Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Not legally, its isolate at home until two clear days from day 5 or if still positive at day 10 can end isolation 

Can only leave if can't get a food delivery or need urgent medical supplies/care

My son is coming over in his lunch hour so she'll get one walk today 

I think if I'm still positive by Thursday when restrictions lift I'll take her for a walk in woods. It's easy to avoid the few people who may be there 

I'm feel 95% fine now anyway 👍

Sending you and your family my best wishes for a quick recovery Sue.

Graham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have that same outlook. I don't get why some people upgrade their phones every year. If the phone makes calls, connects to the internet,  can text, email, play my music,  take good pictures, and has reasonable battery life then I'm good.

I put my last Samsung on top of the laundry basket to bring down and by mistake bundled it into the washing machine along with the clothes. 😱

Realised after a few minutes but it was too late . Luckily I was due an upgrade 

I am using it more and more . Spotify is great for the gym, have books on my kindle app and audio books on audible app plus BBC Sounds app which is amazing 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I put my last Samsung on top of the laundry basket to bring down and by mistake bundled it into the washing machine along with the clothes. 😱

Realised after a few minutes but it was too late . Luckily I was due an upgrade 

I am using it more and more . Spotify is great for the gym, have books on my kindle app and audio books on audible app plus BBC Sounds app which is amazing 

I didn't do it with my phone, but my ear buds went for a trip through the laundry when I left them in the pockets of a pair of pants. As hard as I tried I could not bring them back to life.

• Like 1

Well after all those inches of snow we received these last few weeks, it has to started to melt. We live close to Squaw Creek Country Club (rte 193) in Ohio and the stream coming off the mini lake is like a river, that you could go on in a kayak.  This alert keeps setting off the home weather alarm.

Watch

Flood

February 22nd, 10:00 AM EST

...flood watch remains in effect through late tonight... * what...flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible. * where...holmes, knox, mahoning, stark, trumbull, and wayne counties in northern ohio. crawford county in northwest pennsylvania. * when...through late tonight. * impacts...excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. * additional details... - rainfall amounts of 0.75 to 1 inch today on top of already saturated ground and recently high flow on waterways may result in flooding. - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood precautionary/preparedness actions... you should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop. &&
Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

So day 5 of symptoms I can do the first test (of two) to release, but it still shows positive ☹️

Gary now shows a faint second line

My SIL still shows positive

My nephew (her son) now positive

My neice  (different side of family from SIL) also positive after attending a wedding in Dublin

My DIL also now shows positive 😥

The only good thing if Gary does have covid is I won't have to isolate in the bedroom any more  and will be able to use the whole house 

Not sure what we are going to do about exercising Molly

Announcement yesterday is that from Thursday there is no legal requirement to isolate, it is replaced with an advisory to stay at home 

They are also doing away with free testing apart from the vulnerable. So after April we have to pay for tests 

Hang in there! I hope you get over this thing quick. So sorry about the rest of the family. What a pain.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have that same outlook. I don't get why some people upgrade their phones every year. If the phone makes calls, connects to the internet,  can text, email, play my music,  take good pictures, and has reasonable battery life then I'm good.

I only upgrade when they (Apple iPhone) upgrade their camera. Everything else stays good without upgrading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rough night last night sleeping. I could never get comfortable. My upper thigh is still very sore and I was hurting from therapy. 

Linda and I started “Yellowstone” after hearing great things about it. Started at season 1 episode 1, pretty intense at times.

Finally got the pups to sit still long enough to get a pic in. They are growing.

7BB332E2-AF0E-42B1-A081-0FF6540E516B.thumb.jpeg.33e47f1b5ffe4889ad5ff8ac6e7d6d3b.jpeg

• Like 23

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Wed,  the high in NY will be 63. 🙂

But then dropping to 22 at night. I love these 40 degree temperature changes in less than 24 hours. 

Something just not right about NY being warmer than Texas in February!!  I laugh when I see people here all bundled up in heavy winter jackets when the temps are in the 50s-60s. 😃

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

So day 5 of symptoms I can do the first test (of two) to release, but it still shows positive ☹️

My neice  (different side of family from SIL) also positive after attending a wedding in Dublin

The only good thing if Gary does have covid is I won't have to isolate in the bedroom any more  and will be able to use the whole house 

Announcement yesterday is that from Thursday there is no legal requirement to isolate, it is replaced with an advisory to stay at home 

They are also doing away with free testing apart from the vulnerable. So after April we have to pay for tests 

Goodness, your family was hit hard with covid.  I hope you all have mild cases and are done with it soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hopefully everyone will get better very soon.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

+1

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Rough night last night sleeping. I could never get comfortable. My upper thigh is still very sore and I was hurting from therapy. 

Linda and I started “Yellowstone” after hearing great things about it. Started at season 1 episode 1, pretty intense at times.

Finally got the pups to sit still long enough to get a pic in. They are growing.

7BB332E2-AF0E-42B1-A081-0FF6540E516B.thumb.jpeg.33e47f1b5ffe4889ad5ff8ac6e7d6d3b.jpeg

A little joy amongst the pain. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have never been one that needed the newest phone.  Like previous phones, the S7 was petty much gone. 

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I also don't subscribe to the "bigger is better" mentality. My S8 is the perfect size for my hand which is why I didn't go with the S22 plus. 

Like you, I was not quick to get a smart phone. This S8 was my first one. Though now I really can't function without one.

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I only upgrade when they (Apple iPhone) upgrade their camera. Everything else stays good without upgrading.

I was also very "slow" with changing phones. Only changed when one of the kids got one from work or upgraded, aka "hand me down". I don't like the big ones, they're heavy for me.

Here is the "evolution" of my phones, until I got one brand new for my 70th b'day 🤪

20220222_161618 (002).jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am patiently waiting to have my Margarita this afternoon.  We shall see if I make it that long🤪

Breakfast Margaritas are always in the menu on this house!👍

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

@Ocean Boy

OB. It’s frustrating the cost of new phones. 

But I am willing to assist anyone needing a replacement phone from my collection. 

Take your pick from the ones shown below. 
Come with chargers / batteries. 

Price negotiable. 

402A355D-22F8-4855-A91D-AE5EC707491C.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 12

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm an iPhone guy and update to every other model.  I wait until my current phone is fully paid off and then upgrade, which results in me still making about the same monthly payment (sometimes less if a better family package is available).  I'm also in the bigger is better camp.  For iPhones, the bigger models (Max) typically have better cameras, which is my primary concern.  I also increase the default text size so that I can read better without needing reading glasses, and having the larger screen helps there also.  No problem fitting it into my pocket.  I use my phone for almost everything except Cruise Critic, although I occassionally come here on my phone also.  Facetime, text messaging, various social media platforms, several games requiring bigger/better graphics, email, calendar, home automation...you name it and I probably do it on my phone.  Newer and faster helps with much of that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, George C said:

Yes total charter with 100 percent occupancy, which required a couple of Covid tests, one of our heating systems went out when we were leaving for the cruise, luckily it the smaller unit that just covers bedrooms and a couple of bathrooms, so we upped the heat in main unit and had a good neighbor contact our heating company and it is now working.

Fantastic music again today first Mellisa Manchester, then Little river band , then we saw Maria Muldaur for a second time in consecutive days.

Ship is now pulling into San Juan for a medical emergency, they told us several times that this was a non Covid medical issue. We are due to dock in St Maarten tomorrow.  

It sounds like such a wonderful and awesome cruise, George!  Lucky you, to be booked for next years charter!

Glad to hear your neighbor took care of your heating problem for you.

It's always sad when the ship has to pull into port for a medical emergency.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Pups are definitely growing!  They look like teenagers.

You will definitely get hooked on Yellowstone.  Rip is awesome, as is Beth in a scary way.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

OB. It’s frustrating the cost of new phones. 

But I am willing to assist anyone needing a replacement phone from my collection. 

Take your pick from the ones shown below. 
Come with chargers / batteries. 

Price negotiable. 

402A355D-22F8-4855-A91D-AE5EC707491C.jpeg

You still have a bag phone???  Not sure if I should be impressed or worried.  It actually might be worth something now.

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad you're feeling OK, despite still being positive.

+1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you and your family my best wishes for a quick recovery Sue.

Graham

+1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hang in there! I hope you get over this thing quick. So sorry about the rest of the family. What a pain.

+1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry you had a rough night sleeping due to being so uncomfortable, Greg.  I hope you have a better sleep tonight.

We still haven't begun watching "Yellowstone";  perhaps when we get back from our cruise...

Lizzie and Charlie are the cutest!!!  What a beautiful picture of the pair!

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am patiently waiting to have my Margarita this afternoon.  We shall see if I make it that long🤪

Marietta, I am so glad that Charlie has such a wonderful doctor, and that you both are so happy and confident with her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1