Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I'm still here.  Thanks for your concern.  We've had mostly a great last week, but not without a few problems.  I'll give you the long story here, but I won't "bury the lead"...my 23 year old daughter Andie got engaged last night.  Everyone is extremely happy and excited.

I am playing a little bit of catch up from the last few days.  We have been busy since returning from Florida.

Congradulations on the engagement of your daughter.  What an exciting time.  I am glad I am past those days of planning and paying for weddings.  Just open the wallet and don't argue with the women.

Hope you are feeling better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:29 AM, Coralc said:

HAHAHA. :classic_biggrin: It is $6.39/gal. today up here in Northern California. And Zillow just valued our 3 bedroom/2 bath ranch house at $1 million this month. :classic_rolleyes: Perhaps you missed where I live? :classic_biggrin:

Those prices in the Bay area are crazy.  Our son lives in the North Bay, and Zillow has his house valued at $1.7M

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 11:20 AM, Maitaivegas said:

if I get good results then they will perform a Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) to temporarily numb some of my pain nerves in my back. It’s only temp though so  I may have to have it done again.

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope it works well for you. My wife Linda has the same issues. She has had the RFA which did give her relief. Now she has another area that got treated yesterday as a nerve block. Is that the same thing as a spinal block? They put her under for it. They said it should take several days to kick in. I hope it works as she has been miserable in pain.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

When I was in the work force, and someone needed a RFA to a nerve block, I do not know if people realize the preliminary team conferences held.

To begin with when you are helping someone who has pain severe enough to render any daily activities from occurring, you need to pay special attention to their anesthetic requirements. 

For the RFA, it is a little more involved.

Because the Anesthesiologist providing care and knowing the patient better than anyone else, updates us on what drugs and what amount are to be given.

Their clients are not addicts, and only looking for drugs.

On the contrary, they have to leap through hurdles and get insurance coverage before they can help someone became pain free.

Their medications are strictly controlled, and I wish people would stop labeling those in pain, no one should have to deal with this disease.

My heart always goes out to people who suffer and need relief.

RFA is a great procedure and when I meet someone after they had the treatment and they are getting back to a functional capacity it is worth all the joy in the world.

I wish you the best of luck with the RFA.  That is the procedure my son had about a month ago.  I am not sure if it is normal for the doctor to only do one side at a time, but that is the way he is doing it.

He does still have some pain, so he is reserving judgement on how effective it is, until they do the other side.  He goes in for a review at the end of the month, and the other side will be scheduled in April. 

We are all hoping for a good outcome after that is done.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Those prices in the Bay area are crazy.  Our son lives in the North Bay, and Zillow has his house valued at $1.7M

One of my closest friends in high school moved to Marina Del Ray after graduating college.A few years ago his ex wife passed away and left him her house in Berkeley Hills.Zillow has his house also valued at $1.7 M.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after an amazing 14 night cruise on the new P&O Iona.

We had fantastic views from our Aft Balcony cabin.

Graham.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

IMG_20220306_075414.jpg

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

A couple of short cruises on Anthem of the seas in May and September from Southampton England.

Graham.

That looks like a wonderful cruise. 

We booked the TA on Anthem for May, 2023 to Southampton, and added on the next cruise as a B2B.  I tried to convince my wife to add another week, but she said those two would be long enough.

I need to work on her!😀

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Got a pic for @A&L_OntWas at Rural King today picking up corn for the Deer and Sunflower seeds for the birds and saw this. Thought Andrew might need a snack.

20220319_110212.jpg

Clearly, “the word” hasn’t reached Rural King.  

Surely none of the Lord’s smarter outside creations would eat this.  Rural King must stock it for traction control for ice situations, like a bag of kitty litter in the olds days in the trunk of the car.😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

During my career, I was able to provide tons of care to those needing blocks and I must say I had many a happy camper.

My heart always goes out to people who suffer and need relief.

Good luck and just know better days are ahead.

Thank you for what you do and your experiences. I’m hoping the nerve block will help with Linda’s back as she has been in so much pain. How long do you think she will have relief?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Luggage is loaded.

Tons of room in the Chevy Tahoe we rented.   

Budget rental near cruise terminal open till 1 pm.   Plenty of time to drop off luggage at cruise terminal then drop off rental and uber back to ship.

Beautiful weather!!!

Bon Voyage! I hope and know you will have a blast. Please post some pics of your adventure. Cheers!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That looks like a wonderful cruise. 

We booked the TA on Anthem for May, 2023 to Southampton, and added on the next cruise as a B2B.  I tried to convince my wife to add another week, but she said those two would be long enough.

I need to work on her!😀

That’s how we did our 27 day on Princess. 
A TA with a 12 day British Isles at the end. The Azores and Portugal, Spain, Belgium, France, Guernsey, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. 
It was perfect for me, but wore Dick out. 
Guernsey and Northern Ireland were new to us, and well worth the visit. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

64BAA06E-5AD7-43FE-BCED-40C05B3D1A7F.thumb.jpeg.f744de54d70909f981f67daa1437cd44.jpeg

Has anyone watched “Below Deck Down Under” on Peacock? We watched the first two episodes last night. It’s really good if you are a below deck fan?

Aesha Scott returns now as Chief Stew. You May remember her as the stew on below deck med who got involved with Jack Stirrup. She is really sweet and good but her voice may irritate some.

Women are going to fall in love with the new  Captain Jason Chambers. He is very good looking and seems to be a great guy. As a Captain  he’s not afraid to do things most Captains would let the crew do.  He’s very hands on and I was even pleased that when the crew went out he would join them for awhile.

most interesting is the chef, Ryan McKeown is going to be the villain. His attitude is horrible. He feels the guests should eat on his timetable and only eat what he decides to cook. I was amazed when Aiesha asked what he was cooking for breakfast for the guests? He replied “Eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon”, to which Aiesha asked “anything else?”  and he said “No.” when a guest asked what was the other option he got as a reply “none.” We will see how long this lasts.

Of other note is the use of a lot of underwear cameras showing snorkeling excursions and also the beautiful coral in Australia.

Im a fan. I do hope they make it available on the Bravo network and not just Peacock. But if you have the app episodes 1-3 are up now with new episodes available on Thursday’s.

Check it out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

That’s how we did our 27 day on Princess. 
A TA with a 12 day British Isles at the end. The Azores and Portugal, Spain, Belgium, France, Guernsey, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. 
It was perfect for me, but wore Dick out. 
Guernsey and Northern Ireland were new to us, and well worth the visit. 

This one has stops in Paris, both for the TA, and the one after.  That is one place we didn’t get to visit on our last trip over, so that was one reason for choosing this one.

• Like 2

It has been busy for us since flying back from Florida on Thursday.  My duct tape repair to the suitcase, that Royal cracked, worked to get it home.  A week later, and still no word from the claim I filed with insurance.  Meanwhile, since all our suitcases have to match, new ones are on order.  The small carry on was delivered yesterday, and the two large ones are expected.   As long as they are here before May.

I had to pack some warm weather and sunshine to bring back for @Lionesss, so we had a couple sunny, 70°+ days.  Perfect for me to catch up on yard cleanup and putting away the snow blower.

Today, daughter and her family are coming for supper, and they plan a delayed birthday celebration for me since we were away for it.  The grandkids are staying overnight, and we are watching them tomorrow.  Daughter has a teacher in-service day, so no school for the kids.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Chris and Donna are getting on train now from Philly and should arrive at warminster station at 10:22 where we will pick them up and be on our way to bayonne.

Luggage is loaded.

Tons of room in the Chevy Tahoe we rented.   

Budget rental near cruise terminal open till 1 pm.   Plenty of time to drop off luggage at cruise terminal then drop off rental and uber back to ship.

Beautiful weather!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful cruise Debbie.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

image.jpeg.b450f06cc1d3104b7877f7bc3772262c.jpeg

Dear @dani negreanu

Belated birthday wishes for peace and joy in the year ahead,

And thank you once again for creating this wonderful thread!

It has been a blessing to me and your many followers these past two years.

Fondly, Sue

PS ~ So sorry my message is a couple of days late. 

Thank you, Sue, for your heartfelt wishes. The picture posted and is beautiful. No worries about being a couple of days late... My BFF throw a brunch for me and our HS friends today 😁, so "late" b'day wishes are always and fondly appreciated 😘

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.d255195b3c8dbd3ec8a5369a3d212921.jpg

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.02472b99f9349e5a8c29bfd1fb5d7134.jpg

• Like 22

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Sue, for your heartfelt wishes. The picture posted and is beautiful. No worries about being a couple of days late... My BFF throw a brunch for me and our HS friends today 😁, so "late" b'day wishes are always and fondly appreciated 😘

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.d255195b3c8dbd3ec8a5369a3d212921.jpg

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.02472b99f9349e5a8c29bfd1fb5d7134.jpg

Nice happy photos of you and your friends Dani.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog Underwear cameras ?  #52856

There are more underwater shots in this series. Some of it due to the fact that these charters focus on snorkeling and diving. The reefs are gorgeous. I’m sure some of the underwater shots where pre shot and then edited in but at least the producers are trying to have the series look different than your usual anchor drop and prop start.

• Like 2

@lenquixote66 My hubby and I are rooting for St Peter’s also. Had to turn off the game last night got- too nerve racking to get to sleep !

I checked the scores this morning- so pleased Peacocks are in the Sweet 16!

It seems we tend to root for the underdog. Also, a dear friend was a professor of Sociology there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Has anyone else watched the new limited series “the thing about Pam” very interesting stars Renee Zellweger on regular tv nbc. 

I didn’t watch it, but several years ago I didn’t want to get up off the sofa, so watched Dateline for the one and only time. 
It was the story of a man wrongly convicted of his wife’s murder. 
I was so horrified I made note of his name and sporadically Googled him. 
I was relieved when I saw he was released from prison, but it took a new judge to exonerate him. 
Lo and behold, here’s a new movie about Russ Faria, his murdered wife Betsy and her friend Pam Hupp!

I don’t watch crime tv shows, but that one had fascinating details. 
I hope this mini series includes them all. 

• Like 2