Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Does seem a bit odd now though...since now all pax are required to be vaxxed.  Wonder why they are still designating areas for vaxxed......isn't that everyone now?  🤔

Everybody except the kids I guess.  I don't get it either.  Still have to wear wristbands and from what I have read they still have bars designated vaxed (with bar stools) and unvaxed (no bar seating)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Everybody except the kids I guess.  I don't get it either.  Still have to wear wristbands and from what I have read they still have bars designated vaxed (with bar stools) and unvaxed (no bar seating)

This is all still correct. The rule is only 12 and up must be vaxxed, since kids can’t be vaxxed yet. Even if you are vaxxed as a parent, you can only go to designated “everyone” areas if your kids are with you.  Those areas require a mask since an unvaxxed kid could be a carrier. All shows that we will attend have designated vaccinated shows that don’t require a mask. Wristband this week is white. I’m not sure of this, but I don’t think you can get a wristband if you are vaxxed but have kids in your party. 

• Like 2

you still get a wristband cause you can still go to vaxed bars/shows if kids are not with you, for instance grandma takes them while you go etc.  we just got back from Symphony and we had grandparents, two children under 12 not vaccinated and two parents, all adults of course had to be vax.  What a great time.  we had ship to ourselves!  They said they will be adding passengers as each wekk goes till full again by December I believe, but things can change depending on virus and mutations etc.  There were only like 1000 passengers on our ship that normally has 6000 passengers.  Crazy, spoiled for life.  Had great attention from staff which was more than passengers.  Ate at the specialty restaurants, kids could go, but usually had meals outside seating.  A lot of activities were closed down like laser tag, and number of shows was very limited.  But did not have any issues with covid.   Kids tested before boarding and at end of 6 night trip again..  Adults could certainly bring virus onboard since test results are up to 3 days before sailing.  That is a worry, but we did great thank goodness.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jackpotter said:

you still get a wristband cause you can still go to vaxed bars/shows if kids are not with you, for instance grandma takes them while you go etc.  we just got back from Symphony and we had grandparents, two children under 12 not vaccinated and two parents, all adults of course had to be vax.  What a great time.  we had ship to ourselves!  They said they will be adding passengers as each wekk goes till full again by December I believe, but things can change depending on virus and mutations etc.  There were only like 1000 passengers on our ship that normally has 6000 passengers.  Crazy, spoiled for life.  Had great attention from staff which was more than passengers.  Ate at the specialty restaurants, kids could go, but usually had meals outside seating.  A lot of activities were closed down like laser tag, and number of shows was very limited.  But did not have any issues with covid.   Kids tested before boarding and at end of 6 night trip again..  Adults could certainly bring virus onboard since test results are up to 3 days before sailing.  That is a worry, but we did great thank goodness.  

So then why does everyone have to wear a wristband if they are even giving them to parents with unvaxed kids?  Still not getting it

• Like 1

So today I called Royal and cancelled our 9.26 sailing on Oasis (Eric is not thrilled with some of the protocols).   We moved the funds to a new booking for Anthem OTS on 2.27 and even get a $366 refund.   

Next I will be switching our Barbados cruise on Grandeur to Anthem 1.20.21 cruise for the 11 night sailing.     Saw a lot of new cabins open up for sale in the last couple of days.     Suspect they are increasing capacity.      I was going to do both today but after being on the phone with Royal for about an hour this afternoon I couldn't bring myself to do another switch.  

It saddens me to switch the Barbados sailing but after reading the new health protocols for Barbados and Eric especially won't be able to deal with a mask on the 6 hr flight plus the coupe of hours of mask wearing in airport before and after flight.     wouldn't be a pleasant travel experience so we will do the barbados sailing in 2023 or whenever no masks are needed on planes, but excited for the itinerary for the 11 night anthem sailing as we love all those islands and look forward to our first visit of San Juan.      And best of all we will get to meet both of you @DaniDanielle

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I can't even access Cruise Critic on my phone.🤷‍♀️  I go onto Play store on my android and can't seem to find it.

Forget the CC app. I did not like it at all and deleted it. I simply open a web browser in my phone and go to the website. It is much better than the app for posting photos, too.

I almost always come here on my phone these days.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Does seem a bit odd now though...since now all pax are required to be vaxxed.  Wonder why they are still designating areas for vaxxed......isn't that everyone now?  🤔

Not as long as they keep letting people under 12 aboard. I think RCI forgets who it is aboard that own the credit cards.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So today I called Royal and cancelled our 9.26 sailing on Oasis (Eric is not thrilled with some of the protocols).   We moved the funds to a new booking for Anthem OTS on 2.27 and even get a $366 refund.   

Next I will be switching our Barbados cruise on Grandeur to Anthem 1.20.21 cruise for the 11 night sailing.     Saw a lot of new cabins open up for sale in the last couple of days.     Suspect they are increasing capacity.      I was going to do both today but after being on the phone with Royal for about an hour this afternoon I couldn't bring myself to do another switch.  

It saddens me to switch the Barbados sailing but after reading the new health protocols for Barbados and Eric especially won't be able to deal with a mask on the 6 hr flight plus the coupe of hours of mask wearing in airport before and after flight.     wouldn't be a pleasant travel experience so we will do the barbados sailing in 2023 or whenever no masks are needed on planes, but excited for the itinerary for the 11 night anthem sailing as we love all those islands and look forward to our first visit of San Juan.      And best of all we will get to meet both of you @DaniDanielle

Yay for us😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With that look I'm sure Gpa will give her whatever she wants :😍

@ArzeenaGo for it little girl! I am sure G pa will not object!😁

(CC not letting me put multiple quotes tonight)

Sharon and I got to to babysit Corrie, Lottie and Zander over the weekend while their parents went to a concert in Fayetteville.  Corrie as an arsenal of looks so Gpa likes to spoil her but not always.  I love vacations with the kids.  When we were leaving Lakeside a couple of weeks ago Caden came into my room.. He said, Gpa, I can’t figure out which is best, Disney or Lakeside.  He paused thinking 🤔 then said, I think Disney would be a lot less without family.  Love hearing family already means so much to him.  So thankful for a loving family.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Sounds like a great plan, Debbie.  You and Eric will be much happier driving to the Port than having to sit at an airport and then fly for 6 hours wearing a mask.

Plus Barbados just set new rule that test before flight then everyone, vaxxed and unvaxxed, arriving must go to one of their designated quarantine hotels get tested then when results are back the next day you are allowed to leave hotel if negative.  So much for pre cruise plans for barbados.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Forget the CC app. I did not like it at all and deleted it. I simply open a web browser in my phone and go to the website. It is much better than the app for posting photos, too.

I almost always come here on my phone these days.

I've never had any luck with the CC app also. I do like you do with a browser on my phone. Glad now I know that I'm not the only one who had trouble.

• Like 3