Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn just seen the news that The Queen has tested positive to Covid.  Mild symptoms and she is planning to continue with light duties.  Her work ethic/commitment to her Royal duties is amazing.  Hope you & Her Majesty recover quickly.

I heard that this morning on the news. I hope she does well.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I have 2 of these in the corner of the pantry on the floor, stacked, with all of the tupperware, gladware, ziploc containers and lids in them. These are from the Container store, but Home Depot has even better ones. 

133010-our-basic-stack-basket-white.jpg

Thanks for the info!  Oh I know these bins very well.  Years ago they held lots of my daughter's toys.  Unfortunately, I have no room in my apt for such bins.  My pantry floor is taken up with water bottles, paper towels, soda.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Oh my, I  hasn't seen the news. Oh dear . She was looking very frail in pictures a few days ago 

Best wishes to Her Majesty

I add my best wishes to Queen Elizabeth for a full recovery.  I also think the death of her beloved husband did her in a bit.  Very understandable.  I can see why Her Majesty is so well loved.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

She was. I was amazed how much weight she seems to have lost. Joining in the best of wishes.

OTOH, Sue, you're in excellent company -- Prince Charles, the King of Spain, the Queen of Denmark... Wishing you a swift recovery, and to Gary -- stay negative 😉

Graham & Pauline ( @grapau27) -- hopefully you were not impacted by "Eunice". Dreadful weather, this global warming...

Thank you Dani for your concern.

It has been windy and raining here but so far we have not been affected like other parts of the country.

Graham.

• Like 5

So I have not been on here in a few days, and it took me awhile to catch up.

Read a few others on CC, but saved this one for today.

So randomly I will share my flashback thoughts.

First of all congratulations to Owen on grades as well as MVP by game and his coaches.

Now Mr. Sea Dog,

I must tell you a quick story that may come in handy.

I walk the mall with a lady older than me (yup that happens on occasion), and she walks the mall with her cane in hand.  Now mind you she had a total knee almost one year ago.

So I ask her why she carries it.............................she goes to let others know not to run into me, I don't need it but some people are in a hurry and will plow into you at your expense.

I chuckled, but then she goes.

After I was done with my PT, my therapist told me, to resume all activities, because I was better off now than I was before surgery.  She goes, but avoid ice at all cost, because one wrong slip or slide can set you back.   My therapist said the only ice you should encounter should be surrounded by Bourbon.

To those with health issues, all my prayers.

Telemarketers.

We have a land line in addition to our cells.

I average now 2-3 robocalls a day, and usually one talker.

When it was the medicare enrollment period I had over 10 a day.

Some of my best one liners or comments when they call and ask for my DH.

"He is in the bathroom" and he could be in there all day

"He is due to get out of prison next week"

or sometimes 

I ask if they take "The one direction card as payment"  (Our social welfare card).

When I am really on a roll I start screaming into the phone, ". . .Now Jasper, don't you dare put the cat in the toilet, Jasper, get out of that bathroom, Jasper put the cat down. . . . ."

If it is for an extended car warranty, I tell them the car was repossessed.  

When they ask for money for the policemans fund in another city in the state, I give them the number of our local station, and ask if they could share the wealtlh.

If they are selling windows I go we rent and give them the phone number of another window place and tell them that number are the owners.

Only one time I got busted  giving a tall story, when it was a legit call to support our schools fundraiser years ago, when our DD was in HS.  The caller was on the committee  and knew us.  We laughed.

Thats all folks.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Update on yesterday’s game, to today. Owen’s team won 4/3 and he got a short handed goal.  He broke up the play in his end, stole and puck and skated in on the other team’s goalie. Owen shot on the net and the goalie saved it. Owen then fell down while going for rebound. From his knees Owen got the rebound and shot the puck past the goalie and into the net. Short handed goal.

Then Mother Nature came in and ruined the fun. Games were called off with road closures and some teams were stuck at arenas, until early evening last night. That’s the joy of rural community living. For Owen’s game at 6pm the other team actually cancelled. When it was all said and done Owen’s team ranked a couple points out of plays offs today. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m afraid to ask. I’m curious but not sure I want to google it. Hoping my curiosity doesn’t get the best of me. 😁

Go for it, search it on you tube.   Never seen anything like it. 🙂  It's from the State of Florida.

Edited by Jimbo

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Graham, got the pcr results early this morning, positive for me, negative for Gary. I have to self isolate till Tuesday,  then if negative for two days can stop. Wondering if the announcement tomorrow will end the legal requirement.  It would be nice to walk the dog in the woods where I can 100% stay away from people

Sorry to hear you’re positive. Funny how one person can get it, but family members don’t. I’m glad you have cold symptoms rather than flu. 
Hope you get over it quickly and your isolation goes fast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This morning Owen woke with a temperature and feeling off. Shortly thereafter we had this result below, with some rapid home tests.  Since he hasn’t been to school since Wednesday so this gift was from the hockey tourney.  It’s the only place Lisa and I have been as well.

We have a provincial holiday on Monday so he will only miss school on Tuesday to Thursday and one hockey game. We all have to isolate to Thursday evening, but I can work from home and Lisa is a stay at home mom. This sucks. 

Edit, I guess Owen is in good company with the Queen. 

981F6CD6-CCB2-42DC-8B13-9E4E8E914720.thumb.jpeg.d35cfef4ba3b237413d84d9be3bf341c.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This morning Owen woke with a temperature and feeling off. Shortly thereafter we had this result below, with some rapid home tests.  Since he hasn’t been to school since Wednesday so this gift was from the hockey tourney.  It’s the only place Lisa and I have been as well.

We have a provincial holiday on Monday so he will only miss school on Tuesday to Thursday and one hockey game. We all have to isolate to Thursday evening, but I can work from home and Lisa is a stay at home mom. This sucks. 

981F6CD6-CCB2-42DC-8B13-9E4E8E914720.thumb.jpeg.d35cfef4ba3b237413d84d9be3bf341c.jpeg

So sorry, Hope you and your wife don't turn up positive in a day or two too.

Is there a place in your home Owen can isolate from the both of you?

Have you contacted the hockey tourney people?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well that does suck.  I hope everyone has mild symptoms and glad he will only miss one game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Edit, I guess Owen is in good company with the Queen. 

At least it will most likely be mild.  Make sure you and Lisa give him lots of hugs so you catch it and get that golden PCR test so you can travel freely.....as I sit here at the airport with Sarah waiting for our flight south.

• Like 9

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

At least it will most likely be mild.  Make sure you and Lisa give him lots of hugs so you catch it and get that golden PCR test so you can travel freely.....as I sit here at the airport with Sarah waiting for our flight south.

See u soon!!  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have watched curling each evening.  That is the one sport I really enjoy watching.

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon really likes watching curling too.  She lived awhile in North Dakota where she learned to like it.

I'm very intrigued by curling. It seems like a cross of shuffle board, bocce ball with a touch of chess-like strategy thrown in.  I've watched several Ends here & there but not sure I can watch an entire match. I feel like it'll take 17.5 hours to complete😉

I also found out there is a Curling Club about 45 minutes from me  - just around the corner as far a I'm concerned - and they have special tryout dates, no experience necessary. They also have several "Curling and Cocktail" nights for mere $35  where you get 1 hour of instruction with drinks before, during and after. Now that's a deal!  Unfornatley, the "curling season" only runs from Oct-April which means it'll be over before you know it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for that Lenny.  I enjoyed it.  When the song ended, it went to another video of them playing Shine On You Crazy Diamond.  Also very enjoyable.  The brother playing the electric guitar does an excellent job of imitating David Gilmour.

There are about 10 videos of them on you tube.Glad that you liked it.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

A Sunday Samantha picture.  Her body is starting to catch up to her tail.

1003961139_Samantha4.thumb.jpeg.4ca8de3ba3616773a0a6978f0a8ceabc.jpeg

A friend of mine had a cat named Duncan.Duncan’s tail was almost as big as the rest of him and it was very heavy.He would sit on top of the TV ,hit the screen with the tail and the TV would go off.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm very intrigued by curling. It seems like a cross of shuffle board, bocce ball with a touch of chess-like strategy thrown in.  I've watched several Ends here & there but not sure I can watch an entire match. I feel like it'll take 17.5 hours to complete😉

I also found out there is a Curling Club about 45 minutes from me  - just around the corner as far a I'm concerned - and they have special tryout dates, no experience necessary. They also have several "Curling and Cocktail" nights for mere $35  where you get 1 hour of instruction with drinks before, during and after. Now that's a deal!  Unfornatley, the "curling season" only runs from Oct-April which means it'll be over before you know it.

I wish there was a club near us.  I would like to watch.  I don't think I am flexible enough anymore to actually participate in anything other then the drinks.  LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I wish there was a club near us.  I would like to watch.  I don't think I am flexible enough anymore to actually participate in anything other then the drinks.  LOL

I'm definitely not flexible enough. I'd need the off-season of April - Oct to get myself in some kind of reasonable shape. 😉

• Like 1