Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happ to hear all is good and busy with life and future cruises.😍

We are doing a 22 night b2b on Anthem leaving Jan 9th, fingers and toes crossed.

This will be our first since feb 2020.  Eric already bought out our cruise luggage.

I'm sure the land yacht will sell quick!

Are you going to do the proctored tests at home or try to find somewhere to get tested?

Total frustration on getting through Walgreens online for test schedule.  Has been showing "tech errors" for days now.  CVS has blocked out the two days we need for our 48 hour prior test (12/31 and 1/1).  

With Google search, I found a MedFast walk in clinic near us.  Called and talked to the tech directly, can walk in without appointment for Antigen 15 minute test, no charge with insurance, and are open until 6 pm on 12/31 NYE.  🙂 

• Like 6

@h20skibum safe travels and have a wonderful vacation!

Good news here that Abby’s tummy troubles have resolved and she’s back to normal.  So barring a plague of locusts, Christmas might just go off as planned!  

There are only 8 of us this year.  Besides Andy and I, it’s  middle DD, SIL and their 2 little girls, our youngest DD, and my aunt.  Christmas Eve is at our house with prime rib dinner then gift opening.  Christmas Day brunch at middle DD’s house. Next weekend we all travel to PA to celebrate 2nd Christmas and New Years with our oldest DD, SIL and the 3 boys.  At least that’s the plan - but you know how that often goes, especially lately.  
Tonight is “cookie night” with everyone here & takeout food, an annual tradition since the girls were little, we bake & decorate sugar cookies & spritz cookies. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are hanging in.

I have a Parkinsons Therapy appointment this morning.Thankfully it is only 5 minutes away from here.

I hope it goes well for you Lenny this morning.

Thankfully your appointment is only 5 minutes from home.

It should take me just over 10 minutes to get to our hospital.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning from our Christmas vacation road trip.  I haven’t been on for a couple of days, so I will have to catch up while Susan takes her turn at the wheel. 

The last couple days were spent gathering everything we need for the next month, checking off the check list of 140 +/- items, and getting everything to fit in our sleigh.  It was a success, because I can even see out the back window. 

B7238EE1-4D7A-4C06-84E0-41811168C3E1.thumb.jpeg.103dc0dcc17535ce5a367fadd7df13b6.jpeg

Tonight, we will be staying in North Carolina at our favorite hotel at Christmas time.  They always have over the top decorations for Christmas. 

We are using the Waze app, and I activated the “drive with Santa” option, and our car shows up as a sleigh, with Santa giving us turning directions.  

1C619961-4429-48F4-A242-E8CD4A02C1B5.thumb.png.7a2ab5370abce0cd02928ca6b2f471f5.png

I set our first destination as the I79 rest stop in West Virginia, since that was about 2 hours into our drive.  

We both burst out laughing as we pulled in to the rest stop and Santa announced “You made it.  Now get in there and make some cookies!”

I use waze all the time and missed that feature.

The "cookies" made my day!!!!!

Have a safe trip.

Thanks for sharing.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didnt ask my doc.  I booked thru quest website on my own and insurance still covered it.  

Eric had asked his transplant doc about getting antibody test and she said dont bother just do everything you can to avoid exposure to covid and stay ontop of your vaccinations and boosters.

Sounds like Eric got good advice.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Arrived Atlanta yesterday, woke up to this🥶

20211223_084207.thumb.jpg.e6fc120da6816ec4f84dd4277138443b.jpg

Another reason why we live in FL😉

One sight we don't miss here in TX!

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

My son who's just recovered from covid says 90 days.  He had his booster booked for 5th Jan but has had to cancel.  I'm not sure if he's been told this officially or just read it on the internet 

Thanks for the info and glad your son's recovered!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest daughter’s family is headed to Disney today and will be there through Christmas. To "help" Santa out, our SIL called Santa and told him.  So Santa decided to come early and they opened gifts from Santa yesterday morning!  Zander and Corrie were so happy and now Santa doesn’t have to find them at Disney!

How exciting that Santa came early!  As a teenager my dad and his SO took our bunch to Disney for Christmas.  I can still remember running through the park on Christmas Day.  We were old enough to roam without the parents and back then no one, at least not on a rainy Christmas Day went to the parks on Christmas. 

@DaniDanielleSorry to hear about your granddaughter.  What a disappointment that she will miss spending the holidays with with the family in NC.

My FIL just found out that his neighbor has covid.  The neighbor had a small holiday get together on Sunday and now I would imagine everyone who attended is probably in a panic.  I know FIL got boosted, not sure about how many shots the neighbor had.  FIL's doctor offered to test him.  Even though RI opened extra testing this week he couldn't get an appointment.

@Momof3gurlzHope the little one recovers quickly.  And she did.  Must have been all those good wishes that protected her from getting sick!

@ReneeFLLI was thinking of you this morning when I was watering my orchids.  One is florishing and sending out a new flower shoot.  The other one, well, not so good.  It is down to about 3 leaves. 

I also have a question that you can probably answer.  What is the piece of equipment that is supposed to circulate/provide air in the plane's cabin when the plane is at the jetway?  I had to fly to Florida two weeks ago for an unexpected trip to check on my mother.  The plane had absolutly no air circulation and we spent a total of 2 hours sitting in that test tube between waiting to takeoff and then picking up more passengers in BWI and then a 45 minute delay.  Pilot kept us up to date on what was happening and apologized for issue but you could tell he was annoyed at the situation.  At one point the FA checked the air temp in the cabin.  It was a cozy 85 degrees and she was in the doorway.  That meant it was probably closer to 90 in my sunny window seat.  The airline will remain nameless but I bet Greg will know which one.😬   Only upside is that they responded to my sister's complaint within 24 hours and offered a voucher which covered about 75% of the total cost of the RT ticket.  

Ok, so I typed all that last night and it went poof.  Now here it is, the gremlins at CC sure are busy.

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I usually get to scrape ice off the windows at least once. This is a winterless year for us. 

Oh Mimi,  I feel terrible that you will not have that opportunity.  For us northerners we get to enjoy this task about 120 times each winter.  I will be thinking of you as I try to avoid frostbite this winter!

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27Graham, good luck tomorrow!

Got the good news that my daughter, son-in-law and grands are covid negative.  Major relief! Hope it stays that way!

Ex-son-in-law had a mild covid case which is also good news. Grands will be staying away from him for a while just to be sure.

With Christmas and cruises/trips so close for so many, wishing good health, covid free days ahead for all!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@grapau27Graham, good luck tomorrow!

Got the good news that my daughter, son-in-law and grands are covid negative.  Major relief! Hope it stays that way!

Ex-son-in-law had a mild covid case which is also good news. Grands will be staying away from him for a while just to be sure.

With Christmas and cruises/trips so close for so many, wishing good health, covid free days ahead for all!

Thank you Bonnie.

I'm really happy for you that your daughter,SIL and grands tested covid19 negative.

Graham.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:
On 12/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Arzeena said:

It’s going to be a warm 30c (84f) here in Sydney on Christmas Day.  Undeterred, my son just had this jumper express posted to him from London…

That sure looks like it will keep him warm!  I might need to order one. It’s only going to be 72°f here in Arkansas.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS1 brought very colorful shirts from Sri Lanka for his nephews and younger brother 😁

I like the shirts.  They would be nice for a cruise.

@grapau27 Hey Graham, I pray 🙏 all goes well for you and you feel fine to enjoy Christmas.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

My son who's just recovered from covid says 90 days.  He had his booster booked for 5th Jan but has had to cancel.  I'm not sure if he's been told this officially or just read it on the internet 

Earlier this week, when I got my booster, I mentioned I had Covid in July and the one giving me the shot said one can get the booster a few weeks later. Not that I would take this info as official.  But what I can tell you from experience is the day you get the booster, make sure you drink a chocolate milkshake!  It worked for me.  Sharon is going to get hers right now so maybe we can confirm the benefit of drinking a milkshake!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sure looks like it will keep him warm!  I might need to order one. It’s only going to be 72°f here in Arkansas.

I like the shirts.  They would be nice for a cruise.

@grapau27 Hey Graham, I pray 🙏 all goes well for you and you feel fine to enjoy Christmas.

Earlier this week, when I got my booster, I mentioned I had Covid in July and the one giving me the shot said one can get the booster a few weeks later. Not that I would take this info as official.  But what I can tell you from experience is the day you get the booster, make sure you drink a chocolate milkshake!  It worked for me.  Sharon is going to get hers right now so maybe we can confirm the benefit of drinking a milkshake!

Thank you Ozark Kid.

Graham

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How was his trip to Sri Lanka?

He really likes Sri Lanka. His second visit. The people, the food (mostly fresh fish and vegetables, he eats very healthy), cheap and the waves... were so good. Kid happy -- mom happy 💕

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanu your grandsons are just adorable!

Thanks, Deb. I tend to agree 😉

I came to "grandmotherhood" quite late (65 years when the 1st was born). Most of my friends were already "veterans" and raving about it. I admit, at times, I didn't understood what was the "fuss" ... 

NOW -- When one of them calls me: "Grannie", I'm melting and totally in awe of those tiny human beings in the making 💕

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Excellent new, Bonnie.

Amen to that.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We are getting ready for another B2B on Harmony (1/2 & 1/9) not to mention stressing out trying to get Covid tests scheduled for NYE for our 48 hours out!  😮 

We finally got our fcc straightened out and will be joining you on the 1/9 Harmony.  I hope we meet up.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Total frustration on getting through Walgreens online for test schedule.  Has been showing "tech errors" for days now.  CVS has blocked out the two days we need for our 48 hour prior test (12/31 and 1/1).  

With Google search, I found a MedFast walk in clinic near us.  Called and talked to the tech directly, can walk in without appointment for Antigen 15 minute test, no charge with insurance, and are open until 6 pm on 12/31 NYE.  🙂 

Last time we ordered home test from eMed but we are considering Walgreens this time.  Just to make sure, we are going to go visit Walgreens and another place later today to see if it will work out.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I usually get to scrape ice off the windows at least once. This is a winterless year for us. 

I remember getting up early for work and some times having to pour warm water over the windshield to get the ice off.  Now that I am retired It is usually melted by the time I get up. If not, I consider it to cold 🥶 to get out!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum safe travels and have a wonderful vacation!

Good news here that Abby’s tummy troubles have resolved and she’s back to normal.  So barring a plague of locusts, Christmas might just go off as planned!  

There are only 8 of us this year.  Besides Andy and I, it’s  middle DD, SIL and their 2 little girls, our youngest DD, and my aunt.  Christmas Eve is at our house with prime rib dinner then gift opening.  Christmas Day brunch at middle DD’s house. Next weekend we all travel to PA to celebrate 2nd Christmas and New Years with our oldest DD, SIL and the 3 boys.  At least that’s the plan - but you know how that often goes, especially lately.  
Tonight is “cookie night” with everyone here & takeout food, an annual tradition since the girls were little, we bake & decorate sugar cookies & spritz cookies. 

It’s always nice to hear good news!  It sounds like you have great family plans.  Baking cookies is a good tradition.

59 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy to hear your good news too.  It can be stressful.  I didn’t understand how the young ones were being affected by all of this until last week.  Already having a few family gatherings put on hold we all got together last weekend to celebrate Christmas.  When the meal was served the grandkids had their own table and the adults theirs to make room for 14.  Aubrey asked to give thanks at the kids table.  She gave thanks that we were all together then prayed no one gets sick.  She didn’t want to see us have to cut it short again.  

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember getting up early for work and some times having to pour warm water over the windshield to get the ice off.  Now that I am retired It is usually melted by the time I get up. If not, I consider it to cold 🥶 to get out!

I use to do that when I had one more vehicle than I had garage space  

I am hoping to miss some snow this year with our extended trip. Both our kids, their spouses and our grandkids will be at our house rental for the holidays.  Then we are on Oasis 1/2 and 1/9 sailings. After those, a leisurely drive back north with stops to visit family and friends along the way. 

Lunch was cinnamon roll pie. 🤤 

50ADC433-1E3F-4AD0-A436-6B526BB26752.thumb.jpeg.368246a600a7cce2a18a5c473eef45ce.jpeg

Now we are off to see Mayberry. Can’t believe how many times we drove by it and never thought to stop. 

I think I found my sign for the next few weeks. 

C4C63D35-597B-476B-8F21-15178086E788.thumb.jpeg.51403acc1b73f9ebfa57f9816a958d4d.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2