Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

September 29 Mariner 8 day to Bermuda. 
I was able to book a taxi for the full day. Probably spend the second day on the balcony while Dick explores n his own. 
I’m feeling wonky today. Second day home from Maine and shaking like a leaf and having a hard time breathing when I move. 
My heart rate is way up, but I’m not fibrillating. Hopefully tomorrow I‘ll be better. 
I’n not complaining, because Charlie and Linda have real concerns. 
Praying  for both of them to recover quickly and get back to normal. 

Stay well Mimi.🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was a packed day for us again. 

From finding more shark teeth

IMG_8052.thumb.jpeg.6e8e599ddb4794ef33538fc84acaebed.jpeg

to getting tattoos 

IMG_8055.thumb.jpeg.b58a1904f2f3cee5150b0ffe9c9865c6.jpeg

to the aquarium 

IMG_8063.thumb.jpeg.0ac5c6c6322a95f0c7ac5cabfa4208ed.jpeg

IMG_8083.thumb.jpeg.4ea2ab17dfade21bbbb3c19eab66b18b.jpeg

to drinks and tasty desert at Margaritaville 

IMG_8062.thumb.jpeg.7159827aaffe4a5f9a4fbff5e7127198.jpeg

to just bouncing around

They had two of the kids on opposite sides. The one in the background, doing flips, is my granddaughter. 

Bouncing around looks like an awful lot of fun for the kids!  Extra bonus of finding a sharks tooth!  

How is Susan feeling?  How is your daughter feeling?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

No news but they are taking a ton of blood.  He is going for a test but he doesn’t know which one, just knows they haven’t fed him.  Heart rate lowered but pressure still high.

(((Hugs)))🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

No news but they are taking a ton of blood.  He is going for a test but he doesn’t know which one, just knows they haven’t fed him.  Heart rate lowered but pressure still high.

Thanks for the update Marietta. I am thinking of you and Charlie today. By the way Charlie was my dad's name and I am very fond of that name. Explains why our male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is named Charlie.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

That is where he got the heart transplant 20 years ago!  A year after that, they found the tumor on the tail of the pancreas and took care of that.  Nine years ago they found lesions on the liver metastasized from the pancreas but he is responding to treatment for that.  The only problem is traveling to and from the Island.  It takes forever sometimes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Today is National French Fry day.

Free French Fries from McDonald,  any size. No other purchase is necessary.  Wendy's too but you need to order something else.  All orders must be placed thru their respective apps.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is where he got the heart transplant 20 years ago!  A year after that, they found the tumor on the tail of the pancreas and took care of that.  Nine years ago they found lesions on the liver metastasized from the pancreas but he is responding to treatment for that.  The only problem is traveling to and from the Island.  It takes forever sometimes.

Yes.  The travel from the Island to Columbia and back is exhausting.  Jim was there for 8 days.  Luckily, family members took turns driving me there the first couple of days.  Healing prayers for Charlie.🙏🙏🙏.  Praying for you also, Marietta💕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marietta,  Charlie sure has gone through a lot.  He is a trooper.   I am lifting you and him up in prayer.  I thought about you all night last night.  I pray that he is well taken care of at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  My nephew’s DW is an anesthesiologist there.  Great hospital but I’m sorry it’s not so convenient for you to get to.  Take care of yourself, too.  

@jagsfan, I hope you get checked out, too.  DH agrees with @Ocean Boy‘s opinion about getting to a doctor ASAP.

@Sea Dog, I pray that Linda’s hand surgery will go smoothly and that your knee pain will be kept at a minimal.  Will be thinking of you two.

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine and take in as much Vitamin D as possible.  For us, it’s going to be a warm/hot one this weekend.  We may head out towards the coast.  Maybe.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@Sea Dog, I pray that Linda’s hand surgery will go smoothly and that your knee pain will be kept at a minimal.  Will be thinking of you two.

Thanks Helen! The only thing I’m not looking forward to is a 4:30am alarm so I can get Linda to the surgical center by 5:30am. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Continued prayers for a successful outcome.  Charlie is in good hands to get better so he can come home where he belongs.

As an ex-NYer, I always understood "the island" to mean Long Island,  Now I know it's also Staten Island!

@jagsfan Mimi I hope you're feeling better!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bouncing around looks like an awful lot of fun for the kids!  Extra bonus of finding a sharks tooth!  

How is Susan feeling?  How is your daughter feeling?

Susan was sick once while we were here.  It was either too much sun, which doesn’t mix well with the medicine, or food poisoning.   At least it was short lived.  

This is an off week for daughter’s oral chemo.  It was a year ago, when we were here in July, that she felt something.  Then she had her biopsy on our anniversary a couple weeks later.  Some of those memories are coming back during this stay, but we are all having a good time.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Susan was sick once while we were here.  It was either too much sun, which doesn’t mix well with the medicine, or food poisoning.   At least it was short lived.  

This is an off week for daughter’s oral chemo.  It was a year ago, when we were here in July, that she felt something.  Then she had her biopsy on our anniversary a couple weeks later.  Some of those memories are coming back during this stay, but we are all having a good time.  

Im happy that you are having a good time. Those old memories will make way for new even better memories.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Non Staten Islanders always made fun of us calling it the Island.  Apparently, only Long Island counted

I never made fun of calling Staten Island "the island".  I never knew anyone who lived on Staten Island so I never heard anyone call it "the island".  

More importantly, I hope you'll be getting good news about Charlie today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1