Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, George C said:

I definitely remember having those Belgian Waffles during the 1964- 1965 world fair in flushing I lived a short bus ride away .

We sat on the curb at the World’s Fair to eat our Belgian Waffles. First ones we ever had and they were loaded with whipped cream and strawberries. 
For  once, the  taste was even better than anticipated!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

Lord have mercy! I caught up again!

I responded  to posts, and then realized too late that my response is days late, when everyone has totally forgotten what I’m responding to!

But I’m here and will try to keep up better!

We leave for Maine Wednesday, and will stop for 3 nights instead if our normal 2. 
I bought on EBay 2 LP Bloopers records. 
I had those records for decades, and gave all of my records away when we downsized to a condo. 
I’m having a local recording studio create CDs (if I haven’t already told you) and the gentleman promised them for yesterday. 
Now he says hopefully Monday. 
I wanted them for the car when we’re sitting in stop and go traffic on 95!

I thought they were hilarious 40 years ago; I hope I haven’t outgrown them!

Also bringing one of my old Jeopardy books so we can do trivia when we’re tired of music. 
I have picked out Neil Diamond, Barbra Streisand, John  Denver, etc for me, and lots of  old country for Dick. 
Anything to keep us both awake, him so he can drive, and me to keep him in our lane and following my instructions!

• Like 16

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Royal has a TA this August that goes to Iceland that we will be on. I think it does something like it for next year also.

8-28  AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS 

8-29   CRUISING

8-30  CRUISING

8-31   AKUREYRI, ICELAND  1:00pm overnight 

9-01  AKUREYRI, ICELAND   depart 1:00pm

9-02  REYKJAVIK, ICELAND   11:00 - 9:00pm

9-03  ISAFJORDUR, ICELAND   10:00 - 7:00

9-04  CRUISING

9-05  PRINS CHRISTIAN SUND(CRUISE)  2:30 - 8:30

9-06  QAQORTOQ, GREENLAND  7:00 - 4:00

9-07  CRUISING

9-08  ST.JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND  2:30 - 10:00

9-09  CRUISING

9-10  HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA  7:00 - 5:00  HALIFAX TITANIC HISTORICAL TOUR

9-11  SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA  10:00 - 8:00

9-12  CRUISING

9-13  CRUISING

9-14  CAPE LIBERTY, NJ (NY METRO)  7:00am

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That looks lovely, Renee!  What ship is it on?

I believe that might be Jewel of the Seas, we get on her on the 14th of September in Bayonne.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@BonTexasNY This list of stores brings to mind so many shopping trips I had with my Mom either to the City or Jamaica, Queens. 
Mays had an extensive Chubby Dept, so we were frequent shoppers there-for awhile.

Altmans was a lovely store-very sad when it closed.

After college, I worked at  Lord &Taylor’s anchor store on 5th Ave in the mail order office.

One of my jobs was to send faxes to all the branches over a phone line-it was 1974! I spoke with office reps along the Eastern seaboard every morning.

Left that job to take my first teaching assignment. 

We also frequented A&S and Gimbels when we shopped at Roosevelt Field once I had my driver’s license.

Do you have Dillard’s in Texas ? They have some stores in Florida and they seem to be similar to Macy’s.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Yes, we have Dillard's in TX.   I remember Lord & Taylor very well.  Classy store.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Remind me why it is that you left the East Coast?

Family.  No better reason.  We love it here in spite of the weather.  Honest.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, we have Dillard's in TX.   I remember Lord & Taylor very well.  Classy store.

Family.  No better reason.  We love it here in spite of the weather.  Honest.

Family is all the reason one needs.

• Like 8

Been a very busy couple of months here both daughters had minor surgery in May. I had a cervical fusion on June 1st, Grandson had his 8th birthday on June 5th, And last day of school was June 13th. All of us are doing well and can't wait for our August Oasis cruise.

birthday.jpg

• Like 18

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember Bambergers became Macy's in the Nanuet Mall near us in Rockland County in 1986.

Pretty sure my first every suit was purchased at Bambergers & I'm pretty sure its was under $100. 🙂

• Like 5

We are back home and I am sort of caught up with this thread.  The cruise was mostly great with a little not so good thrown in.  In a few days I will get my pictures together and post a few along with some details about the cruise.  Right now I need to pet the fur babies.

@dani negreanu sending hugs.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

A morning of rain here in western Pennsylvania, but clear enough to get out this afternoon.  

Granddaughter is having a friend sleep over tonight, so her brother wanted to come to our house for the night.  After dinner out, we had a rousing game of kickball in our side yard.  Susan and me vs. the two grandsons.  Susan instituted a rule that you couldn’t throw the ball to get the runner out, but had to chase them down and tag them. She obviously forgot they were just a tad faster than us. 

We then moved on to a campfire and s’mores 

I think these are just right…

IMG_7679.thumb.jpeg.70ef3a85d11d4e74929fae8f66efa2bb.jpeg

mmmmmmmm

IMG_7681.thumb.jpeg.15a74644467ad35f28ecafa338b0333e.jpeg

Think I will skip the marshmallows and grahams.  Just give me chocolate. 

IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.b12667290d3cc7b8d2cbdc791f67c72c.jpeg

Don’t know if any of you ever play the game TABOO, but these kids love it, and some of their clues can be hilarious. The premise of the game is you have a word that you try to get your team member to guess, and there are 5 or 6 words you can’t use to get them to guess. They are pretty good at it, although it is supposed to be for those a little older. 

Now the boys are enjoying a movie in the hot tub before bed.  More fun tomorrow. 

• Like 23

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We sat on the curb at the World’s Fair to eat our Belgian Waffles. First ones we ever had and they were loaded with whipped cream and strawberries. 
For  once, the  taste was even better than anticipated!

The Worlds Fair of 1964 was a fantastic experience.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Just what I was thinking. 
Our family welcomes everyone with open hearts, but we need for the newcomers to also have open hearts. 
I think sometimes strangers get on the wrong bus!

Some of them need to stay on the bus and pass through.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A morning of rain here in western Pennsylvania, but clear enough to get out this afternoon.  

Granddaughter is having a friend sleep over tonight, so her brother wanted to come to our house for the night.  After dinner out, we had a rousing game of kickball in our side yard.  Susan and me vs. the two grandsons.  Susan instituted a rule that you couldn’t throw the ball to get the runner out, but had to chase them down and tag them. She obviously forgot they were just a tad faster than us. 

We then moved on to a campfire and s’mores 

I think these are just right…

IMG_7679.thumb.jpeg.70ef3a85d11d4e74929fae8f66efa2bb.jpeg

mmmmmmmm

IMG_7681.thumb.jpeg.15a74644467ad35f28ecafa338b0333e.jpeg

Think I will skip the marshmallows and grahams.  Just give me chocolate. 

IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.b12667290d3cc7b8d2cbdc791f67c72c.jpeg

Don’t know if any of you ever play the game TABOO, but these kids love it, and some of their clues can be hilarious. The premise of the game is you have a word that you try to get your team member to guess, and there are 5 or 6 words you can’t use to get them to guess. They are pretty good at it, although it is supposed to be for those a little older. 

Now the boys are enjoying a movie in the hot tub before bed.  More fun tomorrow. 

I love Taboo.  I played not long ago and my word, in this case name was "Walter Cronkite".  Forbidden words were tv, news, broadcaster, etc.  My team got it immediately.  My hint was "the most trusted man in America"

Great game for kids to use verbal creativity.

Of course, I didn't play with kids. 🤣

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 8

On 6/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of one of the people who died is the great grand daughter of a couple who died on the Titanic ,Isidore Strauss and his wife.

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That great-great-granddaughter was the wife of Stockton Rush who was the founder of the company Oceangate.

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,I read that.

I didn’t know it until you posted it. I was curious who the wife was of the person who died. Since it was Stockton Rush who was the founder of the company, I thought I’d post that very interesting part of the story.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Cool, would you get it again?

Yes, I guess you could say I like garlic. 😉 I have cleaned so much in the basement the last few weeks that when you open the basement door you smell it.  

I hate my 1st garlic from this year yesterday along with my 1st tomato!  I put them on an egg sandwich along with sharp cheddar cheese and bacon 🥓

image.thumb.png.0e3ef71ebc77d7bd89f6f64a06e783e8.png

That looks so good. I don’t think I would buy garlic ice cream since there are to many other flavors that I really like. I would get a free taste again if they were handing them out like they did at the festival. If I was you I would think it would be fun to make with the grandkids. A novelty. Not sure if they would want to try it if you told them what was in it. I think it would be best in chocolate ice cream. In vanilla the garlic might overpower the flavor.

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That looks lovely, Renee!  What ship is it on?

It’s on the Jewel. We are also doing the 12 night British Isles cruise before it. We would love to stay on for the next cruise with Jimbo and I believe some others from here, but Mike doesn’t have that much time off. Helen and Marty will also be on these 2 cruises.

11 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Do you have Dillard’s in Texas ? They have some stores in Florida and they seem to be similar to Macy’s.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Dillard’s is very popular in Texas.

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I believe that might be Jewel of the Seas, we get on her on the 14th of September in Bayonne.

That’s correct. Wished we could stay on longer, buy Mike doesn’t have enough time off. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Jimbo.  Took this photo for you while I was at the Wawa across the street.   

Sorry I should have zoomed in.

Does it look the same as when you moved or was it renovated after you moved?

20230624_133426.thumb.jpg.88e54a3a9b63caef2f4e9fbac8b5825a.jpg

They changed the entrance used to look like this 2 and 1/2 years ago.

Vincentown Dinner: Entrance - Picture of Vincentown Diner - Tripadvisor

Also the sign used to look like this and there was no flag there.

Pin on The Diner Tour

We will be driving by there on our way home from the cruise the end of September. Not sure we will have time to stop in there or not. Our schedule is pretty tight trying to see as many old friends and family as possible before driving back to Virginia.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Reaaaalllly feeling it today...  Yesterday was a beautiful 30°C sunny day.  I detailed my car.  It took about 7 hours.  Luckily I was in the garage in the shade.  I did my wife's car last weekend but her car is a dark gray sedan.  Mine is a "Pearl White" SUV .  It is my first white car and it is so much more work to detail.  After all that work we had a great rib steak supper on the charcoal grill and several drinks... you know... to re-hydrate from all that work.  Also to numb the pain 😉

Today is overcast, windy and drizzly.  So mostly going to catch up on my streaming services.  "Netflix & chill" but the actual literal meaning of "Chill"  not what the kids call it 😉

And also spend time catching up on CC 😁

dp

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Reaaaalllly feeling it today...  Yesterday was a beautiful 30°C sunny day.  I detailed my car.  It took about 7 hours.  Luckily I was in the garage in the shade.  I did my wife's car last weekend but her car is a dark gray sedan.  Mine is a "Pearl White" SUV .  It is my first white car and it is so much more work to detail.  After all that work we had a great rib steak supper on the charcoal grill and several drinks... you know... to re-hydrate from all that work.  Also to numb the pain 😉

Today is overcast, windy and drizzly.  So mostly going to catch up on my streaming services.  "Netflix & chill" but the actual literal meaning of "Chill"  not what the kids call it 😉

dp

Sounds like some relaxing times, our plans today is to visit this winery. It's about 12 miles from our house.

https://iheartvirginiawine.com/#farm-winery

It's a beautiful day here after all the rain we have had here the last 7 days. A high of 80 degrees this afternoon.

https://iheartvirginiawine.com/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They changed the entrance used to look like this 2 and 1/2 years ago.

Vincentown Dinner: Entrance - Picture of Vincentown Diner - Tripadvisor

Also the sign used to look like this and there was no flag there.

Pin on The Diner Tour

We will be driving by there on our way home from the cruise the end of September. Not sure we will have time to stop in there or not. Our schedule is pretty tight trying to see as many old friends and family as possible before driving back to Virginia.

Thanks for the pre reno pictures.    I couldn't remember what year they renovated.   Inside the original diner (front part) doesn't look much different.  I'm not sure about the big dining room in the back as we rarely go back there.   We prefer a booth in the front or sit at the counter for a quick breakfast.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like some relaxing times, our plans today is to visit this winery. It's about 12 miles from our house.

https://iheartvirginiawine.com/#farm-winery

It's a beautiful day here after all the rain we have had here the last 7 days. A high of 80 degrees this afternoon.

https://iheartvirginiawine.com/

Very nice.  That would be a very nice day indeed. 

I hope you have a great day at the winery.

dp

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dpostman said:

dp

My day won’t be much different. I have to clean up Lisa’s pearl white Lexus because it’s being traded in on Tuesday. Rib steaks for dinner and some beverages to stay cool. Going to feel like 34 here today and humid. 

• Like 9