Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought,  there are some Mayflies out but not enough to shut it down.

But when it turns dark they are really attracted to light.

This is the sidewalk leading to the pier.   It was covered with Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.69e0a8f528c1987ee0bebcf641a77e8c.png

Wow. Any kind of bugs en masse like that are kind of disgusting, and messy. Hopefully, they will be gone or diminished in a few days. :classic_biggrin:

I'm also very sorry to hear that you have come down with covid, Dani. I hope you feel better soon. It is not fun to be sick when you are away from home. Great photos, though! :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My Wife posted this on her FB tonight. Like to share with you all. 🙂  Thought it was pretty funny.

"This is Cody. Cody gives me the death stare when it's time for his food. My cats get fed at 7am and 9am, and again at 5pm and 7pm. As it approaches time for food, I get the stare. Seriously he doesn't blink. Things have been chaotic at work and one day last week I missed the 9am feeding, which I didn't realize until later on. They got all other food on schedule. A little after the 7pm feeding Cody sat, staring me down again. Apparently he can count and he knew that I owed him food. 😊 deathstare catcancount feedmeordie "

May be an image of cat and indoor

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday I saw this posted. 

image.thumb.png.64481911227672da501fbc212bccb439.png

I thought,  there are some Mayflies out but not enough to shut it down.

image.thumb.png.1ddca25920b6bcd782b64b9ecd99f2b9.png

But when it turns dark they are really attracted to light.

image.thumb.png.973f98221351ef4b7cdee598a2308cc0.png

This is the sidewalk leading to the pier.   It was covered with Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.69e0a8f528c1987ee0bebcf641a77e8c.png

Yuck! Does the city clean them up or do they just leave them and people walk on them? 😳

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, Bailey & Sophie said:

So an AC tech came out to the house this morning to see what's wrong...WITH a sales rep. Hmmmm...

The verdict: "we can replace the motor ($2,800) but they are not in stock and won't be available until late August.

Or NEXT WEEK we can rebuild the entire unit for $6,500. Or best option complete replacement $12,000."

Anyone else see anything wrong with this? Wouldn't a motor be included with options 2 & 3?

Of course the sales rep was calling every hour until John told him he found a replacement motor on-line for $500. 

Update on the AC:

John found a motor on line, received it on Thursday. He installed it on Friday. Worked OK but it the coils were still freezing up. He went to the hardware store and got some stuff to clean the coils. Still freezing up.

He called a different AC repair place on Mon, explained what was going on and what he did. They came out that afternoon.

We did not need a new unit or complete rebuild.

**We needed a freon charge.**

We did need the new motor, too. But didn't spend anywhere near the $6500 the first place wanted!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Imagine the sound that would make when you walk on them, not to mention the sound. 🤢

There are a bunch under street lights so while driving the gulf cart around  you hear a lot of crunching. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yuck! Does the city clean them up or do they just leave them and people walk on them? 😳

This is a fenced in resort area.  They do a great job keeping the place cleaned up.  Tonight was not bad at all.  Last night was bad because the wind was blowing them in from the lake.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

And finally, Nate’s reaction to the hockey game the other night
08DC25F3-339C-4A53-B08B-806D127B0784.thumb.jpeg.896f0850d57e36b94df476c868a69807.jpeg

This reminds me of a time I got excited watching a football game, jumped like Nate is jumping and I punched a light out! 🙃 

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today, we were off with the grandkids to Keystone Safari Animal Park.  

First stop, the butterfly house.  Not many out, but they did manage to get a couple to land on them. 

CEBEC603-042C-49FC-B344-4D2F6B782574.thumb.jpeg.004abc72db3c44a44594fdb5d666131a.jpeg

FA35E02C-0EA3-4955-A9EF-B85353CA8F55.thumb.jpeg.3a45bcf026c3250a2ca9f7bb8bd98704.jpeg

Feeding the giraffe 

7B4A74BB-0DFA-4D8A-8CA7-84407762CEBB.thumb.jpeg.12bcc1c40715a4c69f343b04b4b0e84a.jpeg

Pony rides

7970F11C-6CB3-463E-A146-BE6DC9D9C760.thumb.jpeg.371bd75b4a8c941b05cfc7e89c3e2437.jpeg

Feeding reindeer 

06E84848-3AEA-4121-A2E5-D679E6F634FB.thumb.jpeg.8fb00bc2e0d98de5d2483f6ef0bba05e.jpeg

And goats

13F6F6B3-EFCA-4443-A3D6-0594157351E4.thumb.jpeg.384be21c25a66843b4598962ba606b7b.jpeg

And some bounce time. 

552BF118-D862-4FFC-9607-A246D4512747.thumb.jpeg.ef76012c0dec2ff2b90501590eca13e8.jpeg

Since we were close to Primanti Brothers, we had to stop to refuel. 

3A4A7503-CC05-4A0B-8206-33B4CDC85E44.thumb.jpeg.28a7c910c43a4d2bc341a5a49eb253e1.jpeg

Another day of fun in the books.  Lots of other animals they loved seeing, and they have new sections they are building to place more animals.  

That looks like a lovely Animal Park.  Another great day out for the grandkids.  I watched the kids feeding the Giraffes at Taronga Zoo earlier in the year.  Looked like fun.  Checked the price when I got home $29.99pp for the privilege of feeding them, on top of the entry fee.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sunday evening I tested positive on a PCR test, and DH – negative. He’s taking very good care of me, while keeping his distance [that is, from the moment we got the Covid results…]. Hopefully, he’ll continue to be in the clear.

I’m quite weak, with a low fever and a nagging cough.

I can’t fathom how I got sick, since I was so careful, to the point that DH was quite angry with me, asking him to mask up when entering the elevators. Braved the quirky looks we got when we were the only one with masks…

We always ate alone and kept a table empty between us and other people, in the theatre we were masked and at the end of a row, with at least two empty seats between us and others…. Took taxis alone, masked up. Always on the lookout, always looking “over the shoulder”…

Dani,  what a miserable way to end a great holiday.  Hope DH continues to test negative and you have a rapid recovery. 

Your photos of Barcelona are great, I'm glad you got to spend some time shopping and sightseeing. 

Hang in there 🙏  thinking of you

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It has been raining all night and it is currently 57°F and cloudy at 10.30am.

Prayers for Dani @dani negreanu I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Interesting that you stayed in the Hotel Jazz in Barcelona.

We were due to stay there in June 2020 before boarding Allure but the pandemic prevented this.

They refunded a non refundable payment in a couple of days and I have heard a lot of good things about the hotel and your verdict would be appreciated on your stay there.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It has been raining all night and it is currently 57°F and cloudy at 10.30am.

Prayers for Dani @dani negreanu I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Interesting that you stayed in the Hotel Jazz in Barcelona.

We were due to stay there in June 2020 before boarding Allure but the pandemic prevented this.

They refunded a non refundable payment in a couple of days and I have heard a lot of good things about the hotel and your verdict would be appreciated on your stay there.

Graham.

We were going to stay there, too. October 2020, for the Transatlantic on Allure. :classic_unsure: It didn't happen. We were also going to fly on Norwegian Airline to Barcelona. And I think they have gone out of business. We received refunds on all of our plans. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

This is Cody. Cody gives me the death stare when it's time for his food. My cats get fed at 7am and 9am, and again at 5pm and 7pm. As it approaches time for food, I get the stare. Seriously he doesn't blink. Things have been chaotic at work and one day last week I missed the 9am feeding, which I didn't realize until later on. They got all other food on schedule. A little after the 7pm feeding Cody sat, staring me down again. Apparently he can count and he knew that I owed him food. 😊 deathstare catcancount feedmeordie "

FB_IMG_1656471296589.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is Cody. Cody gives me the death stare when it's time for his food. My cats get fed at 7am and 9am, and again at 5pm and 7pm. As it approaches time for food, I get the stare. Seriously he doesn't blink. Things have been chaotic at work and one day last week I missed the 9am feeding, which I didn't realize until later on. They got all other food on schedule. A little after the 7pm feeding Cody sat, staring me down again. Apparently he can count and he knew that I owed him food. 😊 deathstare catcancount feedmeordie "

FB_IMG_1656471296589.jpg

Cody has very pretty eyes.  I love his coloring.  Of course cats can count!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

Just a few pics to update you on how life in Florida is going so far 😍

it has not been without it’s drama (ex:stepson moved here for 24 hours and decided to leave) but we are both still so happy to be here

Glad things are going relatively well in Florida. Sorry to hear about the upsetting issue with your step son.

Was the original plan for him to come live with you once you got settled? or was it a surprise when he showed up?

Our original plan was for our son in NJ to come join us here in Virginia..........But it's now 1 and half years later and he is still living in his Condo in NJ.  I think he likes the money he is making in NJ at his job to move here but my wife is still hoping someday he moves down here with us.

I'm really not so sure he he ever coming down here to live with us. I just think he likes being independent and living on his own.

He is so busy with work he hasn't even come down to see us here yet and we haven't be back to NJ since we left either.  We talk to him a lot though on phone and see him on Skype.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha will turn 1 July 7th.  Annabel was born on March 3, 2022, so she is just over 3 months old.

Thank you.  I realize now I had their names missed up on my post.   Samantha's coat and tail are beautiful.    Annabel looks like such a sweetie too!  

• Like 1