Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love that place. We will be there too for our cruise. I have not had their food. What do you like and recommend?

Rum drinks!!  😄 

But also love the fish sandwiches.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m amazed she is a Pastor’s daughter with that type of attitude.  The lessons taught seem lost, when she says to her mom the “poor are after me” and “the don’t understand me”. What the heck. 

My Mom would reach through the phone and smack me in the head if I was saying stuff like that, even at my age now!  I would be absolutely horrified if my son went on one of these reality shows and acted like some of these people.  I know he is no saint, I have seen pictures from some of his rugby team parties😱, but he does have morals and self control.  The money can't be that good for them to act the way they do.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

But also love the fish sandwiches.  🙂 

I think we will eat lunch there on our stop to St. Maarten. Usually I am still full from breakfast and do not eat lunch. The fish tacos looked good when I was there last time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think we will eat lunch there on our stop to St. Maarten. Usually I am still full from breakfast and do not eat lunch. The fish tacos looked good when I was there last time.

That is pretty much what we ended up doing most of the time.  Water taxi to town early, shop, (pick up a new hat 😉 )..walk around, pick up our liquor (best prices and selection still at town pier just before the taxis), and back to ship for uncrowded ship lunch.  🙂 

Though the last two times, we have done a guided food and history tour around the whole island starting at the Dutch cheese shop.  Great excursion, limited to 10-12 customers.  Great fun!  Booked online, not through the ship.  Not sure if offered now.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just spoke to the eye infirmary and finally I am booked in tomorrow at 14.45pm to get a cataract operation.

I had a phacovitrectomy op on my other eye in February and hopefully this will finally balance my eye's.

Graham.

Best wishes with the procedure tomorrow.    😍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ok - which one of you New Yorkers won the $432 Mega Millions jackpot.   heard the winning ticket was sold at a Pronto Pizza shop in Manhattan.    

@DaniDanielle @Luckynana @lenquixote66 or anyone else?     

Oh man...I keep forgetting to check my tickets.  Though in all fairness....I usually only play one ticket every 10-12 months anyway.  😉  

Soooo...I guess this keeps Florida peeps in the poor house yet.  😄 

• Haha 1

Celebrity is restricting St Martin to ship's excursion only. Can go out in port area but not outside anywhere beyond unless one has a Celebrity excusion. This was not so on our July cruise. Good that Royal Caribbean is allowing "on your own" at St Martin.

Good for the gander but not for the goose? What goes?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is pretty much what we ended up doing most of the time.  Water taxi to town early, shop, (pick up a new hat 😉 )..walk around, pick up our liquor (best prices and selection still at town pier just before the taxis), and back to ship for uncrowded ship lunch.  🙂 

Though the last two times, we have done a guided food and history tour around the whole island starting at the Dutch cheese shop.  Great excursion, limited to 10-12 customers.  Great fun!  Booked online, not through the ship.  Not sure if offered now.  

I have never been on a water taxi anywhere.One of the best reasons for going to a Caribbean island for me was to walk from the port to downtown .Even as recently as 2017 when I was walking with a cane I still walked from the port in St.Maarten to downtown.Many of the locals told me that I would not be able to do it and I took it as a challenge.

• Like 4