Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have taken that same photo of my guys each year at the start of football season. Here is the first one, from 2012. ❤️❤️❤️

0AA420EF-62AB-4A77-A1FB-E45DFF09C167.thumb.jpeg.92de89553b07c95d0813898aec26c679.jpeg

Love it!   

Edit...I see it!    Handsome men you have😀

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Had a late lunch at Sharkey's in Radford, Va. , It's near Radford University. Lots of College Kids hang out there watching Football Games and Drinking.

20220910_145315.jpg

We both had Ribs and Wings with different sauces on each.

20220910_151014.jpg

They have lots of TV's on all the walls around the place. One screen is 12 ft from corner to corner diagonally. 

20220910_145349.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome back. 😀  How are the apple pies?   Have you tried making applesauce yet? 

Pies were great, finished the last one a couple days ago. Have not attempted apple sauce yet............We did however just have an apple peeler come in the mail my Wife bought, cores and peels them. Also gave a lot of the apples away to the neighbors.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just scrolling through some pictures and it hit me how much something can change in 5 months. This is 2mos and now at 7mos old...

FB_IMG_1648252470758.thumb.jpg.b43c3c1195dd81e4fd2510477a7bdb5a.jpg

20220905_090740.thumb.jpg.2c1322d25f47cd437919abb8559a8da5.jpg

I never would have thought little timid looking Jade would turn into the elegant cat she is today. Just beautiful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Barry is a true Hero.  May he RIP 🙏

We are seeing a lot of military planes and helicopters flying overhead our neighborhood today.  I'm sure it's for the 9/11 memorials tomorrow.

My family is blessed that my Brother missed his flight out of Boston that morning as he forgot a work portfolio in his hotel room and had taxi drive back for it.  

Thanks,Debbie.
 I am very glad to hear that your brother missed his flight.

I will be watching the ceremonies tomorrow morning as I always do either on tape on the days when I was at a live presentation or on tv when broadcasted.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Very true Dani.  When my mom was killed eight years ago I needed some therapy. Sometimes  it helps to talk to someone not directly involved in the situation.  

There was a time in my life when someone very close to me was killed and I needed to be in therapy.It helped me greatly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Miami did a tribute to September 11, 2001. 

AWESOME!

E0596D98-1FB1-47F8-8D84-19B38E8C2082.thumb.jpeg.b08156a7bf0f6971aeb40f687a51521a.jpeg

We were at the first football game in Dallas after 9/11 and they also had a huge flag covering the entire field , very emotional.  One of my buddies who lived in Brooklyn at the time was on his roof and went down to get his binoculars when he got back the one tower was down . I worked a few blocks from there when the World Trade Center was built and remember going to the tkts location in the World Trade Center a couple before to buy tkts for broadway plays a couple of months before 9/11.

• Like 5

So tonight I made something completely different. Ever tried a "Tequila Old Fashioned?" The key is to use a really good Anejo Tequila. I used a new brand that I really like called "Una Familia." It tasted outstanding. I never thought you could do this.

IMG_8517.thumb.jpg.3bc36287c24a09d07a11bd6e9847dde9.jpg

Tequila Old Fashioned

1.5oz Good Anejo Tequila

1 Teaspoon simple syrup

2 dashes of Angostura Bitters

Garnish with Orange Peel

Cheers!!!!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

So tonight I made something completely different. Ever tried a "Tequila Old Fashioned?" The key is to use a really good Anejo Tequila. I used a new brand that I really like called "Una Familia." It tasted outstanding. I never thought you could do this.

Tequila Old Fashioned

1.5oz Good Anejo Tequila

1 Teaspoon simple syrup

Garnish with Orange Peel

Cheers!!!!!!

We were at our favorite upscale restaurant tonight to listen to music, unfortunately we went to a once great Italian restaurant that is now terrible before,  I normally stick to gin and tonic there started with that then had a rare breed wild Turkey which is well over a hundred proof then went to Hennessy cognac , owner then bought another round so another Hennessy, bartender bought a round so a pretty cheap night with great music.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Tequila Old Fashioned

1.5oz Good Anejo Tequila

1 Teaspoon simple syrup

Garnish with Orange Peel

Cheers!!!!!!

OK. That does it. You are now the official bartender on the Bella cruise!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s a beautiful evening in Sydney. Many Sydneysiders like ourselves have caught the ferry across the harbour to view the Opera House Sails this evening and more still are at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (no cruise ship in tonight) taking photos & videos.2A42305D-FDE8-4909-A843-B5A3266E67D5.thumb.jpeg.98471a0c561d85a0ec8cbcc80ef183c5.jpeg

We are currently sitting outside sipping champagne and people watching with the Opera House in view.

Do you know how long it will be there? We won’t be there until October 29th. Hope we get to see it.

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

As promised a picture of the cactus blooming.  Not exactly a pleasant fragrance either and it draws flies.  LOL

Resized_20220910_104608.thumb.jpeg.82b54d6fca5f8080b0597f9c63fa3a81.jpeg

Neat looking flower.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Prince William is next in line after his dad King Charles 3rd then his oldest son George is next in line after William.

How does that work with Prince Harry? He isn’t in line to be King?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Today was Kenzie's 2nd birthday!

image.thumb.png.d84d7411ce02654d0bec93c7c757cddf.png

Happy Birthday to Kenzie.

Today, September 11th, would have been my Mother-in-law’s 89th birthday.  She passed 13 years ago.  After the 9/11 attacks, she never wanted to celebrate her birthday, because she said that had taken all the joy out of that date.

• Like 7

On 9/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, h20skibum said:

My first “and then……” from a somewhat normal day.

I hear from my sister, that my nephew is in the hospital.  He had arthroscopic knee surgery last week, and he woke up to a very swollen knee.   The hospital drained a lot of fluid, and thought it was a staph infection that will need IV antibiotics.  Four to six weeks of IV antibiotics, and they are testing to see if it got in his bloodstream. 

I think this is his third knee surgery, and he is only 38.  That is a lot for such a young age, but it stems from a football injury when he was younger.  Hopefully they will get it under control.

Sometimes it feels like the family is jinxed.

And then……..

Sorry you having to deal with this in the extended family on top of your daughters illness 

My youngest son played well into his mid 20s and has had a succession of football related issues and ops with his knees and ankles over the last three years 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 7:00 PM, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

IMG_20220909_174808.jpg

IMG_20220909_181619.jpg

Methinks you are cruising again ?

Interesting ports ?

We should of been on Anthem today but cancelled because of the new baby. It would of been our third time on her and our first RC cruise since 2019. Now we will have to wait till next year 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:20 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is always the opposite of a "normal" cruiser.   He usually losses a couple pounds and docs love his blood work after he gets home from a cruise.    

I tell my doc I don't want labs for at least a month after I get home from a cruise.    I don't want to see my numbers after all the rich delicious food😁

Tell me his secret . On The Beyond 10 day cruise in June I put on 13lbs😬  .  A lot of it was water though, as I lost 9bs the next week

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:53 PM, A&L_Ont said:

My mom has felt the same these last few days. The Queen was very much like my mom’s mother; from looks to mannerisms. Just no jewels and titles.

I also feel like I lost a grandmother. 

Thank you Andrew.  All my condolences to all our Canadian friends and the Canadian Nation 🙏 

I heard on the radio Canada was the first country to use the words King in a formal ceremony.  New Canadians were half way through their nationality ceremony when news came through 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

A long planned trip to London to visit friends turned into a walk to Buckingham Palace where my friend laid some flowers.  I picked some Rosemary sprigs from the garden to tuck into her bouquet.  In the language of flowers, rosemary is for remembrance and Love.

It's was extremely crowded with areas around the front and the mall closed off due to King Charles's formal ceremony at St James Palace . So we couldn't get to the front of BP but there were areas all around the Palace where people were leaving flowers 

20220910_130632.thumb.jpg.66c117e92bc5f154283040eca71e89b6.jpg

20220910_124823.thumb.jpg.da6f50c359b72f22cc05f69768ea3bf6.jpg

20220910_124653.thumb.jpg.42e7d574ba47e48b9ef9928d0be105f6.jpg

IMG-20220910-WA0013.thumb.jpg.99a7841a27da3bc6fc565bfb69a78dca.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1