Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank goodness. What only 48 hours after you were suppose to be home? I bet you are exhausted. Sleep well you need a break.

Actually we were supposed to be back Saturday night at 10pm. Plus side we got to explore Miami more and enjoy family time.  But yes, exhausted.  I have a feeling we will sleep in tomorrow.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I just found (after quite a search…curse you Steve Jobs) a photo I took early in the morning at Ft. Lauderdale back in November 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.18f24f4c95c612de07c0070d22e9e864.jpeg

That is a great photo. A wall hanger!  I love the clouds, the sunset, and the colors in the water.  Beautiful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

O class ships don't have a deck 13 either.

It is 8.25am 60°F sunny and dry and we are getting ready to go to church.

Only P&O oldest ship  Aurora has a deck 13 which is their (Top) Sun deck.

All their other ships do not have a deck 13.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are home!  When we came into the kitchen there sat a big bouquet of flowers left there by our younger daughter with a note that said, Welcome Home.  We love you.

image.thumb.jpeg.12f176a7b94f70742ea58adf9339bb34.jpeg

Pleased you have finally got home.

The flowers are a nice thought from your dear younger daughter.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A question to our "down under" 😁 friends,

What's the latest about restart cruising from your country?

@aussielozzie18

@Missusdubbya

@GUT2407

🌼

Perhaps domestic cruises from December,  fingers crossed! Thanks for asking after us Dani 😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You should enjoy walking around Curaçao. It’s beautiful.  We would enjoy visiting there again.  We have not been to Aruba.  Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about it. 😎

Aruba is an awesome island. It has great beaches if that is what you are into. I love to explore. Aruba has a fascinating topography. The side of the island away from the port looks like how I would envision being on the moon. 

I love visiting there.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How was your day in St. Thomas?

Excellent!

Weather was lovely. No showers. Coki Beach was great. The water was just wonderful. 

We are in St Martin today. I believe we have been docked since an hour or so and came in earlier than the 7 am eta.

Haven't thought of what we will do today, but will start by walking downtown and then going to a beach.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I received those on the last cruise and I just ignored them. We you in the Crown & Compass Pub tonight?

we go to the pub for HH around 500, usually sit outside.  I have a blue rollator. WE eat about 700 in MTD.

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Excellent!

Weather was lovely. No showers. Coki Beach was great. The water was just wonderful. 

We are in St Martin today. I believe we have been docked since an hour or so and came in earlier than the 7 am eta.

Haven't thought of what we will do today, but will start by walking downtown and then going to a beach.

What were the rules for mask wearing on St. Thomas?

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What were the rules for mask wearing on St. Thomas?

They told us on the ship and they had posters all over in town. In taxies, etc, "no mask no service by order of the government blah blah blah". They did not enforce it or even suggest it to those who did not comply. You did not have to wear it on the beach. 

On the open air taxi from the ship to the beach, I would say most of us wore it, except for a couple. On the way back dh and I were the only two masked😷.  In the stores that I visited, it was half and half, and no one was enforcing masks. We also visited Coral world......I would say 99 percent were in masks in indoor areas, even children.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NHProud said:

I think Hyacinth would have spelled it Bouquet .

True.

I don't know why I've tried to write it "Bukee", thinking that I'll add " l'accent aigu sur e", but I couldn't on my IPhone....

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just saw a rerun of that episode a couple weeks ago.    I believe that is the one where she had Richard tell the delivery truck to keep driving around the block

Round and round the truck went, until it collided and the "suite" was lost 😁

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Dani- It seems that you have enjoyed Keeping Up Appearances. My DH and I used to laugh so much with that show ! Actually, a former sister-in-law was very much like dear Hyacinth. We endured many “candlelight suppers” at her house. Maybe that is why we got such a kick out of the show. We could relate to Mrs Bucket (aka Bouquet)😳

Very much, but, alas, it seems that we missed on the QE2 one

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

One of our favourite episodes was when they were sailing on the QE2.

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Yes, Graham!   We so enjoyed that one too!

Great that Hyacinth and Onslow were taking a turn on the dance floor together !

I think we also liked that episode as we sailed on the QE2 from NYC to Southampton in August of 2001. We will never forget that wonderful voyage and our stay in London !

Oy vey, we missed it !!

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I would watch Hyacinth every day if I could. She’s marvelous!!

+1 

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that's a great episode with her sister and Onslow getting the VIP treatment and she thinks their stowaways.

-- 😢

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

True.

I don't know why I've tried to write it "Bukee", thinking that I'll add " l'accent aigu sur e", but I couldn't on my IPhone....

Round and round the truck went, until it collided and the "suite" was lost 😁

Very much, but, alas, it seems that we missed on the QE2 one

Oy vey, we missed it !!

+1 

-- 😢

Not sure if this will work for you but here is a clip of the episode called Sea Fever from YouTube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks fantastic. We have a BBQ place near us that does pork BBQ Nachos and it is so good.

It was way more than enough (and was actually an appetizer!) for both of us for lunch.  Really happy we did not get that side of Oysters along with it!  😮 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby is still in great pain.She is going to the surgeon next Tuesday.Mallory is taking the MRI Monday night.

Thanks for asking.😀

I hope Toby can get relief from the pain and an answer and permanent cure for what’s causing it. 
Monday night is getting closer and I’m praying Mallory’s MRI result shows no malignancy. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 5

Good afternoon.

We had a nice church service this morning then an hour looking out to sea with our coffee's and hot chocolate before going to the local shopping outlet for several birthday cards.

It is 55°F and cloudy now and we have just eaten lunch in our conservatory.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are home!  When we came into the kitchen there sat a big bouquet of flowers left there by our younger daughter with a note that said, Welcome Home.  We love you.

image.thumb.jpeg.12f176a7b94f70742ea58adf9339bb34.jpeg

I’ll bet that was just what you needed!

A warm and loving welcome. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

we go to the pub for HH around 500, usually sit outside.  I have a blue rollator. WE eat about 700 in MTD.

I think it was around that time. I walked up to the end of the bar and asked for 5 waters. There was a couple near the end that I thought sort of looked like you.

Dani , you are a linguist .  How many languages do you speak ?  Your written English is perfect .  I only knew that because French was my first language which I don’t speak anymore.   

Those old British series are hilarious eg Waiting for God and Faulty Towers. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We would love to come to Australia and cruise around Australia.

Graham.

Bucky and I were just talking about that.  We were supposed to be on Serenade earlier this year, going to Tasmania, NZ, South Pacific Islands, and yes....the "Circumnavigate" tour of the whole country of Australia.  That followed by the TP to Hawaii.  Was sooo bummed when that was cancelled.  

Have rebooked for 2023, but this time it is Radiance and they don't do the Circumnavigate cruise.  😞  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A question to our "down under" 😁 friends,

What's the latest about restart cruising from your country?

@aussielozzie18

@Missusdubbya

@GUT2407

🌼

It’s still very much up in the air, but I’m really not expecting anything this season, especially for overseas visitors, some are hopeful for limitited cruises early next year but Aussies and NZers only and only Aussie ports. Personally I’m not expecting wide scale OS visitors allowed in till mid 2022 at earliest and doubt cruising will kick off prior to that. 

Our “normal” cruise season is Oct-April and I think best case is restart next Oct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky and I were just talking about that.  We were supposed to be on Serenade earlier this year, going to Tasmania, NZ, South Pacific Islands, and yes....the "Circumnavigate" tour of the whole country of Australia.  That followed by the TP to Hawaii.  Was sooo bummed when that was cancelled.  

Have rebooked for 2023, but this time it is Radiance and they don't do the Circumnavigate cruise.  😞  

The circumnavigation of Aus is an absolute dream cruise, sure you still only see a time portion of this huge land, but it is still a wonderful cruise. We did it Princess, booked to do it again with Cunard, had to cancel due to health, booked with Royal Caribbean and Covid cancelled that one. P&O Aus are offering one early 2024 but price looks a tad high to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We would love to come to Australia and cruise around Australia.

Graham.

Us too,  a trip down under (our first) was a dream retirement holiday but retirements' come and gone and we spent it in the UK...

• Like 6