Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are a bunch of different websites that will give you information about when the launches are on the Space Coast.  There is an app too.  Here are a couple of the links so you will know when to look out.

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events

https://www.visitspacecoast.com/launches/

The night time launches are neat to see.  We were at a wedding in St. Augustine when there was a launch that part of the payload was actually something my DH worked on.  Launch was when dinner was being served inside but there was a rooftop bar area where we could go watch.  It was cool seeing something he worked on launch.

We use those quite often.  If the launch is around sunset or sunrise and going north we often see them here in SC.  Did get to see one launch from Port Canaveral a few years ago on boarding day for Mariner.   Both were neat to see.  Here is a pic from our yard during one of the SpaceX launches.  You can even see the booster coming back down.  Pic from Mariner was from a distance and daylight so hard to see.  Today's launch was well after sunrise so couldn't see it at all.

20210915_200744.thumb.jpg.b9ad3f28b9060d57beb4eb9a4b1369d9.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I booked what I *think* might be my first Princess cruise, Alaska June 2025. But now some of my cruise friends are trying to lure me onto a NYE cruise aboard the Sun Princess, their newest mega-ship.  This New Years Eve, so that could be my first Princess cruise.  We shall see.

Our 1st cruise was on Sea Princess.   It was about 25 years ago.  It was a new ship.  We were celebrating our 20th anniversary.   We had our 45th last Sunday!

We were chased by a hurricane that cruise however that didn't stop us from later cruises. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We use those quite often.  If the launch is around sunset or sunrise and going north we often see them here in SC.  Did get to see one launch from Port Canaveral a few years ago on boarding day for Mariner.   Both were neat to see.  Here is a pic from our yard during one of the SpaceX launches.  You can even see the booster coming back down.  Pic from Mariner was from a distance and daylight so hard to see.  Today's launch was well after sunrise so couldn't see it at all.

20210915_200744.thumb.jpg.b9ad3f28b9060d57beb4eb9a4b1369d9.jpg

My Mom's house in Florida is south of Melbourne, so she used to go out in her driveway to see the launches go over.  Cool you can see them in SC.

• Like 2

Camp NanaPapa is wrapping up today.  Yesterday was a visit to a very hands on marine biology center nearby.  The sun came out briefly in the afternoon for one final pool session, then we made tacos for dinner and went out for ice cream.  
IMG_2101.thumb.jpeg.700aabbe37c36209ee2aafc5ba646d22.jpeg

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.9e8d50785c11b24e81e218d6185b57e8.jpeg

IMG_2107.thumb.jpeg.32269d74d2d953038301b3975a53759f.jpeg

IMG_2112.thumb.jpeg.ace43866daa21ca6f9700ae0750f4a0c.jpeg

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.85b3da94defdbafb0552b1f2509d4908.jpeg

We’re currently in our way to PA bringing the boys home.  We’ll spend the night and tomorrow Andy and I will drive directly to Albany NY to help pack up his Mom’s apartment.  She’s finally agreed she needs assisted living and will move there Thursday.  

Hawaii in 18 days and it can’t come soon enough!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 28

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought Fall would be PTs favorite, but the ones I've talked to would rather it not happen. 

I'm guessing Spring as they would like to see that in everyone's step. 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

My Mom's house in Florida is south of Melbourne, so she used to go out in her driveway to see the launches go over.  Cool you can see them in SC.

We can see night launches from our beach, about 150 miles away.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Momof3gurlz I wish we could convince my Mom to go to either assisted living or independent living near us. It is going to take a crisis to get her to move.  I just wish it would be her decision and not one that is forced on her after a fall or illness.

I hope the move goes well. 🙂 

Thanks. It wasn’t all that easy, the family has been trying to get her to agree for years.  She’s had several falls recently which led to this finally happening.  I wish you the best.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re currently in our way to PA bringing the boys home.  We’ll spend the night and tomorrow Andy and I will drive directly to Albany NY to help pack up his Mom’s apartment.  She’s finally agreed she needs assisted living and will move there Thursday.  

I am sure that will give both you, Andy and Andy's mom some peace of mind. If something were to happen to her suddenly she is right there to get help.

Have a great time in Hawaii as I know you will. Drink a Hawaiian Mai Tai for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'm guessing Spring as they would like to see that in everyone's step. 

I remember last year before leaving for  Lake Erie, my PT said,  have a good trip!  I turned around and said,  really? My PT wants me to have a good trip? 

• Haha 16

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our 1st cruise was on Sea Princess.   It was about 25 years ago.  It was a new ship.  We were celebrating our 20th anniversary.   We had our 45th last Sunday!

We were chased by a hurricane that cruise however that didn't stop us from later cruises. 

Happy belated 45th anniversary best wishes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Camp NanaPapa is wrapping up today.  Yesterday was a visit to a very hands on marine biology center nearby.  The sun came out briefly in the afternoon for one final pool session, then we made tacos for dinner and went out for ice cream.  
IMG_2101.thumb.jpeg.700aabbe37c36209ee2aafc5ba646d22.jpeg

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.9e8d50785c11b24e81e218d6185b57e8.jpeg

IMG_2107.thumb.jpeg.32269d74d2d953038301b3975a53759f.jpeg

IMG_2112.thumb.jpeg.ace43866daa21ca6f9700ae0750f4a0c.jpeg

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.85b3da94defdbafb0552b1f2509d4908.jpeg

I'm tired just thinking of all that you are doing.  Hawaii sounds wonderfully relaxing!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Do you know when they changed the Premier Package? When I booked the Alaska cruise, it was $80 per day. Considering it included tips, wifi (up to 4 devices), 2 specialty & unlimited casual specialty restaurants( which I guess would be their version of Playmakers, Johnny Rockets, etc) and a few other things such as photos & fitness classes, it seemed liked quite the deal. 

Quite the deal, considering that I just payed $65 for the drink package on Adventure, the extra $15 gets you a lot more.

The changes to the Premier package only happened in the last week.  So it’s very new.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're finally back home in Florida.  It was great seeing our daughters in Cincinnati, and we got a lot done on my older daughter's 130-year-old house, but we're exhausted. I think a couple of days of doing nothing is in order.  Although my daughter loves her old Victorian house, I much prefer our modern house with a lot more space.  

There's still a lot more to do, especially with her landscaping.  We cleared out a lot of garbage trees and shrubs around her yard, that likely grew as weeds for years.  We kept and significantly trimmed a few other larger trees that were in good shape.  We also got rid of most of the wintercreeper that had overgrown and was tangled in her chain link fence.  Someone years ago planted it for ground cover, and possibly as cover for her fence, but I doubt if it was ever maintained. There were many wintercreeper roots that were 3-4 inches thick that we couldn't remove from the fence.  We cut it off at the ground and will need to wait for it to die and then cut/chop/scrap to remove it from the fence.  That will probably be next summer.  She now has mostly a blank slate from which to build a new landscaping plan.  

• Like 16

Here downunder we are heading into Spring 🌸

last weekend I unpacked & wore my shorts for the first time

Took the heavy blankets off the bed

Can walk Max for longer after work (so he can spot more bunnies & avoid more cats)

Wildflowers are out

Going to the cherry blossom festival this weekend 

And the definite sign of Spring -  this conversation in the car  last weekend:

DH: You just sneezed 10 times!

Me:  It was “only” 7

DH:  Soon to be 10…..

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3
  • Haha 15

Just paid balance and purchased insurance and airfare for our MSc seaside yacht club after thanksgiving, airfare is ridiculous almost 2k each for first class and times aren’t that good. Very happy that MSc will cruise out of Galveston starting end of next year that will save us thousands on airfare. 

here are the Siamese again they love there condo , shocked that the little toy on it is still there , they have tried to rip it off for last 4 days .

image.thumb.jpeg.e7f731a6a2a515404eb5fc221982da8a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81ca6073f31e8e901bd35ccad4e42baf.jpeg

• Like 23