleveland or Columbus to get their favorite brand that they cannot find in their city. I don't believe we will have to go to a two-bottle limit as they have done in Pennsylvania. I hope not," emphasized Franceshelli.

He tells us beer in bottles is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain from all the major beer companies and explained that they are being told there is also a glass shortage.

WFMJ News checked with around one dozen restaurants. Most said they were having trouble keeping certain liquors and bottled beer in stock.

So, as I now say:

It is what it is......

Stay healthy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just spoke to the eye infirmary and finally I am booked in tomorrow at 14.45pm to get a cataract operation.

I had a phacovitrectomy op on my other eye in February and hopefully this will finally balance my eye's.

Graham.

Best of luck Graham!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Good luck with your next eye surgery.  Hope you recover fast, like the last one.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I too love raw garlic and strong garlic taste but I hate when I still smell like garlic the day after.  

I used to feel like I reeked of garlic the next day after eating it. Not my breath as much as my skin. After I had my gall bladder out, I never smelled it on my skin again. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I will be thinking of you and know everything will go great. I'm sure you will be glad to have it done and over with.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and you can see clearly everything you want to see. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Keep hearing of shortages of some of the craziest things.  Would never think of a tennis ball shortage.

Since beginning of August my local food stores have had shortage of gatorade and powerade.   We usually buy the 8 pack of individual bottles but shelves have been bare almost everytime I'm there.

We notice a shortage of Snapple.  Shelves are usually more than half empty,  Sometimes we get the last few bottles of the peach tea Jack loves.

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Very best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The following is an excerpt from our local online TV news station report.

But first a side note.

We knew they were having trouble getting "spirits' for a couple weeks and noticed it when we went out to dinner and they said they have everything but a limited supply of bourbon, and beers.  Tons of craft beer (YUK).

Well in order to resolve the holiday gift giving season and yes the DD and new SIL are moving back to OHIO!!!!!!!!!   Tomorrow as a matter of fact.  Brandon will be joining the athletic department at Miami of Ohio as one of their coaches, specializing in conditioning and training and will over see a number of various sports. And DD was hired into a dream job, that finally pays $$$$.

They rented one of the bigest U-Hauls known (accumulated a ton of stuff) to man.  

And in it they stopped at the local liquor store (There like the ABC stores in Hawaii Any-Block and Corner------Hence ABC) and stocked up on------------ Peach crown Royal, Buffalo trace.......... (They did not mind and they rarely drink, so more to buy for others)  (Heck they told me they feel like a remake of Smokey and the Bandit).

Need I say we will be visiting soon to obtain our order.

Here is the article:

The pandemic is affecting how customers and valley businesses are getting their top-shelf liquor and beer.

If you're looking to enjoy your favorite top-shelf beverage you might be out of luck, shelves are becoming bare of certain brands in many stores across our region, the state, and country. From Crown Royal to bourbon it might not be on your store shelves.

"With the rise in sales comes a lack of products, especially from France, a lot of cognacs, and brandies, a lot of tequilas from Mexico are difficult to keep in stock," said Al Franceschelli owner of A&C Beverage in Youngstown.

Franceschelli added, "The consumption since the pandemic took place a year and a half ago has increased dramatically. Our store had a 40 percent increase in sales since the pandemic."

"You'll get 25 to 30 cases of Hennessy and it will be gone in one day. Some people are driving from Cleveland or Columbus to get their favorite brand that they cannot find in their city. I don't believe we will have to go to a two-bottle limit as they have done in Pennsylvania. I hope not," emphasized Franceshelli.

He tells us beer in bottles is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain from all the major beer companies and explained that they are being told there is also a glass shortage.

WFMJ News checked with around one dozen restaurants. Most said they were having trouble keeping certain liquors and bottled beer in stock.

So, as I now say:

It is what it is......

Stay healthy

I also went to two stores yesterday and both were out of Hennessy 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time. What will you be doing today? Stop by Gulhmor's Whisky Paradise if you get a chance.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We always enjoy St. Maarten.  What are your plans for the day?  

I wonder if my favorite hat lady is still set up in town with her great straw hats?  👒

No special plans. Got off the ship mid morning and took the water taxi to town. Looked in several shops on Front street. Currently sitting in Blue ***** bar having a drink then lunch (now a tradition for us). Will then grab a couple of beach chairs for a few hours. Then will purchase what we liked earlier to carry back to the ship.  Saw several things that we like and will definitely be helping the local economy. 

• Like 7