Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Status report.    We spent the day at LBI started a bit breezy and chilly but warm up nicely.    The guys helped me with cleaning the windows inside while they waited for it to warm up a little before they hosed down screens, patio furniture, decks, etc.    

We got everything done as needed.    So happy that all our tenants take such good care of our little haven.   We are very fortunate.    Cannot wait to be back down for 2 weeks in June then it is rented up thru September.

Yes, I double checked the can opener is still there (actually 2 are in the drawer) 😁

• Like 9
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

I think she just wanted to be with you 🙂

We think she does, especially with the warm weather now here. I was trimming the ornamental fruit tress by the pool, and one second I’m on my own and the next see is right beside me. 

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.b841a31dcf634c38dd3d83d6d13262c5.jpeg

Tonight she’s just hanging out on the porch. 

IMG_9397.thumb.jpeg.6ef45af4282a5eb568360ada31a03a9a.jpeg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching BD-SY?

I watched it. Somehow it's just not as riveting as previous seasons.

Maybe I'm just getting bored with all the drunken crew and hook-ups. The storyline seems like a re-do. Could just be me...

I did read Sailing Yacht Adventure was slated for another season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 55°F here at 09.30am with a high this afternoon of 65°F.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a great day.

We have the same temperature in Columbus, Ohio this morning. We traveled yesterday, so that Susan could get together with her four sisters, an aunt, and a cousin.  They all travel from Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Illinois, a couple times a year to meet somewhere central to all of them.

I was disturbed to read that some idiots blackened the Trevi Fountain in some sort of climate protest.  I certainly hope they face some serious consequences. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I was disturbed to read that some idiots blackened the Trevi Fountain in some sort of climate protest.  I certainly hope they face some serious consequences. 

I have not heard this. I need to try to find the story. Very disturbing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Found the Trevi information. Hopefully it is only the water that is affected. I have no understanding what moves people take these actions.

Totally agree!  I cannot understand either !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Does AAA charge for those paper routes, would be also nice to a have a paper guide on our  drive from NJ to Virginia in September after our cruise from Bayonne. How do you go about getting one of those Trip Tik's

Little surprised we both did it also, the drive to there was bad enough with steep inclines and  lots of curves in the road.

Once we got there we rested by the picnic tables for about 5 minutes and then went in the gift shop and said well we are here, lets just do it. $8.00 a person and we were on our way.

The tower  they say is about 100 ft, I think that was not counting the 12 steps or so up just to get ot the tower.

We only stopped once on the way up to rest for about 3 minutes and then went to the very top...........Seems a lot higher then the 112ft though when looking down and out.

It wasn't even that windy when we were there but at the top it was a little colder and the top swayed a little bit too, they say they is normal so it won't break. Hahaha......right.

We went down after spending about 5 minutes at the top.........that was enough for us. 🙂

Yes, the trip tiks are free.  I have an AAA store in my area so I just popped in and gave them the "to and from" locations.  Took a few short minutes to print everything out and bind in a spiral booklet.  Not sure how to do it by mail.  Of course, you have to be a member off AAA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that yesterday too.  I hope they face serious consequences as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, George C said:

Watched the news this morning and they were reporting from New York and said they expect the airports to have their busiest day since Covid this Friday when we will be flying to New York. 

Memorial Day weekend is always crazy busy!!! The city usually empties out however.  Have fun…..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Memorial Day weekend is always crazy busy!!! The city usually empties out however.  Have fun…..

That is our normal time to visit New York City, got a great rate for my favorite suite at the michealanglo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That's really sad. They should realize by doing those types of things will not help their cause just bad publicity.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's really sad. They should realize by doing those types of things will not help their cause just bad publicity.

Unfortunately, we're not dealing with people who think straight.  They believe in the "no such thing as bad publicity" approach and think acts like this will get more people behind whatever it is that they think is wrong in the world.  I say make an example of them so that maybe (although not very likely), the next group will think twice before doing something stupid.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Somewhat reminds me of how toxically some people post on this website. It does nothing to get others to see their point of view.😐

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

Watched the news this morning and they were reporting from New York and said they expect the airports to have their busiest day since Covid this Friday when we will be flying to New York. 

Hope your flight is smooth, on time and that you have a fabulous time in my old hometown.

image.png.fa2f358e3bdc9bc71e9a235ae324ac82.png

• Like 3