Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, singinalot said:

this video was around 9:30 this morning. Just starting to get windy but nothing too bad.

IMG_8338.MOV 14.49 MB · 2 downloads  

the marina was emptying of water as everything was pushing out…we’ve never even seen those rocks before the water is always high

B9F9264A-428B-49F7-9958-BDC581F0FAB9.thumb.jpeg.8c00c4c209ea630d08817266823cf000.jpeg

Those rocks are keeping that sidewalk up there where it is, otherwise that sidewalk would be sinking into the water.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

fast forward to 1pm and notice how much lower the water is continuing to go

So weird how the water gets sucked out by the storm, only to return with a vengeance when the storm surge hits.  Very tricky and deceitful of Mother Nature, not to mention dangerous.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So weird how the water gets sucked out by the storm, only to return with a vengeance when the storm surge hits.  Very tricky and deceitful of Mother Nature, not to mention dangerous.

Think it just shows you just how powerful the winds can get to move that much water the other direction. Simply amazing how powerful the wind can get.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@singinalot  I don't know if it's just my desktop computer on my android phone, I can never see any of your video's.............Anybody else have the same problem with her video's?

No problem with my Windows laptop. Just click on the image &  it plays.

On my Samsung S10e (android) phone, they appear as a paper clip with a *.mov name. I need to click to download & open but other that that, it plays just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a cousin who lives in Naples. Today is a bit of a stressful day.

Just a saw video of someone at work that has a home in a Naples and his Wife is there (she stayed).    His boat that was raised up above his dock is just about under water and his jet skiis that were also raised up are total immersed.   Can no longer see his yard and his infinity pool is now level with the water from the canal.   His wife is going to stop filming and lower their fabric storm shutters (will have to look them up, never heard of them) but it is a $11M custom home he had built 2 or 3 years ago and he had it built to survive any storm (he hopes).    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I know hurricanes are no laughing matter...but since one of my Floridian friends posted this.

Any truth to this "Cone of Uncertainly / Danger / Drinking"??

Hurricane Track.jpg

I find that humor is helpful in difficult situations. That’s obviously not true for everyone. Since we are still fairly new Floridians, my friend sent me this:

image.thumb.jpeg.349a7151773bf55854d9a8265d460352.jpeg

• Haha 11

24 minutes ago, singinalot said:

people have told me that before and i think it is because they’re on my iphone. I’d have to use a website to convert them to something else I think

I use an app on my iPhone to convert movies to mp4 format.  It is called iConv. 

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I use an app on my iPhone to convert movies to mp4 format.  It is called iConv. 

I’ll have to give iConv a try. I downloaded a different app (called Media Converter) to convert to mp4 but the resulting file wouldn’t upload to CC for some reason. If I have longer videos to post, I’ll upload to YouTube and then embed the YouTube link in a post. For short videos like what Crystal posted, I just insert the native iPhone .mov file, but I know that’s a problem for Android users. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@singinalot  I don't know if it's just my desktop computer on my android phone, I can never see any of your video's.............Anybody else have the same problem with her video's?

Sometimes the .mov works for me, sometimes not. I can view these. After downloading I have a choice of how to view. Only 1 option works for me. They show up in my Gallery download folder. I have a Samsung android.

• Like 1

My Dad's wife lives in Venice FL.  She does not have a cell phone.  We communicate by email which she only gets when she goes to the library.   We tried calling here landline but no answer.   She had a neighbor take care of her last time.  We are hoping they did this time too.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

the Egrets are getting their dinner

ACA2277A-A956-4F96-A88D-4E37055084BA.thumb.jpeg.d6b11b06412ab397baab99c6f63c5ff3.jpeg

the roof of the construction across the street 30 mins ago

381E6780-FE3B-4D6C-B05C-FB6001E6CF97.thumb.jpeg.b7a6534144a926f59439dae1728fe16a.jpeg

and now

looks like that flap on the top top is ready to fly too

CC20BC7B-5060-4D63-80C0-EB596D155769.thumb.jpeg.09ebbdcc3b50abafe9d9a736aa497bcd.jpeg

Is that opening across the street from your house belong to the house going up across from you or is that another lot for another house? Hope not, it would block your view of the Marina.

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

we need a hug emoji response

Totally agree!

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My daughter, in Ft Myers, loaded up her cats and all needed supplies , and drove to a co workers house.They are now in a closet, with all of the animals, but as of now they still have power. The wind blew open a door and they decided that they had had enough. They are only 5 miles inland and Ian is there now.

Our house has never been so clean or cold. When I'm stressed I cook and clean so all of the laundry is done, dinner is made, and inside temp is 60. My husband is asking when we can turn it warmer. 

That's scary. I hope everyone stays safe.

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

is everyone sick of hurricane coverage or would you like to see some updates on how today is progressing here?

No your detailed reporting is vital to us as long as you can stay safe. Your health and safety are more important to us.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Plays fine on my MacBook but that's because it likes iphone video. A video converter like the others said will work for you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

its another lot but they don’t plan to build for a couple years. young guy who lives in Orlando and is in no rush

It's a great view you have there now. 🙂

We had someone buy the lot next to us last year about this time. A couple about 35 years old, thinking they were going to build this past Spring but never did. We heard from one of our neighbors who knows the buyers they are splitting up and getting a divorce.

All that happens over there the past year is the guy comes over with his riding mower and mows the grass. 

I'm betting he is going to put it back up for sale, but he paid a bundle for it. If he hoping to get his money back he is going to be holding it for a long, long time.

We like it how it is now, rather not have anyone build there.

• Like 4