Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@taznremmy How's the food on Allure?

We were onboard last week. Windjammer was typical. MDR was good; food was always hot and the service was fairly speedy. We really missed the daily "classics" choices they used to offer. 150 was really great. But hibachi was the best! I think it was the giant heaping spoonfuls of garlic butter that the chef added to everything that made it all so delicious. 😂

I am curious how different things are this week on the president's cruise. During our all-access tour, we saw stacks of boxes of champagne and other supplies tucked away in corners with labels indicating they were being saved for the president's cruise.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, so many pinnacles... Never seen this huge number before. Pat, have fun 🥂

I was wondering the same thing. Until I saw this next post

47 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am curious how different things are this week on the president's cruise. During our all-access tour, we saw stacks of boxes of champagne and other supplies tucked away in corners with labels indicating they were being saved for the president's cruise.

2023 Royal's President Weeks cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/presidents-cruise

I'm surprised I haven't seen any Live review threads on it or complaints about Pins taking over the Suite Lounge😄

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We were onboard last week. Windjammer was typical. MDR was good; food was always hot and the service was fairly speedy. We really missed the daily "classics" choices they used to offer. 150 was really great. But hibachi was the best! I think it was the giant heaping spoonfuls of garlic butter that the chef added to everything that made it all so delicious. 😂

So this week is a President's cruise. I wonder if that is the reason for the high number of D D+ and Pins.🤔

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Until I say this next post

2023 Royal's President Weeks cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/presidents-cruise

I'm surprised I haven't seen any Live review threads on it or complaints about Pins taking over the Suite Lounge😄

Looks like we posted the same idea at the same time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Habatchi was great , I really liked Giovanni on allure , I am definitely in the minority but I tried 150cp on oasis and allure and didn’t care for it .

• Like 2

Well I'm now scheduled for round two of total knee replacement. Thank God I'm not three legged. TKR will be Friday November 3rd six days after we return from our cruise. It will make the holidays sucky but I just want to get it over with. I'll actually decorate for Christmas before we leave for our cruise October 19th. Maybe I should do a Nightmare Before Christmas Theme for Halloween?????

• Like 29

Since everyone is showing frog pictures. Here is some from our windows in the kitchen out to the deck.

I think they are called "Tree Frogs". They have web feet and stick on the window like Spiderman

Was fun watching the cats trying to play with them through the other side of the glass.

20220530_205949.jpg

20220530_205939.jpg

20220530_205933.jpg

20220530_205931.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I'm now scheduled for round two of total knee replacement. Thank God I'm not three legged. TKR will be Friday November 3rd six days after we return from our cruise. It will make the holidays sucky but I just want to get it over with. I'll actually decorate for Christmas before we leave for our cruise October 19th. Maybe I should do a Nightmare Before Christmas Theme for Halloween?????

That’s what I told my husband: “Thank God you only have two knees “.  He didn’t think it was funny.  I hope , you have an easier time with the 2nd knee . Will it be a robot assisted surgery ? 

As for decorating for Christmas hire someone to do it for you . Perhaps, Jonathan can help. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5

Just now, NHProud said:

That’s what I told my husband: “Thank God you only have two legs “.  He didn’t think it was funny.  I hope , you have an easier time with the 2nd knee . Will it be a robot assisted surgery ? 

As for decorating for Christmas hire someone to do it for you . Perhaps, Jonathan can help. 

Yes it will be robotic assist. I do need to show Jonathan the fine art of Christmas decorating. This year I will probably do less even though I don’t want to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes it will be robotic assist. I do need to show Jonathan the fine art of Christmas decorating. This year I will probably do less even though I don’t want to.

Seeing the amount  of Christmas decorations you've put up in the past, it might make for a great project for the local Boy Scout troop to earn a Merit badge. 

It certainly more involved than building a park bench or local playground enhancement that is typical Boy Scout projects. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Just now, HBE4 said:

Seeing the amount  of Christmas decorations you've put up in the past, it might make for a great project for the local Boy Scout troop to earn a Merit badge. 

It certainly more involved than building a park bench or local playground enhancement that is typical Boy Scout projects. 🙂

You are right on that. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It will be such a relief when you have two hood knees again!

It’s worth going through the surgery and rehab when you get to that point!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

It will be such a relief when you have two hood knees again!

It’s worth going through the surgery and rehab when you get to that point!

Yes totally agree Mimi. While it may take another year to be pain free it will be worth it.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m so glad people can read my typos and know what I meant!!

I'm pretty sure I'm king of the typos so I'm always happy to see on from another poster.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How’s Micheline doing?

She's doing better every day but it's often 2 steps forward, one step back.  She's off pain meds and as of today, off muscle relaxers (even though she still gets an occasional muscle spasm).  She was able to walk to the end of our street today.  Her 2 week post-op appointment is in 8 days and she's hoping that she'll be feeling "normal" by then, even though the doctor said no serious activity for a month.  Patience isn't exactly one of her best qualities. 😁

• Like 14

Hoping all posting here on Dani’s thread are able to stay cool as so many parts of the US and the world are experiencing high temperatures this Summer. 😎 

@Sea Dog Hoping your second surgery/recovery is easier than what you experienced with the first surgery. At least you will know how the procedure works as you have been through it.
A good friend of mine had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. She is recuperating  at home, but she is having great difficulty.

She uses a cold compression machine to help with the inflammation. Still, her range of motion is at 60% , but the Dr is looking for 90% .

We keep

in touch wilt daily texts as she is not comfortable

to chat on the phone now.

As to the Christmas decorations. In our area, some landscape companies put up decorations for clients as the gardening/mowing season is over and they have found a market to help people install their holiday decorations.

Do you have such a service offered by landscapers in your area?

Maybe something to look into.

Take care everyone !

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes totally agree Mimi. While it may take another year to be pain free it will be worth it.

Your 2nd knee replacement might surprise you by allowing you to recuperate quicker than the first and with less pain.  This is my wish for you!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, George C said:

Great deal on UDP we did it on allure and it was great, we have it on harmony in November for 250 which is still good . November cruise will be our 20th on rccl , we also got a offer for free cruise on Celebrity but it’s a inside room for dates we are not interested in , hopefully we will get another offer In future but it’s for a inside cabin and we book suites 😁😁, we priced wonder and grand suite is double the price of our harmony cruise .

When you receive offers from Celebrity for inside cabins do they allow you to pay the difference to upgrade?

• Like 1