Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@LuckynanaMaryann, I'm so glad Jim's scare was well taken care of.  As others stated, it was lucky your nephew acted fast to get him the care he needed.

On TX water heaters, ours was in the garage.  I agree it doesn't make sense to have them upstairs in an attic.  

I hardly remember Rory.  I think I started to post near the end of his tenure on CC. Or maybe I didn't post on the threads he frequented.   I do remember lots of monopoly time. 😉

I never knew his first name but I recall discussing with him that his mother subscribed to a newspaper that I was working for in 1961.

• Like 1

Online Cliff notes say its either Joy or Andy.......depending who is typing.

And I think this stuck because i confused Deb's Andy (Momto 3 girlz) with another Andy and I remember someone chimed in.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

A few seconds (literally) after I hit the submit button on my last post, the A/C kicked on.  Who knows what's happening.  🤷‍♂️

One of the things I like about our house is it has two different a/c units so even if one is out for a while house is still livable.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had very little rain this morning and cleared up nice this afternoon.   Tomorrow I have to do some weeding of beds

20220614_174331.thumb.jpg.cfd0b6820332a7bd5aa3f5ace0c24399.jpg20220614_174252.thumb.jpg.376397438377537d8c78248e7e026835.jpg

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did I ever show you the painting we had done on the wall in stairwell leading to rooftop deck

I cannot fit in one picture.20220614_174517.thumb.jpg.caf89c8adcfc57d24aea4b39c2bced0f.jpg

This is left side of the wall.  I goofed by uploading right side first

20220614_174523.thumb.jpg.41426934e07eac70bf8c6f0ffa6905b9.jpg

Such a nice looking house Debbie and I love your planter - is it an old boat?  The painting is beautiful too. It looks like it really captures that shore feeling.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Online Cliff notes say its either Joy or Andy.......depending who is typing.

And I think this stuck because i confused Deb's Andy (Momto 3 girlz) with another Andy and I remember someone chimed in.

Very good.  I'm Joy, DH is Andy.  You were so close, and correct that @Momof3gurlz's DH is also Andy.  I will buy you a drink on the Bella cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don't use simple syrup in my Mojitos.  I muddle a cut up lime, a tablespoon of powdered sugar, and 12 mint leaves (mint leaves at the bottom so that they don't break up).  Fill glass with crushed ice and then add 2 oz rum.  Top with club soda.  Probably less minty than using the mint syrup that you made.

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't use simple syrup in my Mojitos.  I muddle a cut up lime, a tablespoon of powdered sugar, and 12 mint leaves (mint leaves at the bottom so that they don't break up).  Fill glass with crushed ice and then add 2 oz rum.  Top with club soda.  Probably less minty than using the mint syrup that you made.

Oh I like the idea of powdered sugar, especially if I get a craving for a mojito but don’t have any simple syrup made.  

• Like 1

@Sea DogGreg- I have been thinking of mentioning a name of an animal expert that used to have a show and WOR radio in NYC a number of years ago. His name is Warren Eckstein. You could Google him as he has written a number of books about dog behavior.

When people would call his show asking for help because their puppies/dogs were chewing the furniture etc,he would recommend a product to spray on the item.I think it was called Sour Apple. It was non- toxic and it didn’t stain items,but the dogs did not like the taste and it would deter them from chewing on something they shouldn’t be chewing.

Just thought this may be helpful to you to train your pups not to chew the couch.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

A few seconds (literally) after I hit the submit button on my last post, the A/C kicked on.  Who knows what's happening.  🤷‍♂️

Next time it's off and you think it should be on, run outside and look inside the compressor unit it could be freezing up and not defrosting properly. Low or to much refrigerant, did he put some in  his first visit for the fix?

How much did he charge you when he was out earlier?

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Some people are good at remembering things and then there are the rest of us😳

I generally remember a lot. But that can bad, once accused of being a stalker because I remembered an obscure post from years earlier.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you sure that it is only Dallas ? I had a friend living in a Houston suburb about 40 years ago and I am fairly certain that there was a basement there.

In some parts of the state the water table is too near the surface of the ground to build a water-tight basement and no basement may be better than a leaky, flood-prone one. In other areas of the state, there's damp clay soil that can push into basement walls, causing them to crack if not built correctly with the help of an engineer. There's also bedrock that looms near the surface in much of Texas that require digging through it for a basement, which makes the whole process just too darn expensive. Similarly, the frost line — the point in the dirt where the soil does not freeze in the winter — is much shallower in Texas than up north. In other parts of the country, home builders must dig deep to make it below the frost line and since they are already down in the dirt, they may as well put in a basement. There's simply no need for that in most of Texas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I use the Kraken spiced rum with the white label. I'm not sure which cocktail has that, cranberry and vodka? Anybody??

I use Ocean Spray combo Cranberry/Mango with vodka and Kraken, of course, white label.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1