Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Somewhat reminds me of how toxically some people post on this website. It does nothing to get others to see their point of view.😐

Yes I agree. I was brought up by my parents with the mindset if you can’t say something nice don’t say it at all.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, there is always the zoo...😄

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, there is always the zoo...😄

Also Yankee Stadium if you are a fan , but haven’t done that in decades.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Also Yankee Stadium if you are a fan , but haven’t done that in decades.

Try walking from the stadium to the IRT train station .Actually ,try walking anywhere in the Bronx except for Throggs Neck and Pelham Bay ,day or night.

Good morning.  Been up since 3.30am.  Always seem to be awake for the sail in and it’s always been worth it.B10EBDA1-FFA3-4543-A38A-9F22C703C46C.thumb.jpeg.6e0c633cd1b01e0b4a073baf642091d5.jpeg

82AED01A-D66B-40A7-91AD-571FE2E332D0.thumb.jpeg.6025eb80776a9892648e19210041611f.jpeg

Had a lovely relaxing cruise and enjoyed our four ports very much.  First time cruising in our Autumn and would happily do a South Pacific again at this time of year.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Try walking from the stadium to the IRT train station .Actually ,try walking anywhere in the Bronx except for Throggs Neck and Pelham Bay ,day or night.

Lenny, there are parts of any borough that are rough.  Try walking in Brownsville in Brooklyn, Jamaica in Queens, the North Side of Staten Island.  George and I don't need to venture up to The Bronx because all of the places that attract us are in "the city", Manhattan. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Frustration today in that my internet went out. On the phone with Google Fiber for over an hour trying to reset the router. No good so they will send out a tech tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime can’t watch our YouTube TV or use our computers for the internet. I can only connect via cellular on my phone. So I may absent for awhile until we get this fixed. Ughhhh!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Frustration today in that my internet went out. On the phone with Google Fiber for over an hour trying to reset the router. No good so they will send out a tech tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime can’t watch our YouTube TV or use our computers for the internet. I can only connect via cellular on my phone. So I may absent for awhile until we get this fixed. Ughhhh!

I don't feel so bad now for not having hot water for 3 days after our water heater crapped out Friday night.  At least we had internet.  🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

@Sea Dog I feel for you with no internet!  Since you were having sidewalks put in that made me think of someone accidentally cutting a line.  DH did that laying some irrigation pipe…of course, on a Friday afternoon.  No internet for the weekend.  OK, we watched DVDs.  Got ready for bed and realized no internet meant I couldn’t connect my Bose sleepbuds…yikes…which meant he was sleeping in the guest room.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, derorim said:

I don't feel so bad now for not having hot water for 3 days after our water heater crapped out Friday night.  At least we had internet.  🙂 

I’ve experienced that a number of years ago when our hot water tank crapped out. It’s no fun. Our house relies on having the Internet with our Ring doorbell and security cameras, Alexa for our daily alarms and of course our ability to watch tv. I do have a over the air antenna but because we live in an area surrounded by hills I can only get one channel. Looks like we will be on our phones a lot tonight and through tomorrow.

• Like 9

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I’ve experienced that a number of years ago when our hot water tank crapped out. It’s no fun. Our house relies on having the Internet with our Ring doorbell and security cameras, Alexa for our daily alarms and of course our ability to watch tv. I do have a over the air antenna but because we live in an area surrounded by hills I can only get one channel. Looks like we will be on our phones a lot tonight and through tomorrow.

Hope it gets resolved soon!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog I feel for you with no internet!  Since you were having sidewalks put in that made me think of someone accidentally cutting a line.  DH did that laying some irrigation pipe…of course, on a Friday afternoon.  No internet for the weekend.  OK, we watched DVDs.  Got ready for bed and realized no internet meant I couldn’t connect my Bose sleepbuds…yikes…which meant he was sleeping in the guest room.

I thought about that but checked and we have service to the house. I think the router got fried somehow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Google Fiber will come out tomorrow afternoon. I guess Linda and I will actually have to talk with each other tonight. 😉

oh what the heck, just drink the night away and you won't miss the internet...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Jimbo said:

oh what the heck, just drink the night away and you won't miss the internet...........

That’s a good idea. I’ve been a sourpuss all day irritated with all this.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Our house isn’t that big but I love that we have two hot water heaters, two a/c and heating units so if it goes out on one side we can still function. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have the same temperature in Columbus, Ohio this morning. We traveled yesterday, so that Susan could get together with her four sisters, an aunt, and a cousin.  They all travel from Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Illinois, a couple times a year to meet somewhere central to all of them.

I was disturbed to read that some idiots blackened the Trevi Fountain in some sort of climate protest.  I certainly hope they face some serious consequences. 

I bet Susan and her sisters, aunt and cousin had the best time together!!

Yes, I was so upset when I saw what these ignorant idiots did at the Trevi Fountain.  I agree..I sure hope they throw the book at them, since they're in Italy, and not in the US where now a days they would be let free without bail.🫤

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope they face serious consequences as well. 

Totally!!  It was so upsetting to see.😔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

Watched the news this morning and they were reporting from New York and said they expect the airports to have their busiest day since Covid this Friday when we will be flying to New York. 

Safe travels, George! Enjoy your holiday in NYC and in Buffalo!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I feel your pain!  Our internet in our Condo is so unreliable!  I can't tell you how often we are without our internet!!  We don't lose our tv, but it gets glitchty at times.  Jim feels it has to do with the wiring on our floor.  (We're on the 2nd floor, and the 1st floor doesn't seem to have any problems with either their internet or their tv)  Here in New Jersey, once the Jersey Shore gets busy, our internet slows down.....

• Like 6