Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, ownedbypets said:

My gallbladder was removed, laparoscopically, with a tiny incision right next to my belly button.

I had mine removed the same way, but I had 4 little incisions from mine, about 1/2” long or less.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I actually prefer a cold bedroom for sleeping.  

That’s why I like our zoned heating. Three thermostats in our house, so we keep bedrooms a little cooler.  Other areas set at different temperatures. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our heat has probably been on for the last month.  Too many cold nights. 

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm with you, Mark!  The days of waiting until November to turn on the heat just doesn't cut it for me anymore!🙄 

That is why God gave us electric blankets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

I had mine removed the same way, but I had 4 little incisions from mine, about 1/2” long or less.

I only had three incisions for mine, BUT.... I did have a cataract removed at a different hospital earlier in the day!

• Like 4

On 10/15/2022 at 3:30 PM, HBE4 said:

Pretty cool  pics and timely considering tonight's dinner but I have a few questions. Was the baby alligator caught in the pool? And isn't Nate just a bit worried standing in the water where Momma alligator may be lurking?

That’s exactly what I was thinking. There’s no way I’d be standing in that water. He is definitely braver than me.

18 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I only had three incisions for mine, BUT.... I did have a cataract removed at a different hospital earlier in the day!

Geez ! Guess you had the day off and decided what the heck to have 2  surgeries in the same day and be done with it.

Edited by Jimbo

On 10/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL Enjoying your TR and look forward to following along.  I would have reached out to you before now if I was able to meet up with you on the 29th.  And I see from your TR you are in Sydney after NZ, we are away interstate on those dates.  I do hope you have a great time in Sydney & New Zealand.

Thanks. I’m not even sure what we will be doing in Sydney yet. Enjoy your trip.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:06 AM, Jimbo said:

It's surprising just magnets are holding up all that weight? They must be very strong.

These are the ones we use which are very strong. When we bought them I think they were 11.00. Definitely went up in price.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Magnet-65-lb-Magnetic-Pull-Hook-07580HD/202639939

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, OnTheJourney said:

Thanks for asking. I wouldn't say very sick - but did have a really bad cough and congestion, some chills, fatigue, achiness. I agree on people coughing especially towards the end of the cruise. Heard lots of it. We were not involved in any slot pulls. Just finished the 5-day paxlovid treatment and now the cough came back though not as bad. Hoping to test negative soon. A bonus to this cruise is that we moved up to Diamond Plus. Pinnacle, at 512 points away (lol), seems pretty much unattainable since we enjoy cruising with a few other lines. Now if they'd keep giving quadruple points like our last two cruises, that'd help. I suspect those days are gone though. 

Sorry to hear you ended up with covid and didn’t feel well. Congrats on making D+. Enjoy that extra drink. 🍹😁

On 10/16/2022 at 9:53 AM, Jimbo said:

Lunch today at our favorite Italian Restaurant---   Sal's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria  in Radford, Va.

20221016_135536.thumb.jpg.386459d43633cf3852c9266f5b370c43.jpg 

That pizza looks delicious.

On 10/16/2022 at 2:51 PM, Tree_skier said:

This thread is so hard to keep on...

One day behind means 10 pages to view!

I had one of the best steaks of my life yesterday at a little place in Claremont CA called The Meat Cellar.  I had the Prime Tomahawk (apx. 2 lbs)  It was truly spectacular.  I'll definitely be going back.

IMG_0012.jpeg

That looks good.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:46 PM, brillohead said:

I use these for various toiletries and miscellany. 

I pack it at home -- toothbrush / paste / floss, cotton swabs, sunscreen, nail polish, deodorant, hand lotion, hair potions, hair elastics/accessories, hairbrushes, sunglasses, shaving items, OTC meds, ointments/creams, bandages, pens/notepaper -- anything small enough that doesn't have another place to live.  

Aren’t the pockets to deep for some of that stuff or do you have one with pockets that are more shallow?

On 10/16/2022 at 5:22 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

What are p-platers?

On 10/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

…Second story:  At the Rome train station on the day we arrived, we had to wait outside the gate until our train came in from Florence to take us to Florence.  There was only one seat in between 2 men on a bench.  I went over and took that seat.  The gentleman on my right was on the phone a lot.  Finally, he made a little room so that DH can sit down also.  DH asked him if he was going to Florence.  He said no, in fact, he was waiting for his son and daughter in law to come in from Florence so they can fly home.  Home is ‘South Africa for them.  He told us that they had been in Italy for a 4 week holiday.  On the 3rd day here, his wife fell terribly ill.  She was taken to the hospital and found that she had double pneumonia so she was admitted and been in the ICU since. Their whole itinerary was questionable at that point.  They were supposed to start the holiday on the Sept. 18 (?) 9 Night Odyssey Greek Isle cruise and then tour Tuscany, Sienna. Genoa and Florence.  He said they had to cancel the cruise for him and his wife.  His son and daughter in law went on the planned cruise and rest of the planned trips.  He had to stay with his wife although he could not see her all that time.  No one was allowed into the ICU.  She’d been intubated and was in a coma for 3 weeks.  The doctors spoke no English.  Everything was communicated through an interpreter.  After 4 weeks, she was still in no condition to go home.  It’d be too iffy to be on a plane for such a long flight home.  So she has to stay in the hospital in Rome.  Husband and son and DIL have to go home for work.   But he said on the last day he was there before he was to go home, the doctors got him all suited up and quietly snuck him in to see his wife.  He spent an hour in the ICU with her and said goodbye.  He broke down in tears. The doctors said don’t count days until she’s ready to go home, count weeks.  While we were sitting there talking, he got a video phone call from the interpreter and we got to see her and wave to her.  She was awake. They talked for awhile and then the train from Florence came in along with the son and DIL.  It was time for us to board the train now.  We said goodbye and said that we would like to keep in touch with them and to learn of her continued progress.  

Sorry for the long stories.  Just so sad.  Never fails to bring tears to my eyes.  You just never expected anything like this to happen.  

That’s horrible that happened to his wife. He must have felt so alone and scared. I know I would have. Did they know what she had? It sounded scary.

• Like 2

Almost saw a No-Hitter tonight in San Diego.

Phillies take Game 1 

2-0  on 2 homeruns, one by Harper and one Schwarber

7 innings for Wheeler, gave up  only the one hit

and a Playoff game under 3 hours, nice paced game.

Aaron Nola on the mound tomorrow for the Phillies

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 5:59 AM, Jimbo said:

Sounds like your Boss has come to his senses and that he is trying to guard against this becoming more serious then it all ready is. Sounds like something I mentioned earlier that there would be more positives in your work space.

Sometimes only so much can be done. Not all jobs allow for working at home and businesses just can’t close up or they might lose customers.

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Years ago that was the Aquarium Bar. And yes, there were two huge aquariums built into the walls.

I would have loved to have seen that.

13 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

While away in TN last week I booked a cruise for Oct. 30th, NCL Breakaway. 
Canada/New England.  Great low price!  That gives me less than 2 weeks to get packing.  
I'll stay packed since I'll be on another cruise Nov. 26st to Bermuda, NCL Joy.

TN was breathtaking.  Dollywood was awesome.  

Here's the site to the cabin I rented...which was perfect.

Just glad I didn't see any bears.  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43235670?source_impression_id=p3_1666101996_ahfDLExJ8oT5zwwR

That looks like a lovely place. Glad you enjoyed your time in Tennessee.

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Awhile back someone complained in here when we had song/music chat so we better move on 😏

I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions on topics here so music chat to your hearts content. ♥️ 

• Like 7

On 10/17/2022 at 5:29 PM, dani negreanu said:

6am at our beach ... fearless souls 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.73e5149f086239d642a421ff4bbc528a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.018c01476d04e1749bba46a465399b4d.jpeg

Looks lovely,  I would join in if I was there. Its quite a thing in UK for swimming groups to swim in the ocean every day of the year even in mid winter 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our heat has probably been on for the last month.  Too many cold nights. 

We're trying to limit it to two hours in morning and three in the evening and have it set to 18c. Gas and electric prices have gone through the roof here and of course that's having an effect on everything you buy as well as keeping your house warm 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is 38 this morning.  Turned the heat on last night.  Supposed to be 60s+ for the next couple of days so it will stay on until it gets back to the 70s on Friday.  

We are 34 here in Canada. 😳

• Like 1

I woke up and looked out the window, and said “WHAT IS THIS S***?”

That’s right, it is SNOW!!!  I made a little snowball to bring in to Susan. 

A7D720F4-C83A-47C4-B872-A5A4DB98F46A.thumb.jpeg.abcf57b29aae8c66504a485cfd3a286a.jpeg

Now it is up to 33° and it had changed to freezing rain.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is 38 this morning.  Turned the heat on last night.  Supposed to be 60s+ for the next couple of days so it will stay on until it gets back to the 70s on Friday.  

Heat is on in the 60's? I ride my bike in shorts and a t-shirt when it's that hot.🙂

• Haha 7