Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm about as bitter as they come for obvious reasons but from what I read about the illegal bat is that it was banned for safety reasons,  not because it gave the the batter any kind of performance enhancement. Supposedly it shatters more easily than other bats. 

At least that's MLBs explanation. Of course, this is the same MLB that ignored the rumors of cheating for 2 years until a whistle-blower came forward.  Even then, I felt MLB dragged is feet until the evidence became overwhelming. 

Of course, knowing that they are under the microscope,  the Astros would have to know to be on their best behavior and keep things on the up and up. 

The illegal bat, actually the barrel of the bat is larger where the sweet spot is. Might have helped Pujols reach the 700 club...........He was only allowed to use that bat because he started to play before 2010 when then the bat was legal, he was grandfathered in.

Why best behavior when the Astros weren't really penalized in 2017 or 2018? Plus they want to win the first one for Dusty Baker no matter what it takes.

This was after the Phillies Comeback in Game #1 in Houston

https://www.mlb.com/phillies/news/young-fan-soaks-in-phillies-world-series-game-1-comeback?partnerId=zh-20221031-742599-MLB-1-B&qid=100000046&utm_id=zh-20221031-742599-MLB-1-B&bt_ee=Ip%2F0WPzlAXY4m4cadHw%2F%2BPYNC3745dZR0BAw1N5tSZ2Qq4QaraJ%2F%2F0xE9g%2BTJyJp&bt_ts=1667243182728

ppsjum8itu25rmmurapm

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Today, our beautiful granddaughter Erin is celebrating her 21st Birthday!  She was our very first grandchild, who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop!!

We had rushed up to Massachusetts when our SIL called to say that our daughter Jennifer was in labor.  By the time we got to the hospital, it was just after midnight.  As we sat in the hallway, we asked a passing Nurse if she knew if our daughter had given birth yet.  She went and checked, and said that she had, and was still in the Delivery Room.  She asked if we'd like to go in and see her.  Really???  In the Delivery Room?  Jim and I quietly walked in, and there was our SIL, holding our Erin.  He asked if I'd like to hold the baby.  OMG!!!!  I held Erin in my arms, and she looked right into my eyes.  Love at first sight!💕

Happy 21st Birthday to Erin. 

What a beautiful memory you have of seeing & holding your  granddaughter for the very first time.  

Erin is blessed to have such loving grandparents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today, our beautiful granddaughter Erin is celebrating her 21st Birthday!  She was our very first grandchild, who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop!!

We had rushed up to Massachusetts when our SIL called to say that our daughter Jennifer was in labor.  By the time we got to the hospital, it was just after midnight.  As we sat in the hallway, we asked a passing Nurse if she knew if our daughter had given birth yet.  She went and checked, and said that she had, and was still in the Delivery Room.  She asked if we'd like to go in and see her.  Really???  In the Delivery Room?  Jim and I quietly walked in, and there was our SIL, holding our Erin.  He asked if I'd like to hold the baby.  OMG!!!!  I held Erin in my arms, and she looked right into my eyes.  Love at first sight!💕

Happy 21st birthday to your granddaughter. 

• Thanks 1

World Series Game #3

I don't see any window to get this game in.  Looks like a rain out to me.

Cancellation would be an advantage for Houston since they are going with a real starter McCullers and the Phillies are probably just using this as a bullpen game. Houston would hate to use McCullers for like 2 innings and then a long rain delay where he can't continue pitching.

Eagles play this Thursday, sure is good that, that the game is on the road in Houston because Game 5  would be Thursday now and parking would have been a nightmare in Philly.

Edited by Jimbo

Tomorrow I’ll catch up again. 
Today I’ve been busy and part has been trying to binge watch Amazing Race to catch up on it now that it’s moved to 9pm instead of 10!

meanwhile, Happy Halloween from me and my DD’s cat Jasmine. 

EC8047B4-0A96-469F-A416-439FB29AA967.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy birthday to Erin.21 is a special birthday for her .Enjoy her birthday.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

World Series Game #3

Cancellation would be an advantage for Houston since they are going with a real starter McCullers and the Phillies are probably just using this as a bullpen game. Houston would hate to use McCullers for like 2 innings and then a long rain delay where he can't continue pitching.

Eagles play this Thursday, sure is good that, that the game is on the road in Houston because Game 5  would be Thursday now and parking would have been a nightmare in Philly.

Syndegaard is the designated starting pitcher tonight for the Phillies.

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Syndegaard is the designated starting pitcher tonight for the Phillies.

Yes as he is throwing out the first pitch for the Phillies, but during all of the playoffs he has been coming out of the bull pen.............They are only hoping for like 3 innings out of him, nothing like McCullers where they are hoping for 6  or  7 innings

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Such a special memory and bond you will forever have with Erin.

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY🥰 to Erin.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes as he is throwing out the first pitch for the Phillies, but during all of the playoffs he has been coming out of the bull pen.............They are only hoping for like 3 innings out of him, nothing like McCullers where they are hoping for 6  or  7 innings

The game was postponed 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

World Series Game #3

We just started having a light rain.  I live about 1 hr northeast of the stadium

• Like 2

After raining most of the day, the rain stopped, and it turned into a nice night for trick or treating.  We take a table to the end of our drive, and a few of the neighbors will do the same. A few of the neighbors will come over and hang out at the bottom of our drive, and we all get caught up with one another.  

Yes, we are “THAT HOUSE”

9C441699-B887-4C03-B2BB-CEAA5FF3200F.thumb.jpeg.6d62bdb4ddbba3c1b2859acfba33a907.jpeg

A couple of my favorite costumes tonight. 

78815C8D-C84B-4458-A9CA-0675507F8CE4.thumb.jpeg.b2e8007281edcdd7616d7da039b7f0b1.jpeg

7D99E86E-0A8F-413A-861E-460615355B85.thumb.jpeg.cd47568666911eb570ab959391f6c255.jpeg

Sometimes, dinosaurs need to hitch a ride. 

015DEB38-5B6A-441D-AD65-338ED9A60EB7.thumb.jpeg.2397e29c0fe03890a5e2c2d37a66efbb.jpeg

We saw nothing but polite kids trick or treating tonight, and lots said thank you, especially when we told them they could have more than one.  

• Like 16

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was a wonderful afternoon .Non stop conversation except while we were having lunch.We even discussed cruising and CC.

Thank you.

So happy for you and Toby!!!!!

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We just got a call that my son in law Eric has Covid .He took the booster shot last week.

I hope his symptoms are mild.

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

7D99E86E-0A8F-413A-861E-460615355B85.thumb.jpeg.cd47568666911eb570ab959391f6c255.jpeg

We saw nothing but polite kids trick or treating tonight, and lots said thank you, especially when we told them they could have more than one.  

That skeleton costume is probably the best costume I have ever seen!!!!!!

Same here...every kid has been so very polite, with lots of wow...thank you so much!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

After raining most of the day, the rain stopped, and it turned into a nice night for trick or treating.  We take a table to the end of our drive, and a few of the neighbors will do the same. A few of the neighbors will come over and hang out at the bottom of our drive, and we all get caught up with one another.  

Yes, we are “THAT HOUSE”

9C441699-B887-4C03-B2BB-CEAA5FF3200F.thumb.jpeg.6d62bdb4ddbba3c1b2859acfba33a907.jpeg

78815C8D-C84B-4458-A9CA-0675507F8CE4.thumb.jpeg.b2e8007281edcdd7616d7da039b7f0b1.jpeg

Sometimes, dinosaurs need to hitch a ride. 

015DEB38-5B6A-441D-AD65-338ED9A60EB7.thumb.jpeg.2397e29c0fe03890a5e2c2d37a66efbb.jpeg

We had 6 or 8 kids before the rain started here😪

The ones we did have were all very nice and very happy when I said they could take 2 or 3 of the full size hershey bars, kit kits, Reese peanut butter cups, kit kits or m&ms.

Eva bolted out the front door and was thrilled to see the kids.   She was loving the attention.  One boy asked if she really was an all black cat or did I dress her up...too cute

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eva bolted out the front door and was thrilled to see the kids.   She was loving the attention.  One boy asked if she really was an all black cat or did I dress her up...too cute

That's great!!!!!!😊