Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

One other thing to note about Fiona the hippo.  Each year, she chooses a Super Bowl winner (by selecting between team logo enrichment items).  In 2020, she chose Kansas City by vomiting on the Chiefs item. I'd apologize to @Sea Dog for this but since the Chiefs won that year, it was a good omen.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Geoducks, pronounced gooee ducks. They are giant horse clams. As kids in WA, we used to always try and dig them up like regular clams. But they have a giant syphon and they are really fast, and very difficult to sneak up on, before they blast down through the sand. You're supposed to dig a parallel hole and then slide a flattened can or shovel underneath them. We were always unsuccessful. (Stock photo) 😀

Geoduck.jpg

That doesn't look like anything I would want to hold, much less eat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I totally agree with your wife! 😀 Alaskan King Crab is my favorite, but Dungeness are on par, or a very close second. We used to dig clams in Port Angeles and Mukilteo. Steamed clams are great too. 😊 (I haven't eaten dinner yet😋)

Love it...we used to put in at Mukilteo all the time (usually to head to Hood Canal for a week or to fish off Possession Point).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and I don't remember ever using the heating this late in April 😢

We've been around 80F the past couple days, and they're saying we could have snow again on Monday. 

Michigan and Mother Nature are like divorcing spouses who aren't on speaking terms with each other! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Two days of 90 degree temps - officially I think Thursday was only 89 but I'm rounding up - was nice with no humidity. 

But now the normal 60's degree April days coming up are going to feel chilly!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, dpostman said:

Now, off to the Hot Tub that I spent most of the day getting ready for the season.

There is no season for ours.  We use it year round, but I usually prefer the outside temp above 0°F when I go in.  I do a drain, clean and refill on mine every three months.  Will be doing that again next month. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Friday everyone  - having a drink in honor of my friend (and barber) who passed away yesterday way too soon.  Viewing was today.    About 2 years ago he went to ER with extreme headache pains and left being diagnosed with brain cancer and  maybe 1 year to live.  He fought for 2 years and got to take his wife and 3 kids to Disney and to the beach one last time.  45 years old.  Harsh reminder of how fragile life is.  Please join me in a toast to Matt.  Cheers!  🍻🍻

70A2C703-C1A3-4037-8C49-6AAD661B531E.thumb.jpeg.bd0dd33897fc466af69cd1d9f96bf2a2.jpeg

Sorry to read that about your friend.  I will raise a glass today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

But the most rewarding time is with my husband. Friday and Saturday dinners and us time.  We always have a well

planned home made meal on Sunday s.  But right now that is not happening. 

So tonight we had filet, mushrooms green beans and salad. 

We found ourselves over in your area last night.  After a long day, we wanted to go out to eat, and decided to go to Up A Creek Tavern in Warren, Ohio.  We hadn’t been there since the pandemic.  Was pleased to see they still had reasonable prices. 

34219C50-C50A-4EC5-9A2C-D0A8D3241F9C.thumb.jpeg.d5fdab23af155e0854c0b1bfd9f05f2a.jpeg

These menus were from their website, and their updated ones have everything $1 more. Still some pretty good prices. 

D327F1CC-6576-4AC2-A0F9-0D99952A7DC5.thumb.jpeg.fff2c51d14b4ee9db986e07e52932cfb.jpeg

Add to that, but happy hour drinks were half off. 

E11A3BA1-3594-4086-AD6D-050A836E0064.thumb.jpeg.b9f0510bf9af0acf271f7061b3bcfe9f.jpeg

That was actually full, but I didn’t remember the photo till after a sip.  Only $2.40 for a tall summer shandy. 

Both of us ordered the broiled fish, and it was good sized and tasty. 

BF55B4CD-E101-4EA9-BA9F-EF7AFF6D01C8.thumb.jpeg.f8709d5a8519e3720688ff46e7879d38.jpeg

Everyone was enjoying being out in mid 80’s weather, and the band was just getting ready

0DFCC43E-B0E7-41CA-83BF-9D9F591D3819.thumb.jpeg.45b4b223a178e2ab350bf5d98ecba3df.jpeg

Enjoying before our normal April weather returns. 

• Like 15

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and I don't remember ever using the heating this late in April 😢

Using heat in Israel in April?  Wow!

I always loved hearing children's excited shouts up and down the street in Israel when the first rain of the season fell after a long hot rainless summer:  "Imaleh, imaleh, geshem yawred" - "Mommy, mommy, it's raining"!!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Nice! I think crab is nature's most perfect food. We are having 2 of our 4 remaining Dungeness crab tomorrow night for dinner. I doubt if I will remember to take a photo. But we have to appreciate them while we have them. 😊 They ended crab season early because the Gray Whales are on the move again. And salmon season has been cancelled altogether. 

Salmon season is cancelled??  I love salmon

A few years ago, we couldn't get any Grouper in Naples.  I love Grouper!

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Geoducks, pronounced gooee ducks. They are giant horse clams. As kids in WA, we used to always try and dig them up like regular clams. But they have a giant syphon and they are really fast, and very difficult to sneak up on, before they blast down through the sand. You're supposed to dig a parallel hole and then slide a flattened can or shovel underneath them. We were always unsuccessful. (Stock photo) 😀

Geoduck.jpg

That's scary looking!!  Thank you for the explanation and picture!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Look who came to visit me in the garden!

20230415_093154.thumb.jpg.24f948356b4a488e5acf29699c709968.jpg

Where do you live again? No idea how you can plant this early without the fear of frost?

I'm afraid to start my garden this soon in fear I will lose it all on some early morning. Even starting it on May 1st will be a push here in Virginia.

12 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

All this talk about crabs!  Funny thing…I don’t really like any shellfish (except shrimp) even though I grew up boating in the San Juan’s and on Hood Canal.  Crabs, oysters right off the beach, digging clams…

My wife loves crab…she’d rather have it than lobster.  Says the best crab she’s ever had was the Dungeness we’d catch.  She was eating them an hour after they were in the sea.

F08239D4-4EEA-424C-8049-FDBB316A96A0.thumb.jpeg.78cffd72516e491ee398d7c1c3d1bdd0.jpeg7CC3B1D3-F2EB-43D3-976E-A6B978FC969B.thumb.jpeg.22ce4ca344f98805eb1fd41ab8e7a166.jpeg

I'll take crab over lobster every time!!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still don't get it.🤔

He just does it for fun. Sometimes at least one will be hard to find. 
Sometimes the cartoon itself is funny. 
It’s a little diversion while you’re noodling around on the internet. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Geoduck.jpg

Looks like what we call a "steamer" or little neck. Except that one looks like a genetic defect from nuclear radiation.🫨

• Haha 8

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Where do you live again? No idea how you can plant this early without the fear of frost?

I'm afraid to start my garden this soon in fear I will lose it all on some early morning. Even starting it on May 1st will be a push here in Virginia.

Zone 7b.  April 14 or 15 is last frost here.  We will have maybe a couple lows in the 40s but 50 and above now until the end of season.  The biggest mistake I made last year was being too concerned with acouple days in the low 40s.  

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Friday everyone  - having a drink in honor of my friend (and barber) who passed away yesterday way too soon.  Viewing was today.    About 2 years ago he went to ER with extreme headache pains and left being diagnosed with brain cancer and  maybe 1 year to live.  He fought for 2 years and got to take his wife and 3 kids to Disney and to the beach one last time.  45 years old.  Harsh reminder of how fragile life is.  Please join me in a toast to Matt.  Cheers!  🍻🍻

70A2C703-C1A3-4037-8C49-6AAD661B531E.thumb.jpeg.bd0dd33897fc466af69cd1d9f96bf2a2.jpeg

Too young. Cancer sucks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like what we call a "steamer" or little neck. Except that one looks like a genetic defect from nuclear radiation.🫨

The geoduck is the mascot of the Evergreen State College in Olympia.  It's quite disturbing...

50878328_10157183631747112_346692538976960512_n.thumb.jpg.2e4a1a7d469759bd0fc996af7b903c74.jpg

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

On our way to Boothbay Harbor July 1, we will stop just north of Brunswick Me at the Gurnet, a bridge between 2 islands. There’s a tiny building perched on the edge of the water that has steamers at such a good price we always just about eat our weight. 

• Like 5