Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We just returned from our normal Friday lunch , very upscale restaurant, we do it one or two nights a week ( live music) and Friday for lunch , when we just left my wife’s car said car temperature was 117 . Shelagh order a new coffee pot about 9 this morning was pretty shocked that it was delivered at 11:30 from Amazon, my big mistake was only buying a small amount of Amazon stock at 80 a share less than a year ago and it’s now selling for 193 a share. Going back to our favorite restaurant tomorrow to celebrate our 33/wedding anniversary.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think you mean their timing will be staggered.  But of course it is also possible they will be staggering…😂

Good one I didn’t even think about that when I typed it. But you could be correct. I will limit the Zombies to two per person as they are extreme potent. Some tiki cocktails have 4 different rums in it including some that are overproof coming in at about 75% ABV.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Menu looks amazing - what time is the party - LOL!   

I'm sure you and your guests will have an amazing time. 

We thought about going to a Tiki bar at the Sea Shell (hotel resort on the beach) but then we saw how young the crowd and how loud the music was and didn't go.    We are getting old  - LOL!

Oh the Sea Shell, was there at least once a week for happy hour when on LBI.  Trying to remember the band that had the lead singer who went up on the roof during his set.  Always a great time, of course that was 20+ years ago.  Memories.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.59087dfe5ade85961f7a9b42b00912ef.jpeg

The cocktail menu is set so that I can pre batch some of them so I can serve faster. Also since there are hundreds of Tiki drinks I figured I would serve some of the more popular ones.

Should be fun. I will try and remember to take some pictures. Cheers!

I'll take one of everything, please. 

From the Tiki bar menu, just to clarify.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I'd like to think positive and say that he may be getting ready to go to Barcelona (?) to take over as captain for the last segment and bring the Serenade to Miami.

I haven't been on the world cruise thread in ages but if that were to happen, I'd been checking in every day....maybe every hour.😄

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We thought about going to a Tiki bar at the Sea Shell (hotel resort on the beach) but then we saw how young the crowd and how loud the music was and didn't go.    We are getting old  - LOL!

A friend of mine unknowingly booked a pool view room. An early-to-bed and early-to-rise person. Big mistake. The band played right outside kept them up until the wee hours. They tried to relocate to the other side (street side) but the resort was full.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This is the one we did, and it was all from the shore. No catamaran. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/shore-excursions/cur/willemstad-curacao/beach-hop-turtle-snorkel-experience/cue8

If I recall, @Lionesss Sue did a snorkel with turtles in Curaçao, and didn’t have much luck seeing them.  

Early in the day was best for us. 

We did a snorkel with turtles catamaran tour in Barbados.  I don’t snorkel.  Just in it for the catamaran.  We saw several turtles from the boat though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I am the designated bartender. I am kinda slow since these drinks can be complicated. I am pre batching some of them to make life easier. The hard part will be getting the first round out in a timely manner. After people start drinking their timing for new cocktails will be staggering.

The smart guest will order 2 drinks right away & then as soon as they finish the first one, order the next. That way they will never have to wait. 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She said the lady that owns the home and I live across the street with my Grandparents during the summer.   I said you have the wrong house.     She looked around and realized she was on the wrong street.....kids.....LOL!

Probably was coming from the Sea Shell.😁

• Haha 5

Micheline has taken on a new hobby...she has turned our backyard into a Monarch butterfly factory.  She first bought some milkweed.  The butterflies laid their eggs and then the resulting caterpillars devoured the milkweed in a matter of what seemed like minutes.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar makes more sense to me now. 😁

Next step...get more milkweed.  That resulted in even more caterpillars, which turned into many chrysalises.  Unfortunately, these guys that are everywhere around here had their way with both the caterpillars and the chrysalises.

IMG_1339.thumb.jpg.9d73c89fd4aad2f7c882a978609a3596.jpg

Step 3 was to order a butterfly habitat...a fine mesh cage that can keep the geckos out.  Once the eggs are laid on a milkweed plant and the caterpillars start to emerge, you put the plant into the cage.  For the next few days, replenish the milkweed (did I say these guys are hungry?) and remove the droppings.  The caterpillars eventually climb to the top of the habitat and form the chrysalis, attached to the top.  

IMG_1337.thumb.jpg.300bb7ea5ece9d7fd265a8e5cb18cd96.jpg

IMG_1338.thumb.jpg.114f8bad610bf9214c7a9846fe51694a.jpg

The chrysalises may be hard to see in the second photo but there are about a dozen of them hanging.  We should start to see butterflies in about a week.  I'll let you know how it goes.

This looks like it would be a fun thing to do with kids/grandkids.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That's a neat trick that the scammer gave you a call back number so you could "verify" that it's not a scam. All it would do is connect you to another scammer that is sitting next to original scammer.

I just got  text message from NYC saying I have an unpaid parking ticket balance of $2.50 & a link to pay it before a $25 late fee surcharge kicks in. First of all, $2.50??? Unless it's from 1970, I'm pretty sure any ticket from the great City of New York starts at $50 & increases in increments of $50.  Second, every speeding & red light camera (I sometime forget No Right on Red in the city) ticket has been sent in the mail to me. Thirdly, the text came from a Montreal, Canada area code. But most importantly, when I went to the NYC official website, the link to pay for tickets wasn't even close to the name of the link sent to me via text.  Nice try, scammers. Not!

I'm still waiting for the cheque the President of Nigeria's son is supposed to be sending me.  I mailed him the money order he needed to certify the financial transaction along with all my banking information.  Hopefully it all comes in soon.  When it does I'm going to buy all my CC friends a cruise 🙂 

• Haha 17

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline has taken on a new hobby...she has turned our backyard into a Monarch butterfly factory.  She first bought some milkweed.  The butterflies laid their eggs and then the resulting caterpillars devoured the milkweed in a matter of what seemed like minutes.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar makes more sense to me now. 😁

Next step...get more milkweed.  That resulted in even more caterpillars, which turned into many chrysalises.  Unfortunately, these guys that are everywhere around here had their way with both the caterpillars and the chrysalises.

Step 3 was to order a butterfly habitat...a fine mesh cage that can keep the geckos out.  Once the eggs are laid on a milkweed plant and the caterpillars start to emerge, you put the plant into the cage.  For the next few days, replenish the milkweed (did I say these guys are hungry?) and remove the droppings.  The caterpillars eventually climb to the top of the habitat and form the chrysalis, attached to the top.  

The chrysalises may be hard to see in the second photo but there are about a dozen of them hanging.  We should start to see butterflies in about a week.  I'll let you know how it goes.

That is super awesome.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Working hard today cleaning the house to get ready for the first tiki patio party of the summer.

IMG_4640.thumb.jpeg.9870133f7091b8c1d93111a083ca633d.jpeg

This Saturday we are having 6 of my former coworkers including two anchors and our long time reporter who I’ve have worked with for over 40 years.

I have set the menu and gotten most of the food except for a few things from one of our favorite Chinese restaurants close by.

IMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.59087dfe5ade85961f7a9b42b00912ef.jpeg

The cocktail menu is set so that I can pre batch some of them so I can serve faster. Also since there are hundreds of Tiki drinks I figured I would serve some of the more popular ones.

Should be fun. I will try and remember to take some pictures. Cheers!

This sounds like great fun Greg.  Too bad we couldn’t do one on a Bella cruise. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's a whole lot of fun. We did that one summer with our granddaughter. The life cycle is fascinating. Those guys can sure eat a lot of milkweed! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Trust me you wouldn’t like living here. I hate it here but I have lived here my whole life. I would love to live where you do.

There is a house on my street for sale.  Neighborhood could use an ambiance upgrade.  Cape Liberty is less than a 90 minute drive away.  Just throwing that out there. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds really nice! I wish RCI would do 7 nighters to Bermuda.

We did a 7 night cruise on Serenade out of Boston to Bermuda in 2019.  We overnighted two nights.  It was a great itinerary since we go so much time in Bermuda.  They haven't done another Bermuda sailing from Boston since but I am hoping they add on again in the future.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter does that every year with her first grade students.  She just cuts some milkweed to put in the screen house, and then keeps switching it out.

Her students love it.

• Like 5