Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I want to hear exactly what they said 😁

You can find it online (easily). Just type in their names and video. I'm not going to link it, because it was kind of awkward and unpleasant. It was an unkind joke, but Will Smith probably shouldn't have punched and swore at him either. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I know that is an option but I like doing things myself.

I can understand that.

Because I didn't know what to do I was worried in case I lost any files/photos and as my mobile phone  contract is with them they were happy to transfer my files to my new phone for free.

• Like 1

@Ocean Boy when you get your new phone, you sign into it with your Google email/password and it starts downloading your apps that you had on your old phone.  Definitely make sure you're on a good fast wifi system, b/c it's a lot of data to download all your apps at once and it can take a while.

As for files and photos, those don't exactly "copy over" but you'll have access to them via Google Photos if you have them uploaded to the cloud automatically from the original phone.

Regarding your calendar, it will depend on what you use for your calendar.  Google Calendar is automatically linked up, so that will work as usual, assuming you have the app programmed to save events to the cloud (it's a settings option).  If you use a different app, it will depend on if that app is local only or if it also syncs to the cloud.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

@Ocean Boy when you get your new phone, you sign into it with your Google email/password and it starts downloading your apps that you had on your old phone.  Definitely make sure you're on a good fast wifi system, b/c it's a lot of data to download all your apps at once and it can take a while.

As for files and photos, those don't exactly "copy over" but you'll have access to them via Google Photos if you have them uploaded to the cloud automatically from the original phone.

I do not use any cloud based storage and all my photos and file/downloads transferred over to my new samsung and Eric's did as well.

We have calm seas, sunny skies with an expected high of 68 f today.   Woke up to a chilly 34f at 530 am.   

I really wish DL or WJ would open sooner than 7 am.   

While having breakfast in WJ we saw a very small fishing boat next to us.   We are somewhere off coast of Hatteras.   Seems to far from land for this small boat to be out this far.

I went to gym and rode bike for a bit and Eric is having his spa morning now.

Last night we went to welcome aboard show, singer was great, comedian was so so.    We then went to schooners and listed to piano player/singer.   He is really good.

Tonight we go to Chops.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 14

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Why, what happened?

Will Smith did not like a joke Chris Rock said about his wife. I think they said it was more of a slap now and not a punch. Looks like Chris Rock IS NOT pressing charges.

The joke was about the condition she has losing her hair, referencing was she getting ready for the GI Jane 2 look. Maybe he was  not knowing she has a condition called Alopecia

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Will Smith did not like a joke Chris Rock said about his wife. I think they said it was more of a slap now and not a punch. Looks like Chris Rock IS NOT pressing charges.

The joke was about the condition she has losing her hair, referencing was she getting ready for the GI Jane 2 look. Maybe he was  not knowing she has a condition called Alopecia

I watched as it happened and I thought it was staged.  Apparently, it wasn't.  Very uncomfortable moment. The last time I saw a current movie was pre-covid so I wasn't really interested.  I was on my laptop and Jack told me to watch quickly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do not use any cloud based storage and all my photos and file/downloads transferred over to my new samsung and Eric's did as well.

It will depend on whether you actually "connect" your two phones or not.  If you don't connect them in some manner and physically initiate the process to copy the files, then they won't transfer over unless the data is cloud-based.  

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

A big thank you to you all.  What good friends I have on here.❤️

Debbie, I don't have any plans of visiting my sister any time soon.  I'm going to have to figure it out soon.

We sail on the Allure on Saturday, April 2nd.

I am thinking of you and your family. 
Have a great cruise! Cheers!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It will depend on whether you actually "connect" your two phones or not.  If you don't connect them in some manner and physically initiate the process to copy the files, then they won't transfer over unless the data is cloud-based.  

My wife had it easy she needs phone for business so her companies IT department moved everything, company also pays phone bill 😁.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I will be actively exploring a trip to New Orleans tomorrow.  Looking at Stubhub immediately after the UNC game, tickets for both days of the Final Four…. At the top of the bowl center court were 1500 each.  The Holiday Inn Express near the French Quarter is going for over $500 a night.  

It is only money and you can’t take it with you.  We are the worst, best, team in the Final Four, but to play Duke for the first time ever in the Final Four and be there… priceless.

I will be planning a trip south tomorrow… 

We went to the Blues game last night.. ugh.

jc

I went to the NIT championship game in 1962.I had a first row center seat.

I believe the cost of the ticket was $4.50.It was in Madison Square Garden.

In 1960 I went to MSG to see the NYC high school Basketball Championship game.I sat in the upper deck and paid 50 cents for the seat.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Little excitement at the Oscars, Will Smith taking a swing (punch) at Chris Rock. Wow !

I do not know if my movie Director friend Gerry was at the Oscar ceremony last night and one of the after parties.If he was not I am sure that by now he spoke to somebody who was.Gerry has an Internet Blog where he writes about History,Politics and Entertainment.I would think he would have something about this in his weekly blog and if so I will quote him by name.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, George C said:

I want to hear exactly what they said 😁

I heard it on YouTube.I am sure you can find it.Did you know that Chris Rock grew up in Brooklyn.He lived around the corner from the house I grew up in then his parents moved closer to where you lived.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

You can find it online (easily). Just type in their names and video. I'm not going to link it, because it was kind of awkward and unpleasant. It was an unkind joke, but Will Smith probably shouldn't have punched and swore at him either. 

Initially Smith was laughing.Then he saw that his wife was not and he over reacted.Just imagine if it was Ricky Gervais or in earlier years Don Rickles.

• Like 2