Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You think sleeping out there tonight with a 22 would help? Or might I need something bigger? 🤣

I have never had to use electric fencing  anywhere....where  do you buy something like that. Something easy to install? Probably need 150 ft to go once around.

Remember it is there before you go picking vegetables.... just sayin'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I say let the animals have what they need. They are just trying to feed the kids like any good parent would.🙂

Raccoons aren't good to have around though, they do lots of damage.  We had one climb a downspout and shimmy along the fascia board, leaving muddy footprints along the way.  He then must have gone along the ridge vent and ripped a hole in our roof and chewed through the roof sheathing.  It never made it into the attic but it cost me more than $500 to repair the damage it did.  I luckily saw shingles on out deck and went searching to see where they came from.  We weren't sure if it was squirrels or raccoons until my roofer pointed out all the footprints along the fascia.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Raccoons aren't good to have around though, they do lots of damage.  We had one climb a downspout and shimmy along the fascia board, leaving muddy footprints along the way.  He then must have gone along the ridge vent and ripped a hole in our roof and chewed through the roof sheathing.  It never made it into the attic but it cost me more than $500 to repair the damage it did.  I luckily saw shingles on out deck and went searching to see where they came from.  We weren't sure if it was squirrels or raccoons until my roofer pointed out all the footprints along the fascia.

But they're cute.🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You think sleeping out there tonight with a 22 would help? Or might I need something bigger? 🤣

I have never had to use electric fencing  anywhere....where  do you buy something like that. Something easy to install? Probably need 150 ft to go once around.

Tractor Supply will have everything you need to set up the fence.  We had to have hot wire around our melons in Texas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

if you need bigger you’re probably have bigger issues. Don’t leave food in your car because the bears are smart. 

22 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Tractor Supply will have everything you need to set up the fence.  We had to have hot wire around our melons in Texas.

I also go with TSC, especially if you have one in your area. If you do a ground wire around the perimeter you can ground it to the same grounding t-pole for the fencer for such a small system. if electric ribbon is cheaper than wire it is easier to use. Gallagher is the Cadillac of electric fencing equipment but not the most economical.  

The drier the ground, the less sensitive the the system becomes but I’m used to dealing with multiple miles of electric fence.  We would use 4-5 grounding posts. 

• Like 3

My late father-in-law had a huge vegetable garden that was his pride and joy. Gave plenty away to friends, family & neighbors. He didn't mind sharing with the local critters as long as they ate everything they bit into. He hated chipmunks  - no matter how cute they were - because they would take one small bite out of everything. And nobody would want a tomato or squash that had a chipmunk bite in it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

if you need bigger you’re probably have bigger issues. Don’t leave food in your car because the bears are smart. 

I also go with TSC, especially if you have one in your area. If you do a ground wire around the perimeter you can ground it to the same grounding t-pole for the fencer for such a small system. if electric ribbon is cheaper than wire it is easier to use. Gallagher is the Cadillac of electric fencing equipment but not the most economical.  

The drier the ground, the less sensitive the the system becomes but I’m used to dealing with multiple miles of electric fence.  We would use 4-5 grounding posts. 

I don't have any electric  out there...Garden is like 120 ft from the house.

Extension cord on top of the grass doesn't sound to good.

This might be something  to do next spring for next year's garden.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

What did you do in Roatan?

Sorry to hear about your sense of taste. Is there any therapy for that?

Opps….missed this one earlier.  I just walked around the port area.  For me it was too humid and hot to be enjoyable. 🥵         I have the Sloth and Monkey tour scheduled next week. I hope it cools down.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Opps….missed this one earlier.  I just walked around the port area.  For me it was too humid and hot to be enjoyable. 🥵         I have the Sloth and Monkey tour scheduled next week. I hope it cools down.

Were you the only ship in Costa Maya? Was the pier shuttle running?

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My DH didn't think they were cute when I made him go up in the attic to see if he saw any signs of life up there and closed the pulldown stairs so nothing came into the house 😲😱😇

Lol.

16 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Please let me know if that’s worth it , we go in november on harmony, we always did dolphin encounter which is great there , surprised it was not offered by rccl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I don't have any electric  out there...Garden is like 120 ft from the house.

Extension cord on top of the grass doesn't sound to good.

This might be something  to do next spring for next year's garden.

My husband said an extension cord would be ok.  He also said you could use solar power to run one.  They don't draw much power.  We used a fido shock with an extension cord on our melon bed.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully by the date you fly Chrystal the Mediterranean heat might have reduced.

The Greek island Rhodes has wildfires and thousands of people have been evacuated.

Crete are having wildfires too and issues in Corfu too.

Take care.

Graham.

I saw footage on my news channel last night.     Very sad to see.    I hope they can get under control soon and that everyone is safe including the fire fighters.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My husband said an extension cord would be ok.  He also said you could use solar power to run one.  They don't draw much power.  We used a fido shock with an extension cord on our melon bed.  

How many would I need? Can you hook them up in series? No idea how these things work.