Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is always stressful to have construction going on.  In Texas we had major work that went on several months.  Sigh I can only imagine the stress of not knowing when they could finish the work.  We had nothing that extensive but at the beginning of 2020 we had work done in the bathroom and the kitchen.  New countertops, tile backsplash,  new shower area and cabinets installed in the utility room.  Thank goodness the construction people were deemed "essential workers" so that they could keep working.  It actually worked out well since it wasn't hard to be home every day while they were working.  LOL

We spent a summer (Florida summer!) with one end of the house covered in heavy clear plastic. Every time the AC cut on, it would billow out and cool the neighborhood. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Really looking forward to concert tomorrow it’s has a couple of our favorite preformers Todd Rundgren, Christofer Cross , Badfinger and others . Didn’t realize till yesterday that our front row tickets gets us a meet and greet with the artists before the concert .

We are also going to redo our kitchen and getting some good ideas from previous posts. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

To everyone who sent prayers for my Jen's Jen, thank you.  

The surgery lasted 7 hours and the heart is working!!  Now the wait begins to hopefully regulate everything.

Excellent news, Bonnie. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I'll still keep my 🤞 until she is really in the "clear". Can't hurt, can it? 😘

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Chris has been to Disney several times with us on our family vacations.     I am not sure if his Fiance has ever been.      She is the one that is really worried about getting sea sick.    Chris keeps assuring her she will be okay.  

We are doing the Happy Dance, We passed our covid tests by Walgreens and Eric is packing now!    I have been pretty much packed since last weekend.   Just some last minute stuff I will pack tomorrow. 

Test Debbie! What a great feeling to know you can get this party started. Have a great cruise and please post some pics so we can live through you. Cheers!

29 minutes ago, George C said:

Really looking forward to concert tomorrow it’s has a couple of our favorite preformers Todd Rundgren, Christofer Cross , Badfinger and others . Didn’t realize till yesterday that our front row tickets gets us a meet and greet with the artists before the concert .

We are also going to redo our kitchen and getting some good ideas from previous posts. 

Should be a great concert. Love both. I met CC once and found him to be very nice and down to earth. I would love to meet Todd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Test Debbie! What a great feeling to know you can get this party started. Have a great cruise and please post some pics so we can live through you. Cheers!

Should be a great concert. Love both. I met CC once and found him to be very nice and down to earth. I would love to meet Todd.

We meet Todd and a few others that will be at the concert on our rock and romance cruises, agree on Christofer Cross he has a live album at the Carlyle which is a very small club in nyc and we talked about that , he was just recovering from Covid last time we saw him, he said it took 6 months to recover.

• Like 4

Yesterday was Molly the collies day for doggy day care, the weather was beautiful so we decided to visit Hampton Court, one of the Historic Royal Palaces we have a yearly pass for. 

A royal hunting lodge and Palace since Henry VIII day with beautiful grounds full of spring flowers.  Had a great day enjoying the Palace and grounds

20220318_142332.thumb.jpg.5efde820564f99e3727b6d2080cb77e3.jpg

The Royal bedchamber

20220318_121714.thumb.jpg.8417167a1fc43f6abef5bf9d31aac704.jpg

20220318_122204.thumb.jpg.16af54079b7c1cb91c39007bdd6c61e6.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hello all, in a week the pain Dr is going to give me a spinal block.

If the pain relief lasts over 2 weeks then they will do it again. 
if I get good results then they will perform a Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) to temporarily numb some of my pain nerves in my back. It’s only temp though so  I may have to have it done again.

Hope everything is going well with everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Hello all, in a week the pain Dr is going to give me a spinal block.

If the pain relief lasts over 2 weeks then they will do it again. 
if I get good results then they will perform a Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) to temporarily numb some of my pain nerves in my back. It’s only temp though so  I may have to have it done again.

Hope everything is going well with everyone.

I hope it works well for you. My wife Linda has the same issues. She has had the RFA which did give her relief. Now she has another area that got treated yesterday as a nerve block. Is that the same thing as a spinal block? They put her under for it. They said it should take several days to kick in. I hope it works as she has been miserable in pain.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo, that's hubby's "vision" about your air return 😁

1341165782_Kitchen.png.cb9be7aebe3200103aed82993c07a490(1).thumb.jpg.ee63671fc4afea82ebb9c8efc77ad93d.jpg

Same as our living room air return, which he painted "Piet Mondrian" style....

2018022224_20180527_130623(2).thumb.jpg.7666faee63a7787368e2e1c15bc47400.jpg

Cool Pic....now all you have to is make those cabinets off white like the other ones by the stove and make the countertops black and the brown a little lighter brown..lol

I'm going to hire you as my designer...do you travel?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent news, Bonnie. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I'll still keep my 🤞 until she is really in the "clear". Can't hurt, can it? 😘

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great news😍  Thank you for the update.

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me too🙏🤞

Thank you, thank you, all! 

She has a long road ahead of her so continued prayers and crossed fingers can't hurt.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

BTW, what is an air return?  I have seen some homes with a grate in the floor but never asked what it was for.  Is that what a return is?

I was going to explain and found this better explanation.

“What is a return vent? These vents suck the air from each room and send it back to the air conditioning or heating system. Return vents tend to be bigger than supply vents, and you won't feel any air coming from them. When an HVAC system delivers air to a room, it increases that room's air pressure.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

If she does get sick , it might turn her off cruising. I take Bonine, and have since 1985. I have never had any kind of bad effects from it.
i take one the morning of the cruise and another one on the ship before we leave port. There’s no guarantee, unfortunately, than someone will have some sort of side effects.  
Before Bonine I have been sick on ferries and glass bottom boats, theme park rides and backyard swings. 
A lot of people swear by Sea Bands and ginger. 
I would just hate for Chris’s fiancée to be miserable on the cruise. 

I also take Bonine ,the same way you take it,

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

May I vote for cream color also?  As far as black countertops with sparkle, remember dust shows up in dark colors.  Just sayin'.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, a big yay on your negative covid test results.  Let the fun begin!

I saved the best news for last.  One of my daughter's closest friend's got the word that she will be getting a new heart TODAY!  Transplant is in progress now!  She was in the hospital for a procedure and had no idea.  Her transplant "lady" called to give her the exceptional news.  I don't remember how many years she was on the transplant list and she had many setbacks.   My daughter's friend's (also Jen) mother passed away from the same heart condition.  My Jen's Jen is a true survivor, a 35 year old warrior.  I told my Jen to call or text no matter what time, when she finds out her Jen is out of surgery.  The word "rejection" is not in our vocabulary.

Please have kind thoughts and prayers for our warrior, Jen.

Wonderful news for the young woman

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, Sea Dog said:

I actually did some yard work yesterday without my knee killing me. I got fatigued fairly fast since I have not got all my strength back. 

Good news, Greg!  Way to go!  You are right where you should be right now.  So glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.😉

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are doing the Happy Dance, We passed our covid tests by Walgreens and Eric is packing now!   

Wonderful news, Debbie!  So glad you and Eric are doing the Happy Dance once again!  I also didn't pack entirely, until we had our results back last month.

We will hopefully be doing the Happy Dance again two weeks from today.🤞

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I saved the best news for last.  One of my daughter's closest friend's got the word that she will be getting a new heart TODAY!  Transplant is in progress now! 

The word "rejection" is not in our vocabulary.

Please have kind thoughts and prayers for our warrior, Jen.

🙏Prayers for Jen's warrior with the same name.🙏❤️

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She told me the other day she picked up seasick pills but didn't remember their name.  I suggested she take one the morning we leave and I have sea bands I will bring for her too.  

I swear by the Sea bands, and don't go on a cruise without them.

I hope she's not worrying too much about getting sick on board...🛳️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

Since you are asking, I am also going with a NO vote on the black countertops. 

When we were doing our countertops years ago and wanted black, my friend told us it would show everything.  Well, we got the black, like I wanted.  My friend was right...it looked very nice, and it did show everything.

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It will be nice.....eventually...

And, you will love it!!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I had to laugh reading the comments. 
You can tell we’re all friends. Friends will give you their opinions, not just be yes men. 

You've got that right, Mimi!!🥰

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

To everyone who sent prayers for my Jen's Jen, thank you.  

The surgery lasted 7 hours and the heart is working!!  Now the wait begins to hopefully regulate everything

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news, Bonnie!  More prayers for Jen and her new heart!🙏🙏🙏

3 hours ago, George C said:

How great is that!!!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday was Molly the collies day for doggy day care, the weather was beautiful so we decided to visit Hampton Court, one of the Historic Royal Palaces we have a yearly pass for. 

A royal hunting lodge and Palace since Henry VIII day with beautiful grounds full of spring flowers.  Had a great day enjoying the Palace and grounds

20220318_142332.thumb.jpg.5efde820564f99e3727b6d2080cb77e3.jpg

The Royal bedchamber

20220318_121714.thumb.jpg.8417167a1fc43f6abef5bf9d31aac704.jpg

20220318_122204.thumb.jpg.16af54079b7c1cb91c39007bdd6c61e6.jpg

I loved Hampton Court. We did the boat from Westminster Pier three times and those days were our favorites. 
The tennis court fascinated me… thinking about Henry VIII bouncing around. 
And thinking about the local group using it on a regular basis. 

• Like 5