Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Always good to get a rental when cruising out of PC

If we were doing an extended stay and wanted to go to Disney World we would get a rental. Been there done that. No need for us as we would only be doing a one night pre cruise stay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Like this, nope

Screenshot_20211108-212415_Google.thumb.jpg.c40e3e90179d5743efc8007215979d41.jpg

Could save your life, people with issues with snoring die in their Sleep. Look up the name "Reggie White". Also when using a Cpap Machine you will get a better night's sleep. "Sleep Apnea"

Could be as simple as this if you sleep with your mouth closed

Sleep Doctor Offers Tips for Safe CPAP Use Amid COVID Pandemic – Einstein  Perspectives

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If we were doing an extended stay and wanted to go to Disney World we would get a rental. Been there done that. No need for us as we would only be doing a one night pre cruise stay. 

Just a cheap transport to Pt Canaveral, then transportation to beach, Publix, dinner etc...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Could save your life, people with issues with snoring die in their Sleep. Look up the name "Reggie White". Also when using a Cpap Machine you will get a better night's sleep. "Sleep Apnea"

Could be as simple as this if you sleep with your mouth closed

Sleep Doctor Offers Tips for Safe CPAP Use Amid COVID Pandemic – Einstein  Perspectives

Seriously, thanks. But I have done the sleep study. I don't have Sleep Apnea. The technician was amazed I slept so well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Question for all of you who have moved cross country…is there a map or app that allows you to plot distances/drive and pinpoints?

meaning if I route our drive from CO to FL, it’s estimated to take 31 hours. Is there a map functionality that lets you pick towns 10 hours or so apart to plan for overnight stays? 🤔

Ask AAA for a Trip Tik. 😉

Travel old school

image.png.3caddaebb12835fd0735dcb14e44ce9c.png

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Question for all of you who have moved cross country…is there a map or app that allows you to plot distances/drive and pinpoints?

meaning if I route our drive from CO to FL, it’s estimated to take 31 hours. Is there a map functionality that lets you pick towns 10 hours or so apart to plan for overnight stays? 🤔

Just use google maps, put in your starting address and final destination.   Then right click on the route add destination to that spot................then go back and cancel your final destination. This will give you a good idea how long it would take you to get to Point B. Say it turns out to be like 8 hours, then you know you can add the destination alittle further down the original route plan.

That will give you an idea of the distance from Point A to Point B your 10 hour spot.

For your drive figure on ,3 stopping points B, C and D.  Points A, B, C and D as your final destination.

Looks like the first 10 hour mark will be somewhere in Missouri on I-70

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Seriously, thanks. But I have done the sleep study. I don't have Sleep Apnea. The technician was amazed I slept so well. 

Curious how long ago were you checked? Things can change. They even have at home testing kits now you  can use. No need to go to any Sleep Centers anymore.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if I lived in Florida I would probably only use the heat sometimes, too. But up here the heat gets a workout.😊

We use the cooled seats a lot in Florida.  Makes a big difference when first getting into a hot car.  I turned on heated seats a couple of days ago when it got down to about 50F.  I haven't even been here a year and my blood is already thinning.  🥶

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still taking advantage of the extremely balmy weather, we decided to walk (~15 min) to the "center" and eat a falafel at our favorite place, 1st time since Covid struck... 

Such a huge disappointment. I think they changed the recipe -- not even close to what we liked and remembered. One bite and I looked at DH, questioning. He said: "not tasty at all". We left all the meal. Pity.

On our way back, we passed a new pizza place. Decided to give it a try. We ordered, waited for a few mins, and took it home.

Not bad. DH liked it, I found it a bit salty.

But, we enjoyed so much walking the streets and seeing people out and about, enjoying the evening outside.

The falafel as we got it. Looks very promising.

Falafel.thumb.jpg.43ef241bbb1d6a598e3faee7e747f01f.jpg

Waiting for our pizza.

Falafel1.thumb.jpg.f0e1db4f0fc7bf8ee255184a10fd9c6a.jpg

And the end result 😁

Falafel2.thumb.jpg.d02764a5e04f1735321a3fb1b74783fa.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Sea Viewer said:

Yes they do, DH is addicted to getting them. Me, just use Google maps, he thinks I'm addicted to my phone! 

I just use my Garmin.  It not only finds the hotel, it tells me how to get there, reroutes my around congestion using real time information.

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I just use my Garmin.  It not only finds the hotel, it tells me how to get there, reroutes my around congestion using real time information.

use Garmin also,  DH was given one by his kids as a birthday present but it was" too complicated" so I acquired it. He thinks its magic how it knows where the traffic is!

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We snow skied on a glacier.   

We didn't ski on one, but using trekking poles walked around on one in Alaska. I've never snow-skied. Briefly learned to water ski when I was real young (being that my Dad and brother were into it plus we went boating all the time) but once the jellyfish started stinging (man, that sorta hurt!) that was the end of my foray into water skiing. Worst part was...noone believed me till later it was clearly evident that the water was full of them. Oh well, like my brother is fond of saying, "it builds character", or at least provides a source of interesting episodes to spin a yarn or two here on CC. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Do they still do that?

Ah, man, DW and I talk about those all the time. They were the best. They will still put something together but it's not the same. Then, of course, there are digital forms of them. Loved how you used to be able to open up the pages and there was interesting info about the area you're traveling through. I still have some from years back. 

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

is there a map or app that allows you to plot distances/drive and pinpoints?

I do most of my trip planning by just using google maps / directions on my laptop. Really easy to calculate distances between points. GPS and all that is fine, but we never travel without 'real' maps. Never know when you wind up in a dead zone. Funny that the old triptiks were mentioned here, since my wife and I were talking about those while on a recent road trip. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Curious how long ago were you checked? Things can change. They even have at home testing kits now you  can use. No need to go to any Sleep Centers anymore.

Ages ago, but I track sleep on my Samsung Gear, and I sleep perfect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Ask AAA for a Trip Tik. 😉

Travel old school

image.png.3caddaebb12835fd0735dcb14e44ce9c.png

OMG John, when I read Crystal's post I immediately thought of those AAA trip tiks.  So very helpful. Travel route highlighted with info about sites, hotels, restaurants, etc. Nobody is more old school than me. Alexa does NOT live with us! 😉

@singinalotCrystal, I remember how long ago your move to FL seemed.  It will be here before you know it!

@jagsfan Mimi so sorry your dr forgot about that important step pre-surgery.  No worries, my prayers are good for tomorrow also!!  A swift recovery for a successful surgery.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Jim must be thrilled to be driving again!     That is the best news, so happy to hear that "Mighty" Kennedy could be home for the holidays.    I am sure he will be a very spoiled little boy when he gets home 🥰    I will keep up the prayers and positive thoughts for him and his family. 

Thank you so much, Debbie❤️

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone seen the series on Netflix? It's called "YOU".  My wife and I have been watching, so far we have watched 2 seasons, about to start watching Season 3. Also just heard they have been signed up for a 4th season.

Interesting watch !  Can't stop watching it.

Any hint of what it's about?

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, Aqaba for Petra, Alexandria for Pyramids. 

Overnight in Alexandria as well

Laura definitely wants to see Jerusalem, but we should have a day for Tel Aviv.

Sounds interesting!

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I never really thought about people passing away on a cruise, other than the occasional jumpers.  But I understand every ship has a morgue that typically holds 3 to 6.

I guess that is one place they do not include in a ship tour.

We saw a woman with her luggage waiting to disembark on our Hawaiian cruise.  If I remember right, the woman's mother had passed away while onboard.  😟

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww...Mimi. 🥺

My heart goes out to you...and all the best wishes for a quick and perfect surgery, with an easy recovery with full remission.  🤗

+1  @Jagsfan.  I am so sorry to hear about this unfortunate delay, Mimi!  🙏🙏

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Still taking advantage of the extremely balmy weather, we decided to walk (~15 min) to the "center" and eat a falafel at our favorite place, 1st time since Covid struck... 

Such a huge disappointment. I think they changed the recipe -- not even close to what we liked and remembered. One bite and I looked at DH, questioning. He said: "not tasty at all". We left all the meal. Pity.

On our way back, we passed a new pizza place. Decided to give it a try. We ordered, waited for a few mins, and took it home.

Not bad. DH liked it, I found it a bit salty.

But, we enjoyed so much walking the streets and seeing people out and about, enjoying the evening outside.

The falafel as we got it. Looks very promising.

Falafel.thumb.jpg.43ef241bbb1d6a598e3faee7e747f01f.jpg

Waiting for our pizza.

Falafel1.thumb.jpg.f0e1db4f0fc7bf8ee255184a10fd9c6a.jpg

And the end result 😁

Falafel2.thumb.jpg.d02764a5e04f1735321a3fb1b74783fa.jpg

Looks so good! I love falafel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We used to love TripTiks.  You really felt like you were making progress when you turned the page!

Forgot about that😁

BTW, Laura gave me her phone number written on a Trip Tik page almost 40 years ago.😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been wanting  to try a TA.  I am hoping the hoops you have to jump through to travel overseas are gone soon.  We thought doing a TA on the way back would be a great way to adjust back to the time differences.

We tried to do a TA 3 times.  The first one, our friends cancelled, so silly that we are, we cancelled also.🧐  The second time, we were already packed, ready to go, when 3 days before our trip, I had gotten sick, and cancelled the plane the day before we were to fly to London, leaving Southampton for Iceland and Canada.😟  The saying is, third time is the charm.  Not in this case, though!  Our TA from Southampton on the Anthem was cancelled due to this darned Pandemic.🤐  All 3 times starting from Southampton, after touring London.  We have yet to get to London.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

We snow skied on a glacier.   Pretty cool stopping to look at that pure baby blue ice under the snow in spots.  🙂 

That had to be amazing, Pat!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Home from my booster shot.  Time will tell how I react🤪

Hope all will be well for you and Charlie.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Is vodka just as good as wine?😳

I would have to say, better than wine!  (especially since I'm not a big wine drinker)

• Like 5