Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Used my last Diamond voucher.. Sigh. I need to go to bed. Got up at 2 AM for this little venture and I want to get up early to explore the ship. 

This sucks. You get to get up tomorrow to explore the ship and we have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow to get off the ship. 😭😭😭  Hope you enjoy your cruise and the Odyssey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu Mike will be in Tel Aviv in a few days for a day. If there is only one thing to see what would be your choice? There was a tour company he was looking at, but I don’t remember the name and he’s sleeping. I’ll post the name tomorrow and see if you have heard of them.

@Jimbo Hope you’re feeling better. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We took the Metromover down to Bayside Marketplace today. From there we could see two Carnival whale tails, a Celebrity ship and one of the Virgin ships. I really don’t care for the look of them.  728A6DBA-28A2-4AEF-AA18-714FDD0C2984.thumb.jpeg.b4b1ddf05d05cff9c7edc2ed27841bfa.jpeg

When we were stuck in Miami we took the Metromover to Bayside.  We loved it there.  They had live music playing the time we visited. 

We saw a Virgin ship at one of the ports we visited this week.  I agree with you,  they look weird. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@dani negreanu Mike will be in Tel Aviv in a few days for a day. If there is only one thing to see what would be your choice?

Would it be a Saturday or a "regular" day during the week? The first thing that comes to my mind, and to DH's as well, is Jerusalem.... 

If he doesn't want to travel (being in a very short layover?) -- then Old Jaffa, with its picturesque lanes and art galleries, as well as the Flea Market.

A very good museum -- the Tel Aviv one.

This is one of the most recommended companies by cruisers who toured Israel -- Guided Tours Israel

https://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/ 

Pls. let me know his preferences, and I'll come back with more options.

Glad for him to have the opportunity to visit 😘

• Like 6

On 1/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I would be a bit more concerned about a same day flight but the plane gets in tonight and over nights at the airport here and it is non stop to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning. For two weeks I have been checking every day to see if it has been getting off on time! 

We're doing the same in May. Flying out day of cruise. Its just a two hour flight to Barcelona and the cruise port is close to airport so fingers 🤞 

Ours is also 6am and will be the first flight of the day for that plane

My back up is to fly to first port of Palma if it all goes horribly wrong 

• Like 5

On 1/27/2023 at 2:25 PM, Sea Dog said:

I’m curious how do find out if a plane will be arriving and staying overnight to be the first flight in the morning?

For Heathrow, there's a night jet ban from 11pm till 5am for arrivals and as we flying on an airline that is based at LHR its almost sure that it will of flown in the night before 

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Saw "The Book" tonight. No clue what it was about. Some interesting affects and tech. Two70 is sort of an odd venue. You sit too close to the action so you have to keep turning your head to take in what is happening. I much prefer the Aqua Theater of the O class. The venue has really odd seating also. And the bartender in there is not very engaging. I have found a bartender in the Schooner Bar that I think I like but he is so busy. However, he makes me better drinks than the guy in Two70.

I just want to  say that I love being at sea. I'm feeling very at peace tonight and it is not alcohol induced. I feel really blessed that I have the ability to make this part of my life... OK, maybe that is a little alcohol induced. 😉

I must say, I had no clue what the book was about either.  

As a note, if you go to the Effectors show in the theatre, don’t sit where the balcony overhang would obstruct your view of the drones. Either choose the balcony, or the area beyond the overhang. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm really glad I had the fortitude to get my a$$ out of bed this morning or I would be pretty annoyed with myself right now.

So the layout of this ship is pretty easy to get down but it still seems very chopped up compared to V/F/O class ships. But I now feel quite at home. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I must say, I had no clue what the book was about either.  

As a note, if you go to the Effectors show in the theatre, don’t sit where the balcony overhang would obstruct your view of the drones. Either choose the balcony, or the area beyond the overhang. 

I liked the area on left side just beyond balcony where stairs go down. Two performers pop out of a small doorvright in front of you

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interestingly, the note in the cabin about the DL says the coffee machine is available 24 hrs. a day. I was, in fact, able to get a cup at 5 this morning. What was an annoyance on Allure does not exist on this ship. 

20230129_054125.thumb.jpg.a20cf0e6cd11b75831019c4688f13f44.jpg

It's no doubt a challenge keeping them cleaned and stocked when crew sneaks in there all night

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@mo&fran It was nice to meet you and your wife. Hopefully we will see you again on another cruise.

Thanks, it was nice to meet you guys.  I suspect we will meet again, since we mostly sail out of FLL.  We enjoyed our first cruise with the gold card, I am sure you will also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm really glad I had the fortitude to get my a$$ out of bed this morning or I would be pretty annoyed with myself right now.

So the layout of this ship is pretty easy to get down but it still seems very chopped up compared to V/F/O class ships. But I now feel quite at home. 

For 270 there is a secret door...sshh...that we use on other quantum class ships to get to the balcony seating and the computer area where we used to work on laptops with a fabulous view when all curtains are open.

I like 270 Cafe for lunch too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have found a bartender in the Schooner Bar that I think I like but he is so busy. However, he makes me better drinks than the guy in Two70.

😉

I have found in the past that after several great tips to a bartender I like, they will give me lots of attention.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had dinner last night at a Cuban restaurant in Brickell Center.  Good food, great mojitos and this sign.  Sounds like words to live by!0199583C-45A7-4742-B50C-710023A7E585.thumb.jpeg.093c150234eafe47e126b47cbad67f46.jpeg

6A333DB5-CBC6-4146-BA0F-0CA4B63B4552.thumb.jpeg.9df35380ca50719730fe640e6b630b64.jpeg

What was the name of this place? I should have told you about Versailles in little Havana. A very famous Cuban restaurant.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Would it be a Saturday or a "regular" day during the week? The first thing that comes to my mind, and to DH's as well, is Jerusalem.... 

If he doesn't want to travel (being in a very short layover?) -- then Old Jaffa, with its picturesque lanes and art galleries, as well as the Flea Market.

A very good museum -- the Tel Aviv one.

This is one of the most recommended companies by cruisers who toured Israel -- Guided Tours Israel

https://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/ 

Pls. let me know his preferences, and I'll come back with more options.

Glad for him to have the opportunity to visit 😘

He will be there on February 1st. The companies he was looking at are Ben Gurion and Via Tours.

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

He will be there on February 1st. The companies he was looking at are Ben Gurion and Via Tours.

I couldn't find anything about "Ben Gurion".... might be a mistake, it's the name of our international airport [like JFK...].

Via Sabra gets rave reviews in TripAdvisor --

https://viasabra.com/

• Like 1