Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Do they know what caused it? That is so sad. I'm so sorry that happened to you Pat.

Thank you Greg.  The short answer is no.  They have done MRI’s and CAT Scans to rule out polyps or tumors.  I’ve been to a Neurologist to rule out the onset of Parkinson's.   Don’t know what else to do at this point.  It is frustrating for me, as well as my Physician.  Old age sucks, but beats the alternative. 🙀

I am just thankful that it is not something more serious.

How is Linda doing?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

it’s happeninggggggg

IMG_0275.png

Hopefully by the date you fly Chrystal the Mediterranean heat might have reduced.

The Greek island Rhodes has wildfires and thousands of people have been evacuated.

Crete are having wildfires too and issues in Corfu too.

Take care.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you Greg.  The short answer is no.  They have done MRI’s and CAT Scans to rule out polyps or tumors.  I’ve been to a Neurologist to rule out the onset of Parkinson's.   Don’t know what else to do at this point.  It is frustrating for me, as well as my Physician.  Old age sucks, but beats the alternative. 🙀

How is Linda doing?

My heart breaks for you. I admire your outlook very much. You have proven that you can enjoy life without the sense of taste and I’m happy you do it through cruising. You have my undying respect and admiration.

Linda is doing very well. Her brace irritates her from time to time only because it gets itchy. She has about 5 weeks with it and then it comes off and she starts therapy. She should be good for the cruise in October . I can’t wait for our cruise on Adventure. It will be the first time we have been back on her since our very first cruise on Adventure in 2017 for our 20th wedding anniversary that hooked us on cruising.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, taznremmy said:

In Roatan, Honduras and it is 89 degrees with 67% humidity.  Looks like it is going to rain soon.

IMG_4466.thumb.jpeg.3cc518dab6e1c402010f77de3e3bd437.jpeg

IMG_4468.thumb.jpeg.a56b2ad96abf8175869ca623449b7eaf.jpeg

Next picture is of the new Moët Chandon product that was served at the garden party yesterday.  Heard various comments, mostly favorable, light, refreshing, some said too sweet.  Since I can’t taste, all I can confirm is that it does contain alcohol. 😹

IMG_4449.thumb.jpeg.85f4458e5bf246ea2b52121b151fb210.jpeg

What did you do in Roatan?

Sorry to hear about your sense of taste. Is there any therapy for that?

Guess I need to put on my glasses when I'm going on to garden to pick zucchini. 🤣

I'm missing some and they are getting quite large. I'm guessing the deer will like them no matter what size they are.

20230727_091951.jpg

20230727_093133.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

TSOTD is Royal Bingo.Described as one size fits none.It was raffled at a Meet and Greet on a cruise I was on in 2019.I was sitting next to my wife and I told her that I hoped I would win it .I did not but a woman sitting behind us apparently heard me because she won the shirt and gave it to me.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You have this very convenient for the deer. 😜

It's on wheels,I have to bring it in at night,otherwise the deer work on it and roll it down the driveway by morning.

Saw my first bear since we have been here up the street while I was riding my golf cart.....so far he has not been down by our house yet.

🐻

• Like 9

Last night something got in my fenced  in garden....my gate into the garden has like 5 or 6 inch opening at the bottom.

Not sure what could have did this to the corn stalk....almost like a clean cut....then started to eat the corn ears which are just starting to grow.

Anyone have an idea what could have done this?

Lost 2 stalks so far. I secured the opening better now,first I have ever seen anything like this.

20230727_092142.jpg

20230727_092145.jpg

20230727_092152.jpg

20230727_092259.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, taznremmy said:

How is Linda doing?

That is awful. I'm so sorry they can't figure out what's causing it. I'm sure it greatly affects your quality of life. 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Last night something got in my fenced  in garden....my gate into the garden has like 5 or 6 inch opening at the bottom.

Not sure what could have did this to the corn stalk....almost like a clean cut....then started to eat the corn ears which are just starting to grow.

Lost 2 stalks so far. I secured the opening better now,first I have ever seen anything like this.

20230727_092142.jpg

20230727_092145.jpg

20230727_092152.jpg

20230727_092259.jpg

My guess would be raccoons.  Climb up the stalk, stalk breaks since a full size raccoon is not lightweight and the feast can begin.  An electric fence will keep them out.  Otherwise the will climb over and under.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

20230727_092142.jpg

20230727_092145.jpg

20230727_092152.jpg

20230727_092259.jpg

I enjoy the pictures of your gorgeous property. It is a Wow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone here familiar with Storyworth ? It is a sort of writing an autobiography but not for publication.It is a way of sharing events of one’s life with family members.

A friend of mine recently did one and his wife told me about this at my recent birthday party.
Although I began writing for publication in 1964 I have not written that much about myself other than a journal that I kept from age 12 to 37.

I

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My guess would be raccoons.  Climb up the stalk, stalk breaks since a full size raccoon is not lightweight and the feast can begin.  An electric fence will keep them out.  Otherwise the will climb over and under.

We do see this Skunk from time to time under our apple tree eating sunflower seeds, Not sure they can climb though, but there was the slight opening under the gate into the garden.

Are they corn eaters? didn't touch the green tomatoes yet!

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

This racoon was sighted on our front porch on June 30th,haven't seen him since though. Our ring doorbell got the picture.

I'm thinking though he was trying to come in and check out the kitchen remodel.

20230630133226_0.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We do see this Skunk from time to time under our apple tree eating sunflower seeds, Not sure they can climb though, but there was the slight opening under the gate into the garden.

Are they corn eaters? didn't touch the green tomatoes yet!

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

They will eat corn but it is not there first choice.  They like bugs, seeds, fruit, cat food.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Agreed on the fencer. One hot wire a couple inches off the ground should keep anything from going under or climbing over. Use some insulators off your t-posts or zip tie them to your wire. If you think you need another higher up do the same. If you really want to make it hurt, run a neutral wire so the critter will have a better ground for the zap. For such a small distance it shouldn’t be needed but it is another added layer for boosted fencer power of shock. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed on the fencer. One hot wire a couple inches off the ground should keep anything from going under or climbing over. Use some insulators off your t-posts or zip tie them to your wire. If you think you need another higher up do the same. If you really want to make it hurt, run a neutral wire so the critter will have a better ground for the zap. For such a small distance it shouldn’t be needed but it is another added layer for boosted fencer power of shock. 

You think sleeping out there tonight with a 22 would help? Or might I need something bigger? 🤣

I have never had to use electric fencing  anywhere....where  do you buy something like that. Something easy to install? Probably need 150 ft to go once around.

Edited by Jimbo