Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Keys - we have  2 cars both Subarus  and 4 keys being shared by 4 adults.  We make it work but we don’t have distinctive key rings as a result and there is always a key floating in my bag.  Went to the Subaru mechanic recently to collect car earlier than usual  after service.  Forgot mechanic leaves  key in car console for me so when I paid bill I automatically collected keys on counter as I was paying.  Came home, separated keys for DH and I.  About half an hour later, I went to go out again and the key I had wouldn’t open car.  Realised I had picked up someone else’s key. Drove straight back to mechanic to return key that wasn’t mine.  About an hour later, I went to drive our other car, that key wouldn’t open our car either. Realised I had managed to collect two different keys.  Back to mechanic again 🤦‍♀️

I have a Subaru too. The turkey was an add on. 

Timmy on New Car.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm not much of a drinker, but a local bar had specialty "fall drinks" a couple years ago when I was there with friends.  I enjoyed a drink of apple cider with Fireball (cinnamon booze) garnished with a donut hole!  

We have had that warm apple cider / fireball combination with a cinnamon stick.  They taste great on a cool fall day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I have a Subaru too. The turkey was an add on. 

Timmy on New Car.JPG

Your turkeys are so much more impressive than our brush turkeys.  Thankfully they don’t climb cars - they just play chicken with the traffic on our roads.

Possums on the other hand - car was covered in possum poop pellets the other day.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I did. I posted on Trip Advisor.
 I said the food is good but the elevator outside is a death trap. 
What I wish we had done was figure out who to notify about it. 
We were so wiped out by the previous day’s panic we were just glad to have survived it all. 

Maybe let the local fire brigade know or food hygiene people who give cleanliness certificates? Sounds horrific and a death trap 

Well done to your DH for his quick thinking and coming up with a solution 👏 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Your turkeys are so much more impressive than our brush turkeys.  Thankfully they don’t climb cars - they just play chicken with the traffic on our roads.

Possums on the other hand - car was covered in possum poop pellets the other day.

But your Possums are so much cuter than ours! Ours are like giant rats. (not cute) Beneficial, but not as adorable as your Australian version. 

• Like 4

How's this for a coincidence. My sister in law turned on the news last night about 9pm, it was showing live feed of people filing in past our late Queens coffin in Westminster Hall. There on the screen was clearly a member of our extended family with her 92 year old mother . My SIL took a photo of the TV screen. It is such a good photo, shows just the two of them in front of the coffin along with the officers of the vigil. 

Amazing when you think of the hundreds of thousands that will file past in the next few days 

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

How's this for a coincidence. My sister in law turned on the news last night about 9pm, it was showing live feed of people filing in past our late Queens coffin in Westminster Hall. There on the screen was clearly a member of our extended family with her 92 year old mother . My SIL took a photo of the TV screen. It is such a good photo, shows just the two of them in front of the coffin along with the officers of the vigil. 

Amazing when you think of the hundreds of thousands that will file past in the next few days 

Perfect timing and glad she had the presence of mind to take a photo.  Will you be travelling there, Sue?

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade was initially limited for the first month or so. She was so small it was really hard to find her since she was in hiding mode most of the time. However, the house is now hers.

At one time I had a Pontiac Grand Prix. The Fob definitely could be pried apart to change the battery.

One time, I had a Grand Prix, and all it had was a key.

PICT4954.thumb.JPG.17cb801693360db8a70ee96bd4b1dd29.JPG

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

A friend's house caught fire from a toaster. He placed a bag of groceries next to it and realized he forgot a bag at the store. While he was gone the bag collapsed and the toaster button was pushed down. The bag caught on fire.

They lost everything.

OMG, that is Horrible!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Do the possums nails scratch cars?  

On 9/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, mo&fran said:

The truck we used on the  dairy farm was an F250. When you said split rims I figured it wasn't a half ton. Our farm truck had a full floater rear axle, that I don't believe the half ton trucks had, and dealer installed helper springs. That first gear came in real handy if you had a load on and on rough ground.

I don’t use first unless it is a crawl speed that is needed. The truck is more like a three speed to me. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, mo&fran said:

LMC has some shows , I think on Motor Trend TV. I don't think I ever  watched it.

Curious how long the restoration took.  

This restoration took just under two years. They have done 3 for me in total and they restored a 4th car that I purchased through them for a previous client. Had you watched their show you might be have seen me on a couple episodes.

I arranged a tour for @OurusualbeachKen and his son a few years ago and I think they enjoyed it. A lot of eye candy there. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never even thought about this.  We put our dishwasher on time delay so that it runs in the middle of the night.  I can't imagine waking up to water that has spread all across our one-story house.  Might need to rethink our strategy.

My funniest dishwasher story took place about 50 years ago.  DH and 3 friends rented a townhouse for their senior year of college instead of living in the dorms.  One day they ran out of dishwasher soap and assumed they could just use regular dish soap.  The suds poured out and covered the kitchen floor.  It looked like something from an I Love Lucy episode.  I think that was the only time that year the kitchen floor got mopped!

• Like 1
  • Haha 12