Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lovely field to go walking.   Looks very peaceful.   

Yes, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for you and Gary.  I am sure we will connect.   I am really excited to meet both of you, 

It has been a crazy busy week for us too.   Lots to do tomorrow at home. 

I cannot wait to leave work today and fly to Tampa Sunday morning.     

Safe Travels and see you soon

Have a safe flight Debbie!

And a wonderful cruise. Please post a picture or two.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 11:44 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Here’s a gem of a video. I follow this guy on YouTube and he got his ears cleaned in an ancient traditional way. A very interesting watch. The guy speaks numerous languages and surprises people when he talks with them in their native language. 

He also had this done. 

My friend Stan lived and worked in China many years and is fluent in every Chinese dialect.

About 10 years ago,he ,his wife ,Toby and I often went to authentic Chinese restaurants in NY and Stan ordered in whatever dialect was spoken at the restaurant .The Waiters and people eating were amazed.Once we went to a restaurant and Joe Thai ,owner of several sports teams was there and he invited us to sit at his table.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for you and Gary.  I am sure we will connect.   I am really excited to meet both of you, 

Enjoy your vacation,Debbie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Air travel these days just sucks. 

That's the truth. You'd think competition between the airlines would drive them to try a little harder to do better and win customers, but when they are all bad, I guess it doesn't matter.

I worked at SWA for over 12 years, 1997-2010. It was different then.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Quick wedding update.  Mostly going according to plan, with one sad exception. Micheline’s sister and her kids/kids in law aren’t going to make it. They were flying from Newark last night and their flight got cancelled due to weather and lack of flight crews. Tried to find alternate flights but couldn’t. The ceremony is tonight so they had to call and say they couldn’t be here. Friends of our daughter had the same problem but from another NYC airport and were able to reschedule today to Louisville then drive 2 hours. They’ll make it though. Air travel these days just sucks. 

The ladies have been at the venue since 7:30 doing hair and makeup. I’m at the hotel and will hop in the shower and head there around 2:00. The wedding starts at 5:30. I can do nothing there as easily as doing nothing here. Practiced the dance yesterday with my daughter and nothing to worry about. She led for a few seconds until I figured out what she was doing. Should be good. 

That is too bad they can't make it.  Weather has wrecked havoc with the airlines this summer.  We had two family weddings this summer and many had issues getting to the weddings and then getting home.  Some of my nieces had to skip the second wedding this past weekend because they lost so much PTO getting home from the last wedding due to weather.

Your dance will go perfect, all that matters is the two of you.  Best wishes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That's the truth. You'd think competition between the airlines would drive them to try a little harder to do better and win customers, but when they are all bad, I guess it doesn't matter.

I worked at SWA for over 12 years, 1997-2010. It was different then.

We fly at least 4 times a year for last several decades have had only 2 canceled both weather events, luckily rarely need to change planes for any of our trips . Always now fly ahead at least one day for all cruises.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Quick wedding update.  Mostly going according to plan, with one sad exception. Micheline’s sister and her kids/kids in law aren’t going to make it. They were flying from Newark last night and their flight got cancelled due to weather and lack of flight crews. Tried to find alternate flights but couldn’t. The ceremony is tonight so they had to call and say they couldn’t be here. Friends of our daughter had the same problem but from another NYC airport and were able to reschedule today to Louisville then drive 2 hours. They’ll make it though. Air travel these days just sucks. 

The ladies have been at the venue since 7:30 doing hair and makeup. I’m at the hotel and will hop in the shower and head there around 2:00. The wedding starts at 5:30. I can do nothing there as easily as doing nothing here. Practiced the dance yesterday with my daughter and nothing to worry about. She led for a few seconds until I figured out what she was doing. Should be good. 

Sorry that Micheline's sister and family are not able to make it due to airline problems.

Go and have a wonderful, memorable time at your daughter's Wedding today, Bob!  After walking your daughter down the Aisle, the next best performance for the day will be you and your little girl doing your Father/Daughter dance.  God Bless!  

CONGRATULATIONS BOB & MICHELINE!🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Safe travels, Debbie, Eric, Sue @sgmn and Gary!

What day does your cruise begin?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I love cardinals

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Me too. 🙂

My mother was an avid bird watcher and had many bird feeders at our family home. Her favorite bird was the cardinal. After she passed away I started seeing a lone red cardinal come into my back yard and sit on a tree limb. I am convinced it is her spirit coming to visit and make sure we are doing ok. That cardinal comes back every winter and makes me feel good.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

My mother was an avid bird watcher and had many bird feeders at our family home. Her favorite bird was the cardinal. After she passed away I started seeing a lone red cardinal come into my back yard and sit on a tree limb. I am convinced it is her spirit coming to visit and make sure we are doing ok. That cardinal comes back every winter and makes me feel good.

What a wonderful story.

• Like 5

So when your neighbor two houses down has a cat show up and have three kittens in his bushes last spring.  Then he gets them shots but doesn't get them fixed.  Then the mom finds our front porch and being the suckers we are gets fed.  Then it becomes obvious she is sweet and very pregnant. We bring her inside of course to a big bathroom.  The vet says the blessed event should occur in 7 - 10 days and there are at least 3 little ones coming. Meet Reba.

Resized_20230908_163253.thumb.jpeg.ba37713ef8360c3131ef4681bd86aeb8.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can anyone recommend some books/audio books I can download for the cruise. 

I like murder mystery but not thrillers or anything scarey 😬

And historic novels

If you can find it - Broken Bay by Margaret Hickey.  New release mystery by an Australian author.  Set in the Limestone Coast of South Australia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That does suck their flights got cancelled and were unable to get there.

I hope all is going well and everyone is having a blast.

Congratulations to your Daughter and your new Son in Law.

• Like 2