Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was a quiet day for us, but we did find some time for bike riding.  Since football season is almost here, granddaughter’s cheerleading squad was giving a preview of their new routines at the school.

Today is my daughter and her husband’s 16th anniversary.   She has an appointment at Cleveland Clinic, then they will have some couple time while we entertain all the grandkids today and tonight.  Swimming is our main activity for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Happy anniversary wishes to your daughter. Hope you have a great day with the grandkids.

• Like 2

One of our local restaurants, on the marsh, has an area set up where they leave the old bread remnants for the raccoons.  Amazing how many come out to feast.  There is an enclosed are with tables just to the right of this as well as a deck, where I took the picture from.  Have heard some of the braver ones have started to visit the deck, not sure how I feel about that, prefer to watch from a distance. 

IMG_20170926_203443.thumb.jpg.5579200aea01097d2888c1e752f08416.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was a quiet day for us, but we did find some time for bike riding.  Since football season is almost here, granddaughter’s cheerleading squad was giving a preview of their new routines at the school.

Today is my daughter and her husband’s 16th anniversary.   She has an appointment at Cleveland Clinic, then they will have some couple time while we entertain all the grandkids today and tonight.  Swimming is our main activity for the day.

Happy 16th wedding anniversary to your Daughter and Son in Law.

anniversary-16-2.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog did your bat ever relocate itself?

Yes he finally left in the middle of the night. Haven’t seen him since and I bent back the screen so he couldn’t get back in. I assume he has gone back to the bat cave looking for Robin. I know corny factor is +10

IMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.af330774065ab524beddc381665e672f.jpeg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 21

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

None are ripe yet ,I have yet to cut one. Hoping this will ripen off the vine on window sill

Just catching up.

If the tomatoes are almost ripe setting them on the window sill is OK. It's not really the sun rippening them.  The warmth helps.  These tomatoes are green. Put them in a paper sack or a cardboard box.  The ethylene the tomatoes emit will stimulate the ripening.  Keep them in an area that is at least 70⁰.  Adding a banana helps speed things up. Some add an apple.  Both emit ethylene which the tomatoes need.  I do this with the last tomatoes we harvest the week of the 1st frost.  I have had tomatoes mid December using this method. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:31 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Is anyone here familiar with Storyworth ? It is a sort of writing an autobiography but not for publication.It is a way of sharing events of one’s life with family members.

A friend of mine recently did one and his wife told me about this at my recent birthday party.
Although I began writing for publication in 1964 I have not written that much about myself other than a journal that I kept from age 12 to 37.

I

Jim and I each were given Storyworth as part of our Christmas gift from our daughters.  I've written 5 or 6 of the suggested topics so far.  I really need to get back to my writing.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy 16th Anniversary wishes to your daughter and SIL.  Praying for good news at the Cleveland Clinic for your daughter🙏🙏

Our daughters and grandsons are at the Lake today,  They'll be coming back here afterwards to go in the pool in our backyard.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I each were given Storyworth as part of our Christmas gift from our daughters.  I've written 5 or 6 of the suggested topics so far.  I really need to get back to my writing.

Happy 16th Anniversary wishes to your daughter and SIL.  Praying for good news at the Cleveland Clinic for your daughter🙏🙏

Our daughters and grandsons are at the Lake today,  They'll be coming back here afterwards to go in the pool in our backyard.  

I never heard about Storyworth .When I had my birthday party last Sunday even though the invitation stipulated no gifts nearly everyone brought gifts.

One person gave me money.Trying to return it would not work.Therefore ,my thinking is to use the money to buy the Storyworth.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy Anniversary to your daughter and her husband and that everything goes well at the Cleveland Clinic.

• Like 2

Busy day. 
Just catching up. 
The garden vegetables doing great, thanks to all who shared their harvest. 

I did not want to make a full pot of coffee this morning  so I just popped in a K cup.

Someone, not mentioning any names (Lizzy) was very interested. 

IMG_1679.thumb.jpeg.7a6122a181d1eb9ec81a99140bc42b69.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never heard about Storyworth .When I had my birthday party last Sunday even though the invitation stipulated no gifts nearly everyone brought gifts.

One person gave me money.Trying to return it would not work.Therefore ,my thinking is to use the money to buy the Storyworth.

There is a list of suggested questions, as well as questions that our daughters have asked.  For instance:  What was your Dad like when you were growing up?  When did you learn to ride a bike?  How did you celebrate your 21st Birthday?  etc. etc.  Each time I finish writing on a topic, it gets sent to our 3 daughters, and from what I understand, it will be put into a book when finished.

Since you enjoy writing, Lenny, this would be "right up your alley", as the saying goes.😊

I do enjoy writing these stories, when I do sit down to write them!😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All these garden pics are bringing back old childhood memories. My dad was an Ag teacher in a rural small town. We had a huge garden. I spent all summer either picking the produce in the TX sun (it takes forever to pick the rows of beans & peas) or standing in the hot kitchen canning/pickling/jellying it. We canned beets, tomatoes, green beans, peas, many types of pickles, peaches, pears, and several types of fruit jam/jelly. We also grew bell peppers and canteloupes. We had so many tomatoes that we couldn't can or eat them fast enough, so my mom put out a sign in the front yard and sold them for $. That was literally all I did all summer, other than a family road trip at some point. My friends would stop by, but I was stuck in the kitchen. NEVER AGAIN. LOL.

• Like 13