Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Try not to overdue it at work tomorrow, Debbie!  Other than exhaustion, how are you feeling?

We've had the heat on since returning home Thursday night!!!  I even went into the attic and got our winter comforter for the bed.

Today is much better, still congested, I can occasionally breathe thru my nose.   I was on the phone with my SIL and started to lose my voice.  No sore throat so don't know why that was happening.  

Just watched ambulance take one of my elderly neighbors away.  He has had a lot of medical issues this year and his Wife told one of the other neighbors he is just too much for her to care for.   Sad to hear that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am talking about prior to 1962.Mathis had 4 big songs.Bennett had his greatest hits in the 50’s

I came of age listening to Johnny Mathis songs.  When I hear "Chances Are" I am transported back to my early teens, dancing with BOYS!  I never cared for Bennett until years later.  His songs with Lady GaGa are exceptional. 

There will always be only one Sinatra.

Awhile back someone complained in here when we had song/music chat so we better move on 😏

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Try not to overdue it at work tomorrow, Debbie!  Other than exhaustion, how are you feeling?

Loving thoughts for you and Pauline, Graham!

We've had the heat on since returning home Thursday night!!!  I even went into the attic and got our winter comforter for the bed.

Thank you so much Maryann.

Graham.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What is the dish in the first photo, Graham?  Looks like a lovely evening in memory of Pauline’s mam.

Thank you.

It was Scallops.

Paulines late mam loved it here.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I came of age listening to Johnny Mathis songs.  When I hear "Chances Are" I am transported back to my early teens, dancing with BOYS!  I never cared for Bennett until years later.  His songs with Lady GaGa are exceptional. 

Awhile back someone complained in here when we had song/music chat so we better move on 😏

🤔

I have really been having trouble keeping up with this thread and the LIVEs.  

Today was a day for errands.  Lunch today. 

3A233AAA-7494-4E13-8D0C-42EEF3F6065D.thumb.jpeg.6cd7d9bb47efdb3de41fbeaa8593a4fd.jpeg

It was cloudy, windy, and a temperature that said feels like 31°, so it was hard to get motivated to go out for a walk.  But we did, and saw this. 

I think if I would have stood there long enough, she would have walked up to me. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a very faint positive too.   Yes, the simplest chores tire me out. 

I'm sure my in bin at work will be full so I plan on staying in my office and work on the computer all day tomorrow with lots of caffeine.

Sorry you’re still tiring so easily. Do you have any other symptoms?  You’ll probably be very tired when you get home tomorrow night, but it sounds like you have a good caretaker!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Apropo of nothing, I wonder how many people know (or care) that you can smile in your passport photo. 
We had ours done at AAA yesterday because no charge as members. 
The photographer said she’d have to retake mine because I smiled. 
I said it would be fine. That a natural smile is ok. She said no, you can’t show your teeth. 
I thanked her and we left for the Post Office. 
The clerk at the Passport window said my photo needed to be retaken because my teeth were showing. 
I repeated that it’s ok. 
So she packed everything up and took my credit card. 
Got home and Dick said I was nuts to insist it was ok, when two people whose job entails passport applications tried to warn me. 
So he Googled it. 
Evidently the State Dept didn’t get the word out except on their website. 
I hope whoever processes our renewals has been told a natural smile that doesn’t change the face is acceptable. 
The website even has example photos!

I wish I’d known this when we renewed ours recently.  I look scary!  Even worse than my driver’s license photo and I didn’t think that was possible. At least my two form of ID are consistent! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

3A233AAA-7494-4E13-8D0C-42EEF3F6065D.thumb.jpeg.6cd7d9bb47efdb3de41fbeaa8593a4fd.jpeg

It was cloudy, windy, and a temperature that said feels like 31°, so it was hard to get motivated to go out for a walk.  But we did, and saw this. 

IMG_6105.MOV 24.83 MB · 2 downloads

I think if I would have stood there long enough, she would have walked up to me. 

I came in here to whine and complain about the awful Chinese food lunch we have and here is yours looking a lot better than ours.  I don't care for buffet at all but Jack loves it so we went to his favorite buffet.  No shrimp hot dishes at all, just cold with cocktail sauce.  Wantons in the soup were so overcooked they had the consistency of sponges.  No chewing necessary.  They sort of melted once in my mouth.  Spare ribs looked meaty and delicious but they were dry as toast.  I won't go on and on because you get the picture. It was the 1st time we were there since the world broke in 2020 and apparently it will be the last.

Mid 60s today, sunny and totally delightful.  Thursday we're back to mid 80s.

My laptop mouse is less than a year old and I keep losing the pointer.  Luckily this laptop has a touch screen.

Enjoying all the Live and Near Live reports.

Carry on.

I keep losing my mouse pointer.  Very frustrating but thankfully, I have a touch sch

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sorry you’re still tiring so easily. Do you have any other symptoms?  You’ll probably be very tired when you get home tomorrow night, but it sounds like you have a good caretaker!

Yes, Eric has been wonderful.   Today was my first day hanging out in family room.    

Yes, I am still very congested and coughing.

I'm going to try my best to work all day tomorrow but don't want to push it either.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

There are several music threads in the Floataway Lounge that I and others from this thread post on.

I was in my early teens when Johnny Mathis released Chances Are .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

IMG_6105.MOV 24.83 MB · 3 downloads  

I spotted Yum Yum Sauce 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Welcome to the neighborhood (almost)!  Sorry to hear that you will be leaving your current house, but I think you'll love it here.  We were just saying how nice it is to return from a vacation to a place where it feels like you're on vacation all the time.  😁 

I suppose that retirement also plays into that sensation of vacation at home?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wasn't too happy that Eric put on heat last night for the first time.  I set up humidifier with new filter for the bedroom tonight.

We turned our heat on a few days ago just to make sure it all turned on as needed.  Supposed to go to low 40s tonight, that is quite cool here.  Still hoping to only use the electric fireplace if needed but like knowing the heat is there if we need it.  Future casts showing back in 60s and 70s next week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

That’s too bad for the Padres since you were wrong with three of your four picks on who would win the series 😁😁

I know you are picking the Yankees to win the World Series.I am so sure that they will not that  if by chance they do win I will send you a coupon for a FREE Sorrentos pizza pie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Heat in October? Not happening.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm with you.   I prefer a Warm kitty and snuggly comforter.  

At least it didn't come on all day, next couple of nights temps to drop below 32f, but still not ready for this to happen😔

We usually try to wait until November 1st, but I’ll admit the older I get, the harder that is.  Having a gas fireplace in the family room helps a lot for the main living areas. I actually prefer a cold bedroom for sleeping.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our heat has probably been on for the last month.  Too many cold nights. 

I'm with you, Mark!  The days of waiting until November to turn on the heat just doesn't cut it for me anymore!🙄 

• Like 3